Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 16:15 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel

HEC MBA vs ESADE MBA

You may select 1 option
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 512 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Leadership, Operations
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V29
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72859 [3]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
Send PM
Re: HEC MBA vs ESADE MBA [#permalink]
bb wrote:
I am voting for HEC as well. It has a strong brand and part of the E7. (Top 7 EU schools). ESADE is not quite up there as it competes with IE and IESE...

Are you planning to work in Europe for a while after graduation? I believe many Chinese graduates looked up pretty quickly turn around and go back and work for one of the Chinese tech giants.

Spanish economy is usually somewhat slow compared to even France so if you are going to recruit locally may as well choose the stronger one.

Posted from my mobile device

Interesting bb!

Care to elaborate on your top 7 EU schools?
LBS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 775 [0]
Given Kudos: 1577
Send PM
If we go by FT, then the top 8 are in order of -
1. Insead
2. LBS
3. HEC
4. IESE
5. Judge
6. Said
7. Esade
8. IMD

Of course rankings are not everything, but a few names would be on bb 's list as well.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
bb wrote:
I am voting for HEC as well. It has a strong brand and part of the E7. (Top 7 EU schools). ESADE is not quite up there as it competes with IE and IESE...

Are you planning to work in Europe for a while after graduation? I believe many Chinese graduates looked up pretty quickly turn around and go back and work for one of the Chinese tech giants.

Spanish economy is usually somewhat slow compared to even France so if you are going to recruit locally may as well choose the stronger one.

Posted from my mobile device

Thank you. And yes, I would like to find a job in Europe after graduation. Not target in a single country, but accept all opportunities. Does HEC have the well reputation in other countries except French? Like UK?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: ESADE '22 (A)
Send PM
Kudos
Both great schools. In simple terms, i think it comes down to career outlook and fit. HEC generally better for traditional industry, consulting, and banking; known as one of top euro schools especially in France and UK. ESADE known for entrepreneurship and does well with tech and those who want to go marketing ETC. Known to be collaborative and not the typical B school environment, with a strong presence in Spain and LATAM. I think ESADE might more breadth of alumni since it is known for undergrad and law as well, but HEC probably has more traditional MBA type alumni and has a larger class size per year.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
It's interesting to see how Chinese students often apply to European schools without even knowing the local economy, industries and jobs, or language. Yes, some Chinese alumni got a job and stayed, but they usually have a local spouse who can support with their own network, language skills, and rights to stay. The brands of the school, or the alumni network hardly helped.

In general, Chinese with a background in IT or bioscience/medical industries may be able to score great jobs. General business backgrounds suffer, your best opportunities are likely in the Berlin startups, who pay lower than Chinese firms.

I may be blunt, but better than giving you false hope.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1132 posts