Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 00:16 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 00:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 133
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V35
GPA: 4
WE:Account Management (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 512 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Leadership, Operations
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V29
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Admission for MBA in Germany [#permalink]
Hi ajinkyaghodchore ..
The schools you mentioned are the best in Germany. As chaitanya1317 suggested, your GMAT is not up to the mark, you should re-attempt to score in a range from 670 to 700. Kindly take care that most of these schools has a very small class size and competition will be tough. I have few questions for you:
1. What makes you interested in German MBA programs?
2. What other programs you are considering?
3. Do you know German?
4. Why you want to do MBA?
5. What are your short and long term goals?

ajinkyaghodchore wrote:
How are the MBA Programs in Germany from WHU Otto, HHL Leipzig, Mannheim Business School and ESMT?
Also, what are my chances of getting into it?
Profile -
GMAT - 600
GPA - 1.48
Work Experience - 2.5 years as Business Analyst ( For Consultancy and Product firm)
Educational Background - B.Tech (Production Engineering)
Country - India
Current Student
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V27
GMAT 2: 670 Q49 V31
Send PM
Hello everyone,

I am seeking advice if my profile is suitable for German MBA programs. Mainly, i'm looking to apply for Mannheim and WHU Full-time MBA programs.

Background, Nationality: 32 years Male, Indian

Undergrad info: B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering from NIT Kurukshetra (CGPA: 9.16/10). I was member of Placement Advisory Committee in the college.

GMAT: 670 (Q49, V31, IR7, AWA5)

Work Experience:
- Associated with Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) since Jun'10, Total WE:10+ years
- Currently working in the role of Manager in Powertrain integration and development in R&D division
- Diverse experience in the areas of Project Management, Resource & Budget Planning, Regulatory study, New Product Development, Calibration
- Winner of ACES 2016-17 - MSIL's top award presented to Top 12 employees in a year - I was one of the two employees in whole R&D (1800+ people) to get the award

Post-MBA goals:
- Short-term: To move into Business Strategy roles in Mid-Senior management preferably in Automotive or related field (Catalysts, Oil, Technological service provider etc.)
- Long term (5+ years Post-MBA): To get into a C-suite role

Please also advise if there are any other schools which i can target.
ESMT Berlin School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 448 [2]
Given Kudos: 104
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V25
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V32
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Hi HimanshuDinodia,

Glad you reached out!

You do have a decent profile with some great work exp of 10 yrs to showcase the impact in your organisation.

Furthermore, your target industries are in line with your current work exp - a trait that future potential organisations distinctly favour!
Germany is blessed with some niche companies in the automotive and supply-chain industries that further align your both short and long term goals.

Additionally, a GMAT score of 670 puts you in the sweet spot - given you apply by R1 and R2 deadlines since these elite B-schools need to maintain the diversity factor with a cohort of about 50-60 students.

Thus, apart from Mannheim and WHU, I would recommend ESMT Berlin, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management and HHL Leipzig.
You can also explore TU Munich, but it has a MiM program, not an MBA.

Check out these links for further insights -

All the best! :)
Current Student
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V27
GMAT 2: 670 Q49 V31
Send PM
Thanks XyLan for a prompt reply.

I have a few more queries.

1. I understand that Mannheim has a locational advantage (in terms of career prospects) as compared to WHU. Is that correct?

2. Is it strongly advisable to apply as early as possible considering that my WE is slightly on higher side?

3. Will it still make sense for me to take a chance at Said/Judge with current GMAT score?
ESMT Berlin School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 448 [0]
Given Kudos: 104
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V25
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V32
Send PM
HimanshuDinodia,

Let's address all your queries -
    1. I understand that Mannheim has a locational advantage (in terms of career prospects) as compared to WHU. Is that correct?
      Both these schools are on par with each other.
      Hence, the answer is both Yes and No - it all boils down to your target industries once you graduate.

Thus, to take a holistic call, I would suggest connecting with current students through LinkedIn, student services and ambassadors of these universities to understand the career fairs, workshops and target organisations.

You can also download the MBA Brochure to gain insights on designations, industries and RoI( a paramount factor! ).

2. Is it strongly advisable to apply as early as possible considering that my WE is slightly on higher side?
      Absolutely - I cannot emphasis it enough: The sooner you apply, the better are not only the admit chances but also the value of scholarship awarded.
      Thus, apply early and champion the admits - Have the options in your hands to choose the B-schools!

3. Will it still make sense for me to take a chance at Said/Judge with current GMAT score?
      Yes - Even though your GMAT score is 20 points less than the average of Said/Judge, you have an added advantage of 10+ yrs of experience.
      GMAT is a vital factor, but not the ONLY decisive factor: The average MBA work exp is 7-8 yrs at Said/Judge.

Furthermore, the AdComs look at your profile holistically, reaming factors such as Work Exp, Academics, GMAT, Work Impact, extra-curricular, volunteering activities, short term and long term goals, international experience, Team-size, etc.

Check out this Said vs Judge discussion.

I am sure you will have your queries once you start the application process, so feel free to reach out. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [3]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Kudos
Good work XyLan If anyone has any questions about MBA in Germany..feel free to approach me. I am an ex student and have a good network around top b schools in Germany and Europe

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72862 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived WHU MBA Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our WHU MBA Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated WHU MBA Forum for all fresh things related to the WHU MBA MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts