Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 12:35 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [3]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 640 Q35 V42
GPA: 3.4
WE:Sales (Journalism and Publishing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [2]
Given Kudos: 111
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
Send PM
Re: Calling Mendoza (Notre Dame) Applicants 2yr & 1yr MBA [2020 Intake] [#permalink]
Kudos
Thanks so much for your sharing. Hope to see you there in ND
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
Send PM
Re: Calling Mendoza (Notre Dame) Applicants 2yr & 1yr MBA [2020 Intake] [#permalink]
learner311

Is it just an idea on how you think?

I've never done one before either. Most questions seem behavioral - ie why notre dame, mba now, ethical leadership...etc.

Then there's this question such as how many backpacks in vietnam as an example. Do we need to really have a concrete number or just show constructive thinking: ie. population in vietnam, population which would be kids. how many people travel there in a given year. do they x% of those people using backpacks. etc.

Pretty difficult stuff.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 111
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
GMATAlumni2019 wrote:
learner311

Is it just an idea on how you think?

I've never done one before either. Most questions seem behavioral - ie why notre dame, mba now, ethical leadership...etc.

Then there's this question such as how many backpacks in vietnam as an example. Do we need to really have a concrete number or just show constructive thinking: ie. population in vietnam, population which would be kids. how many people travel there in a given year. do they x% of those people using backpacks. etc.

Pretty difficult stuff.

Hello! Yes this particular question is mostly about how you approach the problem statement in a limited timeframe.
In my case I focused on the behavioral questions and that helped. Owing to the nature of a case question it might seem a bit challenging, but I believe that if you have some good points and valid explanations, you're good.

All the best!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Hi, I applied to Mendoza's MBA program on Jan 7 2020. Within a day, I received invitation for Kira assessment. However, it has been almost a month since the assessment yet I received no interview calls. Could you guys tell me usually how soon are the interview invitations sent out following the Kira video assessment?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
ssonesh wrote:
gvishu78 wrote:
yes.. i did..

Hi gvishu,

I'm done with my video assessment now and received an email for the interview.

Are you done with the interview?
Any tips?
how lobg after the Kira assessment did you receive the interview call? I took the assessment on Jan 15 but unfortunately there was no intimation for interview
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
WE:General Management (Health Care)
Send PM
Hi ssonesh11,

You are from the energy and utilities industry. That is where I would like to be after my MBA. Would you possibly know how will that play in my interview process and if there's anything I could ask the adcom regarding this industry in the US?

Thanks.

ssonesh11 wrote:
My interview was with Stephanie Brown. It was my first interview for an MBA college and what I really liked about the interview was that it was not as formal as a job interview. She was casual and made me comfortable.

Questions asked:
1. Why did you select the MBA/MSBA dual degree?
2. Why Notre Dame?
3. How will you contribute to the program?
4. Which concentration will you select if you're admitted?
5. Tell me about an achievement in your personal or professional life?
6. After you graduate from ND, how would you like your cohort to remember you?
7. Which companies are you looking forward to working at after your MBA?
8. Tell me about an incident when you disagreed with your senior, how did you react?
9. Tell me about an initiative you took and what was the result.
10. Describe yourself in three words.
11. Last one was a case study question. 5 minutes time is given to come up with an 'approach' to the problem? This is common to ND interviews.

After the interview, ample time was given to ask questions to the interviewer. Interview time was about 40 minutes.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ssonesh wrote:
helencwq wrote:
I received mine earlier today via call with a email shortly after.

Congratulations on the admit.
Hi....could you kindly tell me that how long after the Kira assessment did you receive the interview call?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Has Mendoza started to roll out interview invites for R2 applicants? I can see people posting their interview debriefs, and I would like to know what Round you guys have applied in. I have completed the assessment and awaiting an interview invite. Is it worth to be hopeful or should I consider it a ding?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
saratsuman wrote:
Has Mendoza started to roll out interview invites for R2 applicants? I can see people posting their interview debriefs, and I would like to know what Round you guys have applied in. I have completed the assessment and awaiting an interview invite. Is it worth to be hopeful or should I consider it a ding?

I would be hopeful. It should be 4-6 weeks after you applied for most schools. Poets and Quants mentioned that applications are up 35% this year for Mendoza as well.

Most schools I think release you early if they don’t think you are the right “fit”.

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
Send PM
I'm planning to apply to Notre Dame MBA/MSBA. Does the school offer any scholarships to R3 international applicants?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
tadtoad wrote:
ajtmatch wrote:
Can one still expect interview invites or the decision has already been made? (applied in on the last day of R1)

I got an interview invite last night and was speechless cuz I had already given up hope.

I too submitted hours before the deadline. Weird thing is the only interview days available were in mid December. Since decision deadline is 13th December, I'm thinking it's either that I've been pushed to round two or decision date has been extended. The former is more likely.

So I guess an invite might still be possible.

Hey tadtoad,

I was wondering if you received a decision in R1 or are you still awaiting any notification.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
WE:Programming (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
roykabir772 Yes, I did sometime in December before the holidays. It was an admit but I've accepted another offer. Had to turn ND down.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
Just 15 days until the decision deadline and I haven't received an invite for interview. Is there anyone who's still awaiting the invite like I am?

Should I be expecting the invite anymore or should I give it up and consider it a ding?

I can only see a couple of people who updated their status on the decision tracker.

Please help.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
Just 15 days until the decision deadline and I haven't received an invite for interview. Is there anyone who's still awaiting the invite like I am?

Should I be expecting the invite anymore or should I give it up and consider it a ding?

I can only see a couple of people who updated their status on the decision tracker.

Please help.

[size=80][b][i]Posted from my mobile device[/i][/b][/size]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
Does anyone know if admissions will wait till the date to release all acceptances? I’m asking as for some schools I have gotten early notifications prior to the imposed deadline

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
GMATAlumni2019 wrote:
Does anyone know if admissions will wait till the date to release all acceptances? I’m asking as for some schools I have gotten early notifications prior to the imposed deadline

During round 1 they did not release any information before the day of their deadline. Some internationals did get phone calls the day/night before, but that is most likely just do to timezone stuff than anything.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
I just posted my interview debrief, wish you guys best of luck!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6919 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts