Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:46 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 195
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1321 [0]
Given Kudos: 143
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 3: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 4: 710 Q49 V38 (Online)
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [1]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
dabaobao wrote:

Ability to use multiple source filters in Error Log

bb

Not sure whether I've requested something like this before. I am redoing the questions from various official sources. I do the questions, which have an attempt data that is at least a few months back from today, in reverse order, starting with the oldest attempt date. Currently, one can just use one source filter and difficulty in error log.

Let's say I want to do re-do questions from all official sources such as GMAT Prep, OG and GMAT Paper Tests starting from the questions, that were done at least a year back, with the oldest attempt date, then I'll have to choose one source at a time. I would prefer to see all questions from the multiple sources that I select, so that one don't need to change filter for source. That way, I could have one sorted list of questions from various sources.

New search in forum can already use multiple sources and difficulty tags. It would really helpful if that similar search features could be extended to the error log search.

Thanks!

Hey dabaobao ,

Thank you for your suggestion. Since Error Log is my child, I would like to chime in here. I feel our end goal should be to provide an amazing and ease to use customer experience. Having said that, I would like to have as simple features as we can. However, we do have this feature within the excel sheet. So, if you just download the excel sheet, you can use the inbuilt features of excel to filter out the questions based on your requirement.

Finally, your point is still in my radar and I will see how can we make it more usable. Once again, thank you for your suggestion. Good luck!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1022 [0]
Given Kudos: 134
Send PM
Hi, BB/Bunuel/All moderators/experts,

It's my humble request to all moderators or experts to post the official explanation/their own explanation(at least after 2-3 weeks) to the question they post in the forum. For example, while solving the following question, I could not came across the OE, though the question was posted by one of senior moderator more than one month ago.

Investing in fishing-boats could be very profitable at this time. A survey made by "Hook, Line and Sinker" magazine shows that 75 percent of the magazine's readers want to buy a new fishing-boat during the summer. However, fishing-boat manufacturers can only produce enough boats to satisfy 30% of total potential buyers.

Which of the following, if true, reveals a weakness in the evidence cited above?

A The fishing-boat industry is a highly labor-intensive business.

B Fishing-boats are not evenly distributed across the country.

C The number of fishermen who buy fishing-boats has been growing each year for the past six years.

D Readers of "Hook, Line and Sinker" magazine are more likely than other consumers to want a fishing-boat.

E "Hook, Line and Sinker" magazine includes both articles about fishing and articles about building fishing-boats.

Similarly, I have seen many questions whose explanation are not up to the mark or does not have explanations of moderators or experts or OE. Even after requesting to the moderators or experts regarding query related to those questions, in such cases, people in the forum are not getting the answers.

I've seen OE for almost all questions posted by bunuel or comprehensive explanation by generis, and such self explanatory solutions resolves all doubts.

Hope, such suggestions are welcomed and all moderators/experts (even GMATclub members, if possible) post the OE after sometime (2-4 weeks).

Regards,
Raxit.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 195
Send PM
itoyj wrote:
Hello
This is suggestione especially for experts posting "Bumping for discussion" on questions(eg. @Bunuel).
There are many people who follow experts as well and people are notified about experts activity.
I sincerely understand this is done to bring that question up for discussion, but the purpose is lost as many people use GMAT application and application has limitation on number of notifications, so till the time a person understand one question and wants to start a discussion misses a lot of questions and if a person tries to catch up with all question will miss doing the question.
I request to bring certain number of questions up for discussion every hour so that one can practice them and get the most out the forum.

Posted from my mobile device

bb Bunuel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 111
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.24
Send PM
So I have off late started practicing RC and have found this key thing missing. Whenever there is a passage, we should also include the average time to solve it, for example, a long and difficult passage should require xyz minutes and so on for medium and easy passages. I know the standard time for every RC passage is like 7-8 mins but when a student is practicing they should know the deadline of the time and likewise when we review the passage at a later moment, this same feature will help to work on timings on RC.
Just a footnote on every passage that the time line for the particular passage to practice should not exceed blah blah minutes
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 1962
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V28
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Guys just need a quick thought,

I have just found out that on GC we can send a PM to ourself, is this a bug or there is some kind of hidden use of this feature
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1586 [1]
Given Kudos: 579
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GPA: 3.35
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
HI bb

Can we not make just like chat bar view in the below post. This is just my opinion

Attachment:
File comment: Right side bar feed
Post.jpg
Post.jpg [ 214.95 KiB | Viewed 1561 times ]

Chat feed looks better than the post feed just a thought.

Attachment:
File comment: Chat Feed
Chat.jpg
Chat.jpg [ 157.02 KiB | Viewed 1542 times ]
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [1]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Great idea! Thank you for the suggestion.... and I agree!

I will be chatting with the developers and will find out tomorrow if this can done quickly.

Thx.

Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1586 [0]
Send PM
WOW bb, you are so quick :-)
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thanks! What do you think about these versions? Or would you prefer the chat version?

Thanks!
BB

Version 1:

Version 2:

Version 3:
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1586 [0]
Send PM
bb wrote:
Thanks! What do you think about these versions? Or would you prefer the chat version?

Thanks!
BB

Version 1:

Version 2:

Version 3:

HI bb,

I will go with Version 3: Looks good for me :-)
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 991 [1]
Given Kudos: 421
GMAT 1: 600 Q46 V27
Send PM
Kudos
Can we remove the big banner that reads "GMAT Club Live" from the home page? I understand why it is there on the home page but my colleagues have been able to read it very easily :lol: Just a suggestion though. May be we can just reduce the size or something.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1321 [2]
Send PM
Kudos

Ability to Paste Screenshot

Currently, we don't have the ability to paste a screenshot directly (Ctrl + V). As a workaround, one is required to take a screenshot and then upload it. It would be great if we could directly paste screenshots and photos, a feature similar to the one on GitHub.

bb
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
TheNightKing wrote:
Can we remove the big banner that reads "GMAT Club Live" from the home page? I understand why it is there on the home page but my colleagues have been able to read it very easily :lol: Just a suggestion though. May be we can just reduce the size or something.

LOL. Love it. Ha ha. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Thank you for the suggestion. This may be a tough one but I don’t see a reason we can’t explore it! What pictures are you posting? Or rather for what purpose? Solutions?

dabaobao wrote:

Currently, we don't have the ability to paste a screenshot directly (Ctrl + V). As a workaround, one is required to take a screenshot and then upload it. It would be great if we could directly paste screenshots and photos, a feature similar to the one on GitHub.

bb

CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1813 [0]
Given Kudos: 763
WE:Sales (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
TheNightKing
:lol: :lol:
Understandable.. There are few weirdos who always sneak around in the office. That's there job :tongue_opt2
Quote:

While posting a solution if I try to attach an screenshot it's cumbersome to upload then to place it inline.
At times i have found myself trying to input MS Word shortcuts only to realize that its a webpage. So engrossed i am .... :grin:
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 991 [0]
Given Kudos: 421
GMAT 1: 600 Q46 V27
Send PM
Quote:
LOL. Love it. Ha ha. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please help me!!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1321 [0]
Send PM
bb wrote:
Thank you for the suggestion. This may be a tough one but I don’t see a reason we can’t explore it! What pictures are you posting? Or rather for what purpose? Solutions?

dabaobao wrote:

bb

Could be anything: Solutions for Geometry or Word Problems, Diagrams, Screenshot of bugs or anything that's easier to explain by posting photos rather than writing explanations.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  33   34   35   36   37   38   39  ...  44