Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:22 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
EMBA Programs Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: HERO, GUSVA, FPA, AFCPE, Four Block, S2S, WSP, WWP, NDIA, AFEI, AFCEA, IAVA, SCRA
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Current School: Michigan Ross
Concentration: Sustainability, Strategy
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
EMBA Programs Moderator
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: HERO, GUSVA, FPA, AFCPE, Four Block, S2S, WSP, WWP, NDIA, AFEI, AFCEA, IAVA, SCRA
Send PM
Re: Calling all Yale SOM Executive MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [#permalink]
jeometricals wrote:

"Though each student admitted must complete an interview, not receiving an invitation to interview now does not necessarily mean you will not ultimately be interviewed—and perhaps admitted—at some point in the application season"

Keep the hope up

Where did you get this?

Posted from my mobile device
EMBA Programs Moderator
Send PM
Naja wrote:
jeometricals wrote:

"Though each student admitted must complete an interview, not receiving an invitation to interview now does not necessarily mean you will not ultimately be interviewed—and perhaps admitted—at some point in the application season"

Keep the hope up

Where did you get this?

https://som.yale.edu/blog/message-from- ... hit-submit
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks man. I got my Booth invite today, still no Yale

EMBA Programs Moderator
Send PM
Naja wrote:
Thanks man. I got my Booth invite today, still no Yale

Congrats
Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Honestly I think I am out. But who knows.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yep still no invite for me or email or update online

EMBA Programs Moderator
Send PM
qwertyu0503 wrote:
Honestly I think I am out. But who knows.

I don't see any reason they don't send the denial letter if you are really out, unless they are still undecided
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I sent an inquiry email and admissions responded with:

"Thanks for your email. At this point, while we are continuing to evaluate applications for admission, we are unable to extend any additional interviews to those who applied in Round 2. We will be in touch with final admissions decisions by mid-March. If you have any questions in the meantime, please let us know."

And after another clarification email.

"It is true that an interview is required to be admitted but we will continue to consider candidates through the decision release date. We’ll be in touch with an update next month and appreciate your patience."

So, I'm still confused but I am also pretty sure that I am out.
EMBA Programs Moderator
Send PM
did anyone go for R2 interview today?

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
After you interview, do you know how long it takes to hear back for a final decision? Thanks
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
Naja thank you for doing the research on this and sharing it with us. That is definitely a riddle!

Those emails put together could definitely become a very challenging critical reasoning question on the GMAT.

When she says at this point I wonder if that means they are trying to flesh out how many people they are going to accept from the current interviews and if they end up rejecting some of them (or if candidate bows out) that will open up some possibilities?

My best guess... really don't have any idea their approach is very unusual.

Naja wrote:

"Thanks for your email. At this point, while we are continuing to evaluate applications for admission, we are unable to extend any additional interviews to those who applied in Round 2. We will be in touch with final admissions decisions by mid-March. If you have any questions in the meantime, please let us know."

"It is true that an interview is required to be admitted but we will continue to consider candidates through the decision release date. We’ll be in touch with an update next month and appreciate your patience."

EMBA Programs Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 103 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Naja thank you for doing the research on this and sharing it with us. That is definitely a riddle!

Those emails put together could definitely become a very challenging critical reasoning question on the GMAT.

When she says at this point I wonder if that means they are trying to flesh out how many people they are going to accept from the current interviews and if they end up rejecting some of them (or if candidate bows out) that will open up some possibilities?

My best guess... really don't have any idea their approach is very unusual.

Naja wrote:

Hello Naja, until you hear a hard no there is still a chance, so try not to sweat it too much. Just because you applied in round 2 doesn't mean you'll be interviewed in round 2. I know people applied in round 1 and were eventually waitlisted and interviewed in round 2. Maybe the same will happen with you and you'll be interviewed in round 3?

Stay positive and best of luck!
EMBA Programs Moderator
Send PM
JThom1 wrote:
After you interview, do you know how long it takes to hear back for a final decision? Thanks

According tho their website the results for R2 application should be released by March 12. Also, as I reached out to the admission staff today after my interviews they told me I should hear back from them within "Few Weeks".
But according to the comments from R1 applicants, we may expect it earlier than that; maybe in a week or two. Good luck to everyone who applied for R2
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
OK very embarrassing, mixed this up for the full-time Yale thread. Very relieved.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Can R2 folks briefly share their interview experience?
EMBA Programs Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
qwertyu0503 wrote:

The setup was apparently was similar to the first round. For Saturday session there were 20 applicants from all three areas of focus (seems there were 20 on Friday too) and divided into two groups of 10. The first group had their 1 hr group discussion and the second group had two 30 min discussion one with admission office staff and one with alumni. Then the two group switched.

Admission office interview: I was asked to start from the beginning, my college time and move on then in between she asked me questions during my story and ended up why typical MBA questions; Why MBA, Why now, Why Yale, etc. FYI, it's not a blind interview, the interviewer already reviewed my application package, essays, etc.

Alumni interview: Pretty conversational. Maybe he talked more than me during the conversation. Gave me a background about himself and his experience at Yale then asked me about my background and again asked why MBA and why Yale. But I feel he wanted to give me a very honest feedback whether and how Yale may help me to achieve my goals. It was more like a friendly conversation.

Group discussion: For me it was a little bit more challenging. They give you a few pages article about an issue and then want you to discuss about it in a group discussion. A program director was leading the conversation and an alumni (or student) was tracking applicants participation. My advice is try to get involve into the conversation before he asks you question, otherwise you may face with a question you're not sure how to deal with it. I think he tried to direct the conversation somehow where people with different background and area of expertise could participate in it somehow.

After the interviews we had lunch with other fellows and a faculty member from the same area of focus. Then we had an option to attend a class.

In general it was a nice experience. Nothing to worry about as long as you are sure why MBA, why now and why Yale.

Best of luck to everyone
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you so much! This is very helpful.
jeometricals wrote:
qwertyu0503 wrote:

The setup was apparently was similar to the first round. For Saturday session there were 20 applicants from all three areas of focus (seems there were 20 on Friday too) and divided into two groups of 10. The first group had their 1 hr group discussion and the second group had two 30 min discussion one with admission office staff and one with alumni. Then the two group switched.

Admission office interview: I was asked to start from the beginning, my college time and move on then in between she asked me questions during my story and ended up why typical MBA questions; Why MBA, Why now, Why Yale, etc. FYI, it's not a blind interview, the interviewer already reviewed my application package, essays, etc.

Alumni interview: Pretty conversational. Maybe he talked more than me during the conversation. Gave me a background about himself and his experience at Yale then asked me about my background and again asked why MBA and why Yale. But I feel he wanted to give me a very honest feedback whether and how Yale may help me to achieve my goals. It was more like a friendly conversation.

Group discussion: For me it was a little bit more challenging. They give you a few pages article about an issue and then want you to discuss about it in a group discussion. A program director was leading the conversation and an alumni (or student) was tracking applicants participation. My advice is try to get involve into the conversation before he asks you question, otherwise you may face with a question you're not sure how to deal with it. I think he tried to direct the conversation somehow where people with different background and area of expertise could participate in it somehow.

After the interviews we had lunch with other fellows and a faculty member from the same area of focus. Then we had an option to attend a class.

In general it was a nice experience. Nothing to worry about as long as you are sure why MBA, why now and why Yale.

Best of luck to everyone
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts