Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 07:39 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 670 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 670 [1]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Send PM
Re: Query regarding MGMAT Online Tests Access [#permalink]
Kudos
You can find a very helpful analysis of nee edition of mgmat books here

https://gmatclub.com/forum/manhattan-gm ... l#p2356871

In this page bb has provided detailed analysis of new book and also has included comparison with old version.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi anuragkumar08,

You might find it worthwhile to reach out to MGMAT's Customer Support Team and asking directly.

Since it sounds like you're just beginning your studies, then it would be a good idea to take a FULL-LENGTH practice CAT Test; you can take 2 for free at www.mba.com (and they come with some additional practice materials). If you want to do a little studying first, so that you can familiarize yourself with the basic content and question types, then that's okay - but you shouldn't wait too long to take that initial CAT. That score will give us a good sense of your natural strengths and weaknesses and will help provide a basis for comparison as you continue to study. A FULL CAT takes about 3.5 hours to complete, so make sure that you've set aside enough time to take it in one sitting. Once you have those scores, you should report back here and we can come up with a study plan.

I'd like to know a bit more about your timeline and goals:
1) What is your goal score?
2) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
3) When are you planning to apply to Business School?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi anuragkumar08,

You might find it worthwhile to reach out to MGMAT's Customer Support Team and asking directly.

Since it sounds like you're just beginning your studies, then it would be a good idea to take a FULL-LENGTH practice CAT Test; you can take 2 for free (and they come with some additional practice materials). If you want to do a little studying first, so that you can familiarize yourself with the basic content and question types, then that's okay - but you shouldn't wait too long to take that initial CAT. That score will give us a good sense of your natural strengths and weaknesses and will help provide a basis for comparison as you continue to study. A FULL CAT takes about 3.5 hours to complete, so make sure that you've set aside enough time to take it in one sitting. Once you have those scores, you should report back here and we can come up with a study plan.

I'd like to know a bit more about your timeline and goals:
1) What is your goal score?
2) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
3) When are you planning to apply to Business School?

Rich

Hi Rich,

Thanks for your reply. I shall definitely try contacting the Manhattan Prep Support team.

You made a good point about me taking my first CAT early on in the preparations. I had actually taken a Mock Test on the Economist website a few days back. Scored a 700 on it with a 51 in Quant. I am not exactly sure how accurate that mock is but seeing the posts here, it lacks in comparison with the OG Mocks or the MGMAT's and Veritas CAT's.

So, today I decided to go ahead with the Full Length CAT 1. To my surprise, I managed a 730 (51 Quant, 38 Verbal and 7 IR). I must however admit, I did struggle very much in my Verbal section and was even clueless in my approach to certain problems. I have identified SC and CR as my glaring weaknesses. I feel I am quite strong in Quant, but I do want to maximise my Quant score in the actual test so I will need to practice those 700+ problems that will boost my score from say a 48/49 to a 50/51.
Further analysis of my mock CAT on : Got 8/16 Data Sufficiency questions incorrect. Got 8/12 SC's incorrect. Got 3 CR questions incorrect as well. No mistakes in RC and just 1 in the Problem Solving one.

My Goal Score is 750. 700+ is a bare minimum I aspire to get as I am targeting one of the top 20 B-Schools in the US. ISB is another option but since I happen to be yet another average engineer in this overcrowded market, only a 720+ will suffice.

I am planning to write GMAT in mid/end June. That gives me about 3 months to prepare (I will need to take a 2 week break in March for some personal reasons).

Currently I am in my Pre-final year of college and have absolutely no work experience. Depending on my GMAT scores, I might try my luck with some deferred MBA programs like Yale's or the ISB YLP or even HBS 2+2. I am yet to make a comprehensive list of all such deferred MBA programs. I don't mind working for 2-3 odd years and applying later with work ex as well but I feel this is the correct time for me to write the GMAT since I have free time to prepare. Also, the scores being valid for 5 years is a huge plus point.

Hope I answered your question.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi anuragkumar08,

Assuming that you took these practice CATs under realistic testing conditions, then the results show that you're already a really strong overall critical thinker (the Average Score on the Official GMAT hovers around 550 most years, so you clearly have the ability to perform at a much higher level than that). You could potentially hit 750+ in a month, so you won't necessarily have to spend as much time on your studies as you have planned for (although it's great that you have given yourself that time).

From your analysis of your 2nd CAT performance, your immediate 'need' is making sure that you know the necessary grammar/idiom rules for SCs. If you're currently choosing SC answers based on how they "sound", then that could potentially cost you some significant points in the Verbal section.

Based on these initial Scores, I suggest that you study as you like for the next 2-3 weeks, then take a NEW, FULL-LENGTH CAT - and make sure to take it in a realistic fashion (take the FULL CAT - with the Essay and IR sections, take it away from your home, at the same time of day as when you'll take the Official GMAT, etc.). Once you have that score, you should report back here and we can discuss the results and how you might adjust your studies.

Rich
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22044 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi anuragkumar08,

730 with almost no prep is a fantastic start! Since you mentioned that you struggled with SC and CR, if you’d like some advice on how to improve in those topics, feel free to reach back out. You also may find it helpful to read the following article:

How to Score a 700+ on the GMAT — A Mini Guide for Success

Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot