Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 21:05 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 21:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel

Cornell or NYU?

You may select 1 option
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 512 [1]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Leadership, Operations
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V29
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72861 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
Send PM
Re: Cornell Johnson Vs NYU Stern full time MBA (For Indian Citizen) [#permalink]
I will also suggest to get in touch with the alumni of both the schools. They will have a better experience and can tell whether there is something which these schools provide in terms of what you want to get out of MBA.
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GRE 1: Q168 V157
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Cornell Johnson Vs NYU Stern full time MBA (For Indian Citizen) [#permalink]
Kudos
Thanks for the ping BB. I'll try to address each of your points individually, but to preface my responses, I am not an international student and may not be acquainted with some of the additional recruiting nuances.

- (Not sure if its true but) Cornell might have a better tech oriented program compared to NYU, which is Fin heavy

This depends on what your definition of what a better tech oriented program is. Cornell does have a dedicated tech campus on Roosevelt Island, and I believe you'll be able to spend a semester there during your second year. However, I don't think that this will have much of an impact on recruiting since it's during your second year, and is more of a "personal development" option in my eyes.

There are plenty of FinTech opportunities that I see my classmates head into - ranging from startup roles to more established companies. 3-6% of the class each year take product roles as well, although I'm sure these are not all contained within FinTech. I can't speak to the breakdown at Cornell since they don't specify functions within tech.

- While, NYU has an advantage of its prime location

I agree here, but I think one of the greatest benefits is the accessibility that living the in the city provides. You won't have to make up Thursday classes and you won't spend 8 hours a week on a bus. The downside to all of this is that you'll likely have to interface more with employers, reach out for additional coffee chats etc.

- But, at Cornell I would be able to be a part of a more tight knit community

Once again, it depends on what type of experience you're looking for. I would fully expect that at Cornell, by nature of it's location and class size, you'll get to know your classmates better. At Stern, you have more optionality between spending time with your cohort or enjoying the city (or both!)
GMAT Club Bot
Cornell Johnson Vs NYU Stern full time MBA (For Indian Citizen) [#permalink]
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1132 posts