Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 19:31 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2412 [0]
Given Kudos: 272
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1807 [0]
Given Kudos: 203
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]
Hi OfficialGMAT !

Like I mentioned here https://gmatclub.com/forum/taking-gmat-while-wearing-sunglasses-314949.html#p2446638, it would be really helpful for me to have sunglasses during the exam due to my eye condition.

Do I need an official permission to wear sunglasses at the GMAT exam or is it allowed to have a pair?

Thanks a lot!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
It's really a joke when youre preparing for an exam which is world renowned and charges a hefty $250 as exam fees . But when you go to book the exam on website its a complete failure. Whole hour wasted trying to book for the exam and even on the dates showing available im unable to book it. Why even a test slot is showing available when its already booked ? Is there any alternative way to book the exam ? Also, lets start a fundraiser to fund these leeches who take outrageous amounts for an exam so that they can develop a better website. Thanks
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [0]
Given Kudos: 629
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
ak23456 wrote:
It's really a joke when youre preparing for an exam which is world renowned and charges a hefty $250 as exam fees . But when you go to book the exam on website its a complete failure. Whole hour wasted trying to book for the exam and even on the dates showing available im unable to book it. Why even a test slot is showing available when its already booked ? Is there any alternative way to book the exam ? Also, lets start a fundraiser to fund these leeches who take outrageous amounts for an exam so that they can develop a better website. Thanks
Hi ak23456,

You can call Pearson up. Let them know that the website is not working for you (otherwise they may charge you, if I remember correctly, $10).
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GPA: 3.23
Send PM
Hi,
Is GMAC considering revoking the lifetime limit of 8? If not what are the options left with candidates who might want to still pursue an MBA from Top college.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [1]
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
Send PM
Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
avijeetsrivastava wrote:
Hi,
Is GMAC considering revoking the lifetime limit of 8? If not what are the options left with candidates who might want to still pursue an MBA from Top college.
Hi avijeetsrivastava,

Until OfficialGMAT gets back to you: the GMAC faced a major issue in China (test takers taking the test 5 times every 12 months and leaking questions) that prompted this security measure, so I don't think they will change their position on this anytime soon. You may have to use one of your existing scores, or write to them asking for an additional attempt. You can also take the online GMAT, at least while it is available. It does not count towards the lifetime limit, so my guess is that they won't have a problem with you taking it.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 146
Schools: MBS (A$)
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V30
GMAT 2: 650 Q50 V27
GRE 1: Q170 V152
GPA: 4
Send PM
How GMAT Online will provide me access code for giving gmat online
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Hi Team,

I am willing to take the GMAT exam in a month. My original passport is currently not with me and is in my hometown. Due to the pandemic situation I am not able to go to my hometown to get my passport. However, I have my driver's license and a scanned copy of my passport available with me.

I had taken GMAT once previously in 2018. So my biometrics and passport verification was done at that time and should be present in GMAT database

So, I wanted to know is it possible to get permission for taking the exam with driving license and scanned copy of passport

Thanks

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
While for the gnat at the test center, most nationalities are not allowed to use DL, for gnat online GMAC is allowing use of drivers license as reported by a few test takers.

PRhea wrote:
Hi Team,

I am willing to take the GMAT exam in a month. My original passport is currently not with me and is in my hometown. Due to the pandemic situation I am not able to go to my hometown to get my passport. However, I have my driver's license and a scanned copy of my passport available with me.

I had taken GMAT once previously in 2018. So my biometrics and passport verification was done at that time and should be present in GMAT database

So, I wanted to know is it possible to get permission for taking the exam with driving license and scanned copy of passport

Thanks

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 186
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
My laptop screen is quite small. Can I use an external big monitor?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.98
Send PM
Hi @Officalgmat

I had exhausted my 2 attempts for GMAC Prep Test 3,4,5 & 6. I repaid to take the test again bu i am not able to reset it. I did not get an activation code nor did I get a reset option. I costs me 90$.

