Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:53 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 93
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V40
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1288 [0]
Given Kudos: 95
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 590 Q46 V25
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V34
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022 [#permalink]
!! URGENT QUERY !!

Hi! On the Application Portal > Referees, this is what is mentioned:

The deadline of submission of referee report will be 14 days from the date of email notification.

I shared the referee details 3 weeks ago but just found out that they didn't receive any emails. I clicked on 'send email to referee' today and my referee received it. He mentioned that the email says 'The deadline for submission is 13th February after which the link will expire'. I just want to confirm that this means he can submit his recommendation over the next 2 weeks, and that he doesn't have to submit it by January 31st, which is the deadline for R1.

Please help!
Director
Director
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022 [#permalink]
[quote="Resh16"]!! [b]URGENT QUERY[/b] !!

Hi! On the [b]Application Portal > Referees[/b], this is what is mentioned:

[b]The deadline of submission of referee report will be 14 days from the date of email notification.
[/b]

I shared the referee details 3 weeks ago but just found out that they didn't receive any emails. I clicked on 'send email to referee' today and my referee received it. He mentioned that the email says 'The deadline for submission is 13th February after which the link will expire'. I just want to confirm that this means he can submit his recommendation over the next 2 weeks, and that he doesn't have to submit it by January 31st, which is the deadline for R1.

Please help![/quote]

He can submit within two weeks, but your app will be considered for R2. NUS has clearly mentioned that referee reports need to submitted within that particular to consider your app complete.

Hope that helps.

[size=80][b][i]Posted from my mobile device[/i][/b][/size]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
Schools: ISB '23 (I)
GPA: 4
Send PM
I have submitted my application on 23rd Jan, 2020. I haven't heard anything from the NUS. When can I expect to get any mail?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
Send PM
Same boat. Submitted my application on 26th Jan, haven't heard anything back from them. My application status shows N.A . Does this mean my application is not yet read?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I'm facing a strange issue with my application.

In my application portal, although all the the documents show up in the 'documents uploaded' section, the 'checklist' shows everything as incomplete except for the recommendations.

I've written to NUS about this and am waiting to hear back. Anyone else facing this issue?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 610 Q49 V23
GMAT 2: 640 Q51 V24
GPA: 3.13
Send PM
Resh16 wrote:

In my application portal, although all the the documents show up in the 'documents uploaded' section, the 'checklist' shows everything as incomplete except for the recommendations.

I've written to NUS about this and am waiting to hear back. Anyone else facing this issue?

After admission team has verified your documents, they will manually update the document status. Mine took around 2 days.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [2]
Given Kudos: 54
Schools: ISB '23 (I)
Send PM
Kudos
Resh16 wrote:

I am facing the same issue. I have written to NUS and have got the below reply.

"Thanks for your email.

Due to the high volume of applications, please give us more time to get to your application. The system does not tick off the check list automatically (except for referee reports) so our Admissions colleague would have to manually validate your documents when we see that what is uploaded is indeed the document(s) we require.
"
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Awesome thanks! Just spoke to them and they clarified the same on

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
Hi everyone, I had a question on the student accomodation in the NUS MBA program.

There is a page on the NUS site that talks about program expenses. The accomodation part is divided into multiple categories such as Public/private apartments and subcategories within them as well.

Does this mean that NUS MBA students have to arrange for accomodation outside campus?

Director
Director
Send PM
dymihir wrote:
Hi everyone, I had a question on the student accomodation in the NUS MBA program.

There is a page on the NUS site that talks about program expenses. The accomodation part is divided into multiple categories such as Public/private apartments and subcategories within them as well.

Does this mean that NUS MBA students have to arrange for accomodation outside campus?

It is just an option. You can choose to stay on campus or outside campus.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 400
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V33
Send PM
Wait listed folks : Any change in status? Any emails?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [1]
Send PM
Hi! How many days after submitting the application can one typically expect to hear back from NUS?

Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1288 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Resh16 wrote:
Hi! How many days after submitting the application can one typically expect to hear back from NUS?

Usually around 2-3 weeks. But it may take longer for Indian applicants.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 660 Q51 V28
Send PM
Chethan92 wrote:
Resh16 wrote:

Hi,
I've submitted the application on 29th Jan, still showing NA at admission status
It's been around 3 weeks already
Is there anything I can do?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1288 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
JoyBoy wrote:
Chethan92 wrote:
Resh16 wrote:

Hi,
I've submitted the application on 29th Jan, still showing NA at admission status
It's been around 3 weeks already
Is there anything I can do?

We just have to wait. I'm in the same boat. NUS may have tightened the admission process at its ranking went up.
Director
Director
Send PM
ashita5678 wrote:
Hi,
I am planning to apply for NUS in R2. I scored a GMAT 660 (q50, v30, AWA 5.5, IR 6).
I have full-time work experience of 4 years in the marketing and branding industry.

I am a Mathematics (H) from Delhi University along with internship experience with Bloomberg and AIESEC, and a Diploma in French from Delhi University.
I also hold a Post Graduate Diploma in International Marketing from Delhi University, during which I was the project head for a leading startup in ed-tech and editor-in-chief for the college annual magazine, and won a debate competition.

Post that I have been working as a Consultant with various organizations in the branding department working closely with international teams and reporting to managers outside India.
My achievements include successful campaign ideation and implementation, adoption and appreciation of my ideas at a global level and directly working with global directors and sr. directors.

In my extra time, I paint and write. For activities, I do boxing and yoga and meditation. In addition to that, I am part of an international organization that's working towards a more sustainable future.

I have managed teams being a consultant, developed and executed nation-wide internship programs, took initiatives at my office and delivered single-handedly and worked on some interesting projects.

This is the best I could think and write about myself.

I KNOW THISISN'T THE RIGHT PLATFORM BUT I REALLY NEED SOMEONE TO TELL ME IF THIS WILL WORK OUT FOR ME.

This forum is only NUS admission related queries. As you have already posted in NUS profile evaluation page, I'll delete this.
Director
Director
Send PM
Did anybody receive any updates on their application status?

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  18   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts