Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:13 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.34
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants! [#permalink]
NYCMBA2010 wrote:
LOM19010 wrote:
anyone heard from NYU yet?

Nada for me.

Posted from my mobile device

I was lucky enough to get an interview! I got an email on Jan 28th.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Looks like we should hear about the fellowship by 3/20. Does that mean we will know if we're into schools with deadlines past 3/20? Thinking about McCombs here.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I just dont see how it'd be possible for Consortium to do a draft if schools havent notified all applicants
Current Student
Send PM
Haven't heard from UVA, NYU, OR UCLA for Consortium applications
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GRE 1: Q156 V160
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
FinalCountdown321 wrote:

I heard from Darden in January. Nothing from Johnson or NYU

Intern
Intern
Send PM
ForHire2020 wrote:
FinalCountdown321 wrote:

Checked Johnson portal today and it changed to “schedule interview”. I’m expecting that an email will follow shortly.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
Send PM
NYCMBA2010 wrote:
ForHire2020 wrote:
FinalCountdown321 wrote:

Checked Johnson portal today and it changed to “schedule interview”. I’m expecting that an email will follow shortly.

I was admitted to Johnson earlier this month. The interview was pretty structured, but one thing that really caught me off guard were preparing for "what if your current plan does not work" what happens then, back up then another back up and how you plan to be flexible.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
renz392 wrote:

I was admitted to Johnson earlier this month. The interview was pretty structured, but one thing that really caught me off guard were preparing for "what if your current plan does not work" what happens then, back up then another back up and how you plan to be flexible.

Thanks for sharing this! Will definitely make sure I prepare for this question.

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.34
Send PM
uh just got waitlisted by Stern without an interview even. I'm assuming this is a bad sign?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
LOM19010 wrote:
uh just got waitlisted by Stern without an interview even. I'm assuming this is a bad sign?

I didnt know Stern did that (waitlist without interview). Did you apply Round 1 or 2 through the Consortium?
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
MBAerH0 wrote:
Chekhov wrote:
MBAerH0 wrote:

How do you know Yale Consortium candidates had to interview by 2/21? Does it say in an email?

Yes, in the interview invite email.

I have to clarify because I'm still waiting on SOM. Would you be able to share the wording of the email? This is the first I've heard of there being any sort of cutoff shared for SOM interviews.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V51
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
LOM19010 wrote:

This happened to me R1. I think they're trying to determine fit, so if you applied to like 5 Consortium schools and also didn't visit despite being in the northeast, they seem less likely to bite.

bmh08005 wrote:

I have to clarify because I'm still waiting on SOM. Would you be able to share the wording of the email? This is the first I've heard of there being any sort of cutoff shared for SOM interviews.

This was not the case for R1. There was a date that was recommended for Consortium applicants but it definitely wasn't a hard cutoff. I interviewed a week later.

From my email:

"Thank you again for your application to the Yale School of Management through the Consortium. We are impressed by your accomplishments and potential and are writing to invite you to campus to interview.

At your earliest convenience, log into your status page to schedule an on-campus interview. We encourage you to interview on [date], if possible, as there will be Consortium-specific programming held the evening before this interview day. More details will follow for candidates who are scheduled for [date]. In addition to your interview, the day will include a full range of activities, such as tours of Evans Hall and Yale University, a faculty experience, interactions with current students and clubs, and a closing reception (the receptions are hosted only on Friday campus interview days). The dress for the day is business attire.

If you are unable to visit New Haven on any of the available dates, complete this form or contact the Admissions Office and we may be able to offer other options to interview on-campus on other days, via video link, or in select cities around the world including Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taipei, Delhi, Mumbai, Seoul, Tokyo, London, Dubai, Nairobi, Accra, Sao Paulo, Mexico City, Vancouver, Bogota, San Francisco, and Los Angeles."
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
int202 wrote:

bmh08005 wrote:

This was not the case for R1. There was a date that was recommended for Consortium applicants but it definitely wasn't a hard cutoff. I interviewed a week later.

From my email:

"Thank you again for your application to the Yale School of Management through the Consortium. We are impressed by your accomplishments and potential and are writing to invite you to campus to interview.

At your earliest convenience, log into your status page to schedule an on-campus interview. We encourage you to interview on [date], if possible, as there will be Consortium-specific programming held the evening before this interview day. More details will follow for candidates who are scheduled for [date]. In addition to your interview, the day will include a full range of activities, such as tours of Evans Hall and Yale University, a faculty experience, interactions with current students and clubs, and a closing reception (the receptions are hosted only on Friday campus interview days). The dress for the day is business attire.

If you are unable to visit New Haven on any of the available dates, complete this form or contact the Admissions Office and we may be able to offer other options to interview on-campus on other days, via video link, or in select cities around the world including Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taipei, Delhi, Mumbai, Seoul, Tokyo, London, Dubai, Nairobi, Accra, Sao Paulo, Mexico City, Vancouver, Bogota, San Francisco, and Los Angeles."

Thank you! Also did your email go to your spam folder and was it sent from a Yale email address and not an auto-generated inbox? I ask because I had issues with my interview invite from another school.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 620 Q44 V31
Send PM
Is anyone else still waiting on an interview invite from Yale? I see there have been several updates on clear admit regarding rejections. I haven’t received an interview invite, but my application portal says that I am still under review.

I did get an “Advice for round 3 applicants” from Yale this morning. Could that mean I might have made the waitlist?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Thunderfan00 wrote:
Is anyone else still waiting on an interview invite from Yale? I see there have been several updates on clear admit regarding rejections. I haven’t received an interview invite, but my application portal says that I am still under review.

I did get an “Advice for round 3 applicants” from Yale this morning. Could that mean I might have made the waitlist?

I’m not sure about how many invites are left, but I got that email too and I didn’t even apply to Yale, so I wouldn’t look too much into the email.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
How does Haas have a decision release date of 3/26, if Consortium does its draft of fellowships around a week before (3/20)?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V51
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
MBAerH0 wrote:
How does Haas have a decision release date of 3/26, if Consortium does its draft of fellowships around a week before (3/20)?

According to R2 applicants from last year I talked to, if you get into a school with a later decision release than the draft, they will call you on or before 3/20.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  19   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts