Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:33 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 512 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Leadership, Operations
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V29
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2301 [0]
Given Kudos: 114
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GRE 1: Q169 V168

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2103 [0]
Given Kudos: 77
Send PM
Re: Can I appear for GMAT now & apply year later after gathering work exp? [#permalink]
ally510 wrote:
Hi
I am a graduate but I have no work experience yet. I have been preparing for GMAT for a few months now and planning to finally give the test.
But I have one doubt - Should I give the exam now, then gather work experience and apply to B-schools a year later OR should I give the test after gathering work experience when I am planning to apply to B-schools (according to application deadlines that year) ??

Since you have been studying for the GMAT I would advise you to take the GMAT before starting with your GMAT. However, I would also like you to consider your targeted school's desired score and your score on official mocks and then take a measured decision as to what is best for you. The score is valid for 5 years so that should not be an issue.

All the best.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Can I appear for GMAT now & apply year later after gathering work exp? [#permalink]
Thank you everyone for the response. I am targeting for MBA. As I have already prepared i will give the exam in a month or so.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11666 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi ally510,

Studying for the GMAT now - years before you will actually 'need' your Score - is a smart choice. In this way, you'll have your Score 'locked up' and can focus on building the other aspects of your profile. Your Official GMAT Score is valid for up to 5 years, so as long as you apply before your Score has 'expired', you'll be all set.

Before I can offer you any additional advice for your studies, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied? How many hours do you typically study each week?
2) What study materials have you used so far?
3) On what dates did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
4) What is your overall goal score?
5) Do you have an exact Test Date yet (and if so, then when is it?)?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22052 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
If you feel prepared for the GMAT and plan to apply within the next 5 years, then yes, get your GMAT out of the way now. However, if you are not yet prepared to take the exam, then give yourself some more time and take the GMAT once you are truly ready.
GMAT Club Bot