Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:58 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [1]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [2]
GRE 1: Q159 V167
GPA: 3.47
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants (2020 Intake) Class of 2022! [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
vigneshrajendran wrote:
I applied for the 1Y - I did not hear back either.

Resh16 wrote:
vj1994 wrote:
Any Indians who have not yet received an interview invite ?

Have most received ?

I have not yet and I am panicking

Posted from my mobile device

I haven’t heard back yet either

Kellogg tries to interview as many MBA candidates as possible. If you are offered an interview, it’s best to go to their campus in Evanston as it signals genuine interest (Kellogg, like all schools, especially cares about *yield* so they want to make sure that if they offer you admission, there’s a good chance you’ll attend -- you can signal this by incurring the cost and time-loss of interviewing in-person) and it guarantees you an in-person interview. If you don’t do an on-campus interview, Kellogg will try to arrange an in-person interview with an alum in your area, but this can be challenging depending on where you live. A skype interview with an AdCom member or student may occur instead if there isn’t an available alum to interview you nearby. Skype interviews can be tricky, especially if you aren’t used to interviewing on camera.

You should practice as much as possible before a potential Skype interview. Ideally, you should do a mock interview with a willing MBA alum, who can simulate the interview as authentically as possible. The Kellogg interviews are super-focused on *fit,* so you should make sure that the interviewer focuses on questions about leadership, collaboration, and WHY KELLOGG as much as possible in his/her questioning. Do a video recording of the interview so you can play it back and catch your mistakes (even things like a messy background, bad/unflattering angle, reflective glasses, etc.). Two sessions like this would probably be good, so that you have one session to catch the low-hanging fruit and then another to catch higher-order mistakes.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.11
Send PM
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants (2020 Intake) Class of 2022! [#permalink]
I'll be in Evanston from 1/25 - 1/27 for my interview. If anyone else is going to be there, feel free to send over a PM!
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
FuturePM91 definitely not set on arguing that, and I applaud you for making sure the information here is accurate. My apologies, but it was the impression my client took away from that interaction. Can you provide your take on his side of the conversation about how they did not know anything about him, and their instructions re: supplementary information? Feel free to PM me.

FuturePM91 wrote:
MBAPrepCoach I mean. I’m not really sure what you want me to say/what value it adds to continue to go back and forth. It’s not a call center.

I know first hand because I am a current student and occasionally volunteer with admissions. I don’t want others on this forum to receive inaccurate information because of an applicant’s assumptions, which tends to happen a lot.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Hi,

I signed up for Interview Preference: Off-Campus outside US.

In the application, I chose the city where I live, but then I am not so sure whether Kellogg has alumni in my city. Will the interview invite includes the option to choose the city, or they will strictly choose the city that I chose in the application?

Anyone who interviewed, can you give me some advice?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
anliv wrote:
Hi,

In the application, I chose the city where I live, but then I am not so sure whether Kellogg has alumni in my city. Will the interview invite includes the option to choose the city, or they will strictly choose the city that I chose in the application?

I would suggest reaching out to adcom ASAP and changing the city to a major hub in your country where there will be a lot of alumni. The last thing you want is a waiver

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q41 V37
GMAT 2: 690 Q43 V41
GMAT 3: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.38
Send PM
anliv wrote:
Hi,

Hi Anliv,

You could reach out to AdCom like sn198 has suggested. I believe I did the same thing as you did and ended up having a Skype interview.
Invited to Interview
22 Dec, 2019
27 Jan 2020, 08:21
sfomba GMAT: 680, Q43, V40; WE: 51 months; United States, CA; via Phone
Haven't been matched with a local alum yet so called admissions and requested an on campus interview. They still have a few spots! [#permalink]
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [2]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Lekoben will take over the control of this discussion & Kellogg forum from hereon. With admission offer from prestigious Michigan Ross already in hand, he is now applying to HBS, Kellogg, and Stanford in R2. For any help on Kellogg forum, feel free to contact him. But for now, congrats and wish him best luck.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.34
Send PM
does anyone know what to do if you haven't received a response back from my interviewer? It looks like the email they gave me seems kinda outdated (its from a yahoo address), so not sure if my interviewer will respond
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 446
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
Send PM
LOM19010 wrote:
does anyone know what to do if you haven't received a response back from my interviewer? It looks like the email they gave me seems kinda outdated (its from a yahoo address), so not sure if my interviewer will respond

You must have got a phone number in the interview email. Just reach out to the number and confirm if they have received your email. My interviewer was not responsive on emails however she assured that she got my resume once I asked her if she is receiving my emails.

Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.34
Send PM
Timebomb wrote:
LOM19010 wrote:

You must have got a phone number in the interview email. Just reach out to the number and confirm if they have received your email. My interviewer was not responsive on emails however she assured that she got my resume once I asked her if she is receiving my emails.

Thanks! Weird question but did you give them a call or txt them first?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 446
Send PM
LOM19010 wrote:
Timebomb wrote:
LOM19010 wrote:

Thanks! Weird question but did you give them a call or txt them first?

I called her after waiting for about 2 days. She was in a meeting so she hung up and she texted me later in the evening. My suggestion would be to put a text message first.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
Hi everyone, I haven't received an interview invite as of today. I checked on my application status page and it didn't say anything either. Should I be worry?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
GPA: 2.78
Send PM
huymle93 wrote:
Hi everyone, I haven't received an interview invite as of today. I checked on my application status page and it didn't say anything either. Should I be worry?

Same question. Anyone from SEA get an invite yet?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GRE 1: Q169 V157
Send PM
Does anyone know if it's a good sign if Kellogg emailed you 'we would like to make you aware of an opportunity to complete an optional Financial Need Based Scholarship Application'. Or is this sent to everyone?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q41 V37
GMAT 2: 690 Q43 V41
GMAT 3: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.38
Send PM
erlandgas wrote:
Does anyone know if it's a good sign if Kellogg emailed you 'we would like to make you aware of an opportunity to complete an optional Financial Need Based Scholarship Application'. Or is this sent to everyone?

Hey there! The vibe I got is that it's sent to everyone. They specifically say that it will have no impact on your admissions decision.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
[quote="huymle93"]Hi everyone, I haven't received an interview invite as of today. I checked on my application status page and it didn't say anything either. Should I be worry?[/quote]

Have you tried to email adcom as someone suggested above? Perhaps change your location to bigger hub? I wouldnt wait.

[size=80][b][i]Posted from my mobile device[/i][/b][/size]
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  14   15   16   17   18   19   20  ...  54   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts