Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 20:11 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 20:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V32
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 76 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
Re: Kellogg vs. Booth PT [#permalink]
I think you should be invited for an interview, a friend with a GMAT slightly below average and incredibly low undergrad GPA was called for an interview at Booth, so I think you stand a good chance.

Posted from my mobile device
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
johnjohn and OP - I did not mention this earlier but the GMAT you need to get greatly depends upon the competition from your applicant profile; so if there are a ton of white bankers applying to Booth PT, this will have upwards pressure on the GMAT needed. If you are URM, the reverse. So keep in mind we always need to think in comparative terms not absolute. 650 is great for a diverse URM applicant, as long as the math is solid. For Indian IT applicants, this will probably not get the job done.

JohnJohnJ wrote:
I think you should be invited for an interview, a friend with a GMAT slightly below average and incredibly low undergrad GPA was called for an interview at Booth, so I think you stand a good chance.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Booth would only tell me that my score is competitive with the middle 80% of students. Kellogg was even less helpful, saying they recommend applicants shoot for the high 600s. I am trying to determine if I need to take the exam again or if I should roll the dice and submit the applications.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 43
GPA: 3.46
Send PM
Kudos
I am in my first quarter of pt MBA at Kellogg and am taking a Marketing elective live class with the full-time students at Evanston hub!also Kellogg let me waive off a lot of core courses as I had already taken them before (undergrad/certification etc.) -- not sure if booth waives core courses

Also my kellogg cohort is super diverse!! accountants, consultants, healthcare, finance, marketing etc. as an engineering background person i love this diverse cohort!

Also the amount of folks who got into tech roles is also amazing at Kellogg -- everyone is nice and people reply to your messages in LinkedIn --
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Thank you for posting this! Do you mean tech jobs for part timers completing the program, or? Very happy you are feeling welcome and happy at Kellogg. Are you doing regular or accelerated? Last question- what % if the class is from outside Chicagoland area? One of my clients moved from Texas bc he could work remotely and I imagine that is more and more the case, also increasing geographic diversity Congratulations. Go Wildcats !

kvsinus wrote:
I am in my first quarter of pt MBA at Kellogg and am taking a Marketing elective live class with the full-time students at Evanston hub!also Kellogg let me waive off a lot of core courses as I had already taken them before (undergrad/certification etc.) -- not sure if booth waives core courses

Also my kellogg cohort is super diverse!! accountants, consultants, healthcare, finance, marketing etc. as an engineering background person i love this diverse cohort!

Also the amount of folks who got into tech roles is also amazing at Kellogg -- everyone is nice and people reply to your messages in LinkedIn --

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 43
GPA: 3.46
Send PM
Kellogg vs. Booth PT [#permalink]
Kudos
Thanks!!
yes I see a lot of part-timers switching to tech and consulting from engineering roles (at least that was what i was looking into as i am from engineering background)
some switch even during the program (after 1 year of starting i mean) --
there are about 30% of students in my cohort are funded by the company so they are not really looking to switch

I am in accelerated program and waived off some core courses

Yes, i commute from New york and take Friday/Saturday classes -- but the percentage of evening vs weekend is definitely skewed towards evening in my cohort of 70 -- about 55 evening - 10-15 weekend -- and even within the 10-15 about half are planning to shift to Chicago soon! but yeah across the program -- there are definitely folks commuting from Seattle, texas, NY etc.
GMAT Club Bot
Kellogg vs. Booth PT [#permalink]