I have been writing on the email id by haven't been getting any response.

Please Help!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Subject: GMAT EXAM ISSUE | ID: 100003758852
Hello Sir/Ma'am,

This is with reference to the GMAT exam (GMAT ID: 100003758852) that was scheduled today at 0800 hrs. I was not allowed to give GMAT Exam (Test Centre - Pearson Professionals, Westgate, Near YMCA Club, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India) due to issues in ID. I was carrying Government Provided ID (Driving Licence), but still was not allowed to give GMAT exam as they insisted only on passport. It is clearly mentioned in the admit card that any ID with photograph and signature is valid. Requesting to check further on this so that I can give my GMAT exam.

Also informing that prior to this, I was allowed to give online GMAT exam with Government issued national ID (Aadhar Card). This is highly ambiguous since the acceptable IDs should be similar. Please check on the same. I have a passport but it is in home city, and due to this COVID-19 situation it is very difficult to get the passport.

Regards,
Gaurav
GMAT Aspirant
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi. Sorry. Unfortunately for physical tests only passport is valid. See the country specific list of requirements.

https://www.mba.com/exams/gmat/about-th ... egulations

Sorry ?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Thank you for the information.

But it is clearly mentioned in the Admit Card that any form of Govt. ID is allowed as long as it has your photo and signature on it. Can you please clarify.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 114 [0]
Given Kudos: 472
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.56
Send PM
This is an open letter to GMAC: OfficialGMAT

I have been preparing for the GMAT amidst the traumatizing effects of covid pandemic - effects that are not only phycological or physiological but also financial. I run a small business with my father, and during the last six months, thanks to the pandemic, our business literally came to a screeching halt. Yet, in the face of all these extraordinarily suffocating circumstances, I continued to prepare for the GMAT, studying 22-25 hours a week for the last five to six months. Just to establish my progress, when I started my preparation, my quant score stood at a meagre 31. In my last official mba.com mock, I scored a Q49! And, let me tell you, it didn't come easy.

Having reached my desirable level of mastery over GMAT, especially over Quant, I was about to write my GMAT in a week or so. Today, I got to know that the GMAT Online exam fee has been increased from US$200 to US$250, and I am forced to delay my registering for GMAT test just because I can't afford this sudden increase of US$50. I have no other option but to wait, for God knows how long, till I am able to expend another US$50.

To put it in the mildest terms, I am truly disappointed by GMAT administrators. In these trying times, where responsible companies are coming up with ways to reduce their customers' misery, GMAC has decided to make it even worse. For a mammoth of a company like GMAC, $50 might represent a paltry sum, but for people who are struggling to make ends meet in these tough times, it might represent many days' of grocery or half their monthly bills.

For one, my voice may not be heard in the high offices of GMAT officials. But, I shall voice my concern nevertheless because I am sure there are many out there who are equally traumatized and disillusioned to hear this absolutely troubling news of GMAT fee increase.

I hope, wish, and pray that somebody, SOMEBODY, will heed to this plea, and the fee increase would be reversed. If not, I am afraid, many dreams of pursuing higher education may be indefinitely delayed, if not entirely crushed, in their infancy!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Respected experts.

I have appeared thrice for GMAT exam. I want to report my latest score. Earlier I cancelled my latest score but now I have reinstated. There is "+" sign infront of my latest score. On clicking the + sign it displays the list of schools. And on right it's showing "Score Reportable". Do I need to report again or it is already reported?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 27
Send PM
Is this forum still active?

I am not able to review my responses for Prep 1. The error says "Signature verification process failed" I have logged in multiple times. Not sure what it means. Anybody faced a similar issue?

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [0]
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
Send PM
Expert Reply
Apple1111 wrote:
Is this forum still active?

I am not able to review my responses for Prep 1. The error says "Signature verification process failed" I have logged in multiple times. Not sure what it means. Anybody faced a similar issue?

Hi Apple1111,

I think they'll get around to fixing it after the weekend. And yes, it is definitely not just you.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29