Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:34 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 93 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
GPA: 3.58
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 243
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V45
GPA: 3.38
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Re: Compiled Video Interview Questions for Foster School of Business [#permalink]
felcy wrote:
Hi Guys thanks for sharing the information

Are you all applicants for the MBA program?

I'm applying for the msis program, and it indicates there would be 3 questions in the assessment. My practice questions are very simple questions like what's your favorite book or your travel experiences, but everyone here is posting 2 questions that need some deep thoughts. I'm wondering will questions for different programs different?

Thanks

The practice questions for the MBA app were easy like that too. What super power would you want, and if you won a large sum of money what would you do with it. The real questions are nothing like the actual questions.

Honestly not sure what the MSIS questions would be like, but I wouldn't be too surprised if they were similar in some ways.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Re: Compiled Video Interview Questions for Foster School of Business [#permalink]
1. What was your first job. And what did you learn from it.

2. What was a recent setback for you. How did you handle it and what was the outcome.

Dont fret!! it will finish beore you will realise. 5 mins exercise.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Kudos
Got done with my video interview just now.
I was asked the following 2 questions(in my own words):
1. What are the most important leadership attributes according to you?
2. Tell us about a situation at work where you had too much on your plate then you could work on. How did you decide what to prioritise and what was the end result?

PS: The practice questions are completely unrelated to what is asked. They are just to get a feel of the interview and get comfortable with the interface.

The entire thing takes less than 5 minutes.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi Ved09
I am about to start my video questions
So there were only 2 questions in the video interview?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GRE 1: Q167 V163
Send PM
Just finished my foster assessment and these were my questions;

1. If you had unlimited time outside work and school, what would you do and why?

2. Tell me about a time you had limited resources to work on a task, what strategies did you deploy and what was the result?

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GRE 1: Q167 V163
Send PM
Just finished my foster assessment and these were my questions;

1. If you had unlimited time outside work and school, what would you do and why?

2. Tell me about a time you had limited resources to work on a task, what strategies did you deploy and what was the result?

Intern
Intern
Schools: Ross '22
GRE 1: Q163 V159
GPA: 3.45
Send PM
Just completed my video interview for Fall 2022. Here are the questions(loosely the same ones) -

1) Describe a situation where you chose to communicate a message in person, where an email would be faster. Explain why you chose to talk directly?
2) Talk about a time when you were wrong in the professional setting. What did you do about it?

Grateful for this blog that helped me prep and happy to help the next guy that comes along :D
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GPA: 2.91
Send PM
My questions:

1) Describe when you go beyond and help a colleague. How did it happen and what was the result?
2) Describe how you overcome obstacles, what did you do and what lessons did you learn?

The compiled sets of questions of previous years helped a lot in preparation. Kudos!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
for which program are these? I have a video interview for the MSIS program, do these questions apply to that program too?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thanks to previous comments.
it really helps & i'lll help for the future Foster's.

mine was:
1) Describe when you go beyond and help a colleague. How did it happen and what was the result?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 258
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Question #1:

When assessing a potential new role, what are the most important values you look for in a company

Question #2:

Talk about the time when you made a wrong decision, what was the setback and how did you handle it?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 9
GRE 1: Q147 V157
GPA: 3.6
WE:Marketing (Other)
Send PM
I just finished recording mine. The platform allows you to have as many practice tests as you want. Once you think you are ready, you will go to the question part and record. You will have a video of someone from the adcom asking a question, 30 to 45 sec to prepare an answer, and then 1’30 to record it.
The practice questions were very casual, asking for a superpower I would like to have or a book I read last year, but the recorded questions looked more like an interview with "tell me about a time you..."
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 9
GRE 1: Q147 V157
GPA: 3.6
WE:Marketing (Other)
Send PM
I didn’t take note of the exact questions, but it was a variation of:

1 - Please give an example of an extra-curricular activity that taught you something important or changed your perspective in some ways

2 - Telle a time you were in a situation with considerable ambiguity. What action did you take, and what was the result?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Sustainability
GPA: 3.29
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
these are the questions i got
1. what is the best piece of advice you have received and how has it helped you
2. tell me about a stressful time at work and how did you conquer it
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
This is what I had, paraphrasing a bit:
1. What is the best piece of feedback you have received in a professional setting and why?
2. TMAT when you planned for something and it didn’t go as per the plan. What were the steps you took and what was the result?

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2