Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:58 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel

HEC Paris vs INSEAD

You may select 1 option
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: LBS '22 (A)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72879 [1]
Given Kudos: 18866
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: LBS '22 (A)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72879 [2]
Given Kudos: 18866
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: HEC Paris ($) vs INSEAD (-)? [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
CharlieBrown22 wrote:
Thank you for your reply bb.

- I speak very basic French.
- I would like to be working in Europe, but probably not France due to lack of French. Specifically, I think it would be Belgium, the Netherlands, or the UK.
- Other than COVID-19 and cost comparisons, I don't have major impediments to picking INSEAD.

Got it. You will probably have to beef French up just to make do on a day to day basis and make it more enjoyable but not something to do per se in the long term.

I guess the other main difference would be an internship - perhaps Microsoft EU office or Google EU - I am guessing with fewer highly-ranked business schools in Europe, there may be more opportunities or chances for those opportunities - I would be very curious to ask the HEC students about how the internship recruiting works and if there is on-campus recruiting or you have to network ... while the current students won't tell you about how many people converted or how hard/easy it is to convert internships (it is usually hard) they can at least tell you about what options are presented on campus (and you should expect to pain a rosier picture - it always is that way but I would probably try to find someone who is American and perhaps expect they will open up about challenges and reality of the MBA - it is stressful and there is failure involved, and it can bet uncomfortable.)

Good luck with your decision!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: HEC Paris ($) vs INSEAD (-)? [#permalink]
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts