Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 11:27 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 11:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Given Kudos: 98
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GRE 1: Q166 V164
GPA: 3.63
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022 [#permalink]
Did anyone else get prompted in the application portal to send a hard-copy/official transcript to the Admissions office? Yesterday, when I checked my application status, I had green checkmarks, indicating application status "complete". Today, when I checked, it showed "incomplete" pending a hard copy transcript.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022 [#permalink]
bzek wrote:
Did anyone else get prompted in the application portal to send a hard-copy/official transcript to the Admissions office? Yesterday, when I checked my application status, I had green checkmarks, indicating application status "complete". Today, when I checked, it showed "incomplete" pending a hard copy transcript.

The same thing happened to me, but I also got an e-mail with the interview invitation.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
bzek wrote:

Anything happen to you? Interview invite/portal change?

I just got that same thing in my portal today. Saying they want a hard-copy of my transcript. I check my portal several times a day (I know) so this is new for me. I havent received any email (at least not yet).
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
Round 1 Admitted Indian candidates, should we send sealed hard copies of transcripts directly from our college, or can we send them from our end? Please help.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Sustainability, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.52
WE:Sales (Consulting)
Send PM
btharun2008 wrote:
Round 1 Admitted Indian candidates, should we send sealed hard copies of transcripts directly from our college, or can we send them from our end? Please help.

Are you able to have your undergraduate college send a direct report online to UCLA? That's what my UG school did (I requested that they send an official pdf transcript) and it only took a day for my applicant portal to update, confirming that UCLA has received my transcript.

I believe that whether it's a hard-copy or virtual, it must be sent directly from the school. Verify with the admissions office if it's unclear to you - they're pretty responsive.

EDIT: The poster below me indicated that it's fine if you send it personally as long as the envelope is sealed and signed - I stand corrected.

Originally posted by Tayne on 02 Feb 2020, 05:40.
Last edited by Tayne on 02 Feb 2020, 05:50, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 502 [0]
Given Kudos: 250
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE:Marketing (Computer Software)
Send PM
Round 1 admit here from India. I had my transcripts delivered to me from my undergrad and postgrad schools and then sent them to Anderson. As long as the envelopes are sealed and signed, it doesn't matter.

btharun2008 wrote:

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Tayne wrote:
btharun2008 wrote:

Are you able to have your undergraduate college send a direct report online to UCLA? That's what my UG school did (I requested that they send an official pdf transcript) and it only took a day for my applicant portal to update, confirming that UCLA has received my transcript.

I believe that whether it's a hard-copy or virtual, it must be sent directly from the school. Verify with the admissions office if it's unclear to you - they're pretty responsive.

EDIT: The poster below me indicated that it's fine if you send it personally as long as the envelope is sealed and signed - I stand corrected.

Thank you. I'm not sure if my undergraduate college has electronic reporting. Also for students educated outside United States, they didn't mention electronic reporting in the e-mail, but I think it should work as it did for you. I'm in the process of obtaining sealed transcripts from my school now. Hope I get them soon.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
variantguy did you send both degree and transcripts or just transcripts? I am guessing a signed and sealed copy of the transcripts is enough. How about the degree? I have only one original copy of my college degree :-o
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Hey, usually the transcript set you receive from your college will include a copy of the degree. You'll have to check this once with your college administration, but the degree copy was included along with my transcripts.

And just transcripts won't be enough. You will need to send a copy of the degree as well. If you college doesn't include that by default, maybe you can put in a special request and for some additional charges they should do it,since this is a fairly common request.

Demon26 wrote:
variantguy did you send both degree and transcripts or just transcripts? I am guessing a signed and sealed copy of the transcripts is enough. How about the degree? I have only one original copy of my college degree :-o

Manager
Manager
Send PM
variantguy wrote:
Hey, usually the transcript set you receive from your college will include a copy of the degree. You'll have to check this once with your college administration, but the degree copy was included along with my transcripts.

And just transcripts won't be enough. You will need to send a copy of the degree as well. If you college doesn't include that by default, maybe you can put in a special request and for some additional charges they should do it,since this is a fairly common request.

Demon26 wrote:

"Original, hard-copy academic documents, certified as official in original ink by your school (not by a notary), including Degree certificate or diploma in the native language of your school's country, showing the exact degree awarded and its conferral date"

Does this mean Xerox Copy of the degree attested by college will suffice?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Yes, a xerox copy will work. My transcript set itself included a xerox of the degree certificate, duly signed and attested.

You should check if your college includes the degree certificate by default in the transcript package (most colleges do), and if not ask them to do so, instead of taking on the labor yourself. Everything in one sealed package will be ideal to avoid confusion at the receiver's end.

btharun2008 wrote:
variantguy wrote:

Demon26 wrote:

"Original, hard-copy academic documents, certified as official in original ink by your school (not by a notary), including Degree certificate or diploma in the native language of your school's country, showing the exact degree awarded and its conferral date"

Does this mean Xerox Copy of the degree attested by college will suffice?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GPA: 3.15
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Is Anderson full time MBA getting STEM certified?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Karthik3108 wrote:

id love to know this as well!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mbadreamz90 wrote:
Karthik3108 wrote:

id love to know this as well!

I can’t seem to find anything on their site or news. I have my interview today. I wanted to double check before I ask my interviewer regarding this.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Strictly unofficial news, so take it as you will. As per Dean Rob in one of the admit dinners hosted in NYU, they are pretty confident that they will get STEM for the class of 2022, and in fact, they are almost certain that the Class of 2020 will also have their degree STEM certified.

I'm guessing it's going to be a Skype interviewer with a second-year student, you can actually ask the interviewer about it. Best of luck with your interview! :)

Karthik3108 wrote:

Intern
Intern
Send PM
variantguy wrote:
Strictly unofficial news, so take it as you will. As per Dean Rob in one of the admit dinners hosted in NYU, they are pretty confident that they will get STEM for the class of 2022, and in fact, they are almost certain that the Class of 2020 will also have their degree STEM certified.

I'm guessing it's going to be a Skype interviewer with a second-year student, you can actually ask the interviewer about it. Best of luck with your interview! :)

Karthik3108 wrote:

All right. Thanks, that’s helpful!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 111
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
Send PM
Hey guys! Did anyone email a thank you note post interview? My interviewer contacted me directly on skype for the interview so I'm not sure if searching his email id and sending a note would be right.

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6919 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts