Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:55 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here [#permalink]
Thank you! Do you know, if some practise tests in this collection? I want to pass practice test first to understand my level

shift808 wrote:
lynart wrote:
Thank you! There are a lot of options, what did you bought?

I used the, "Official Practice Premium Collection" for $150. It contains quite a lot of material.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here [#permalink]
Kudos
lynart wrote:
Thank you! Do you know, if some practise tests in this collection? I want to pass practice test first to understand my level

I just used the first couple tests to assess my level with some studying and then the last two test shortly before I took the exam. Unlike the GMAT, there is not a plethora of study resources available specifically for the Executive Assessment. That said, there is significant overlap between the EA and GMAT, so you can use selected GMAT materials in areas you feel particularly weak.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you, its very helpful! Now its more clear for me!

shift808 wrote:
lynart wrote:

I just used the first couple tests to assess my level with some studying and then the last two test shortly before I took the exam. Unlike the GMAT, there is not a plethora of study resources available specifically for the Executive Assessment. That said, there is significant overlap between the EA and GMAT, so you can use selected GMAT materials in areas you feel particularly weak.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Bookmarks
This is an excellent article, covering the adaptive testing format and scoring. Perfect scores are 18 per section, for a maximum score of 120 + 18 + 18 + 18 = 174. This formula is validated for every posted EA score.

https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/blog/about-executive-assessment/
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 104 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Getting candidates into great schools!
Schools:Harvard, Wharton, Stanford, Columbia, Chicago, MIT, NYU, Yale, +
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi,

Thank you so much for your detailed post. This is what my clients also find -- that the GMAC materials prepare them well. Most of them use all the GMAC materials first and pace themselves in taking the GMAC mock exams. There are four total mock exams, and many times the mock exam's projected score ends up being about three points higher than the real score. So I tell my clients to prepare until they are getting a mock score three points higher than what they want in reality. That means that if they get a 158 on the mock exam, they might get a 155 on the real exam. After exhausting all GMAC materials, some of my clients use GMAT materials to study-- either GMAT self-study via books or an online course. You were diligent and scored well. Congratulations! Good luck in your admissions process.

Best wishes,
Dr. Shel
MBA Admit.com

Jazzy3113 wrote:
I am early thirties and decided to take the EA in lieu of the GMAT due to the fact that it was shorter and there was no geometry, which meant I could spend less time on test prep since I have a full time job.

I did a little practice on GMAT study guides and then purchased the GMAC study tools for the EA. I took the entire GMAC course twice and the IR prep tool once.

I found the test to be exactly what is was purported to be - a mini-GMAT, with no geometry and a focus on the IR section. The prep tools were good for familiarizing yourself with the difficulty and structure of the questions. What it lacked was a teaching course for topics, but that can be gained from the plethora for GMAT materials available.

As in any test, preparing for time management is key. I ran out of time in the quant section.

I got a 13, 13, and 14 for a total score of 161. Unsure of what that means or what percentile rank I achieved. From the meager info out there, I believe that a score of 150+ is sufficient.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi,

Thank you for this post. This is great advice for candidates. Your experience is consistent with what we are finding with our candidates at MBA Admit.com. Many people reading here will be happy to know that you studied for three weeks and found that you could prepare in that time. It is also great that you detail how important it is to have a test strategy during the actual test. Glad things went well for you!

Best wishes,
Dr. Shel
MBA Admit.com

Krisk wrote:
Sharing my experience here as there wasn't much written about EA. Took EA and got 159 (IR:13, VR: 10 and AR:16). The scores are very close the practice assessment scores I got while working on gmac material.

I have bought the gmac practice bundle that comes with two tests and 350 practice questions and worked through it for about 20 hours over three weeks. on the side, I picked up GMAT practice tests at my local library and practiced them as well. I took one of two official gmac practice tests on the first week of my prep and got 156(12,10,14) and another one the week before my final test and got 161(18,10,13), Final EA score came out right in the middle. BTW, there are some errors in the gmac prep material towards the end. I have reported them by clicking the report errors button. Hopefully they fix them soon.

Based on my analysis on practice test scores and final test scores, the maximum possible score is 174. Each of the individual sections can go to max of 18. I.e. three 18s would put you at 174. 18 in a section means you have answered all of the questions correctly.

On the test strategy, I had just enough time to complete the sections and didn't have any left over to really go back and review the flagged questions. As you may know, each of the sections are divided into two sub sections. Performance on the first sub section will adapt the level of difficulty on the second sub section. If you see the difficulty level high on the second half that is a good sign which means you had performed well on the first half.

On time management, once the exam starts, the clock will keep ticking even on the information screen or on the review screens.so keep an eye for the time remaining.

Good luck to all of you preparing for EA. Happy to answer any questions you have during the preparation.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi,

Thanks for this post. At this time, there are now four GMAC practice EA tests, which is much better than just two (for the first few years after its introduction, there were only two GMAC mock EA exams). So, you are able to take the four mock exams provided by GMAC and project your score.

Good luck to all!

Best wishes,
Dr. Shel
MBA Admit.com

HugeDynamics wrote:
I took 4-5 weeks to prepare for the Executive Assessment and I will highly recommend it in lieu of the GMAT for working professionals who are looking to start an executive MBA. I used the EA official prep to practice and assess my level. The practice questions and the two official practice assessment practice exams are in line with what you will encounter in the exam. By this I mean, your official exam score will likely reflect your scores on the two official practice assessments.

I scored 151 on my EA exam and my Practice Assessment 1 score was 150 and Practice Assessment Score 2 (one day after) was 152, which is not bad given that I only had to study for 4-5 weeks.

The quant reasoning section is quite easy if you have a good background in maths (geometry is not included in EA quant). If this is the case, my advise to anyone will be to invest more time on IR and verbal and little time on quant.

For IR, I will suggest investing extra time on Multi-Source Reasoning question as you can easily pick up 4-5 points on this question. Some Two-part analysis questions that require verbal reasoning can be very tricky and time-consuming, so if you don't have time just guess and move on to other questions types like table analysis and graphical interpretation that are less tedious.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi,

Yes, this is an approach many of my clients take also. Many of them take one GMAC practice EA exam early on to assess their skill level. They then study and pace when they take the remaining three GMAC practice EA exams. They use GMAC materials to study and supplement that with GMAT prep materials as needed.

Good luck to all as you prepare!

Best wishes,
Dr. Shel
MBA Admit.com

shift808 wrote:
lynart wrote:

Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi,

Wharton will usually ask someone to re-take the exam when they score in the low-150 range (there are some exceptions, of course). It should be fine at Booth if you present a good application (essay and recs). With Yale, whether this score is good enough will depend on your overall credentials (GPA, work experience+) and quality of your application (essay and recs).

Good luck in your admissions process!
Best wishes,
Dr. Shel
MBA Admit.com

carbazzy wrote:
Hello all,

I took the Executive Assessment today and scored a 150 on the nose, IR-9, V-10. and Q-11. I felt the exam was slightly harder than the practices exams that I have been taking from GMAC, my practice scores ranged from 152-162, and my score reflects this. Realizing 150 seems to be at the bottom of the acceptable scale, do I still have a shot at my target schools of Yale SOM, Wharton, and Booth? Should I consider retaking?

Any consultants willing to weigh in would be appreciated!

ShellyLWatts
MBAPrepCoach
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
I took the EA yesterday. It seemed harder than the practice tests. I was usually able to finish the practice tests in about an hour. I found myself using up almost all the allotted on the real exam.

I would say that the practice exam questions were trickier than the real exam. There were lots of opportunities to slip up on the practice questions if you didn't read them very carefully. The real exam questions were more straightforward. The content of the questions on the real exam was more difficult than the practice exams; I completed a couple practice exams without resorting to a pen and pad, but I had to use the pen and pad extensively for the QR section of the real exam.

The adaptive difficulty kind of messes with your head. Getting an easier question makes you wonder what you messed up on the previous section.

Originally posted by anonpilt on 15 Jan 2020, 08:53.
Last edited by anonpilt on 20 Jan 2020, 14:30, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Send PM
anonpilt wrote:
Practice exam scores 163-174, real exam score near the top end of that range.

Great scores!
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10010 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Join us if you are curious to know what could be a great EA score and other FAQs about the EA test.

Starts in 30 minutes
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
This is a basic question about testing environment itself, but wanted to confirm that calculator for IR section is only a computer calculator on the screen? They do not give you a real calculator?

Anyone have trouble asking for additional notepad or pens from test site staff before the exam?
LBS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 775 [0]
Given Kudos: 1577
Send PM
jj925 wrote:
This is a basic question about testing environment itself, but wanted to confirm that calculator for IR section is only a computer calculator on the screen? They do not give you a real calculator?

Anyone have trouble asking for additional notepad or pens from test site staff before the exam?

Hi jj925, The calculator in IR section is an on screen one. You can get comfortable with it while taking your practice gmat tests 1&2, which are free when you register at mba.com

Notepad is an erasable, laminated one. Pens are like felt pens. You raise your hand and can ask for a replacement pad at any time. It takes around 1 min for the examiner to come, understand your request and then replace your notepad. When you are nearing the end of the pad, raise your hands so that you do not lose any time waiting.
Intern
Intern
Send PM