Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 13:49 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [3]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake ! [#permalink]
Linckon wrote:
hyrdra123456879 wrote:
I got an interview invite just now! Very excited!

Congrats! What is your nationality?

Posted from my mobile device

Canadian
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
hyrdra123456879 wrote:
Linckon wrote:
hyrdra123456879 wrote:
I got an interview invite just now! Very excited!

Congrats! What is your nationality?

Canadian

How does the interview booking process work? Do they just give you some dates for the next couple of weeks?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Given Kudos: 132
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28 (Online)
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.23
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Hi ks347,

Is not a "booking" process, maybe now that are carried online because of covid differs but should be that they provide you the contact of your alumni interviewers and you work out a date and time with them.

Regards,
Pablo

ks347 wrote:

How does the interview booking process work? Do they just give you some dates for the next couple of weeks?
ARLee Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions and Career Coaching by INSEAD alum and former Samsung HR Head.
Affiliations: INSEAD MBA'11D (experience as admissions interviewer), SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS
Own Kudos [?]: 191 [0]
Read our Verified Client Reviews on GMAT Club:
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi ks347,

I just wanted to confirm that what Pablo (@pabpinor) has mentioned still applies even in this COVID-19 situation, and that the only difference is that now interviews are conducted online (e.g. via Skype).

Basically, a few days after receiving your interview invitation, you'll be given the names and contact info of two alumni, and a deadline to complete both interviews. It is your responsibility to reach out to both of them and arrange an interview before the deadline. Please, keep in mind that both alumni are volunteers and do this as a way to give back to the school, i.e. it's not their job, therefore it is common that they don't reply immediately to you and that they prefer scheduling the interviews closer to the deadline. But in any case, the date of your interview has no impact on the school's final decision.

I hope this helps and good luck!

Warm regards
Alex
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Hi, anyone from Europe already received an invitation? Not me and starting to get concerned I might be kicked out...

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
GPA: 2.8
Send PM
underwood28 wrote:
Hi, anyone from Europe already received an invitation? Not me and starting to get concerned I might be kicked out...

I'm also from Europe and waiting on an answer. It's nerve-wracking right?? But we have 10 more days.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Gilborg wrote:
underwood28 wrote:

I'm also from Europe and waiting on an answer. It's nerve-wracking right?? But we have 10 more days.

Absolutely, although I though most interview invitations were sent ~10 days before deadline, but I guess we will just have to wait until the end... let’s see!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
ARLeeConsulting wrote:
Hi ks347,

I just wanted to confirm that what Pablo (@pabpinor) has mentioned still applies even in this COVID-19 situation, and that the only difference is that now interviews are conducted online (e.g. via Skype).

Basically, a few days after receiving your interview invitation, you'll be given the names and contact info of two alumni, and a deadline to complete both interviews. It is your responsibility to reach out to both of them and arrange an interview before the deadline. Please, keep in mind that both alumni are volunteers and do this as a way to give back to the school, i.e. it's not their job, therefore it is common that they don't reply immediately to you and that they prefer scheduling the interviews closer to the deadline. But in any case, the date of your interview has no impact on the school's final decision.

I hope this helps and good luck!

Warm regards
Alex

What is the deadline to complete interviews usually? A couple of weeks?
ARLee Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions and Career Coaching by INSEAD alum and former Samsung HR Head.
Affiliations: INSEAD MBA'11D (experience as admissions interviewer), SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS
Own Kudos [?]: 191 [0]
Read our Verified Client Reviews on GMAT Club:
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi ks347,

the deadline to complete interviews is typically around 3-4 weeks.

Warm regards
Alex
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
You will be invited to apply to scholarships once you have been shortlisted for an interview ks347

ks347 wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Hi everyone, how are you doing on that Round 2 INSEAD application? 6 weeks left on the clock and there is a lot to get done, so please secure all your resources - in terms of time, energy, recommenders, application readers.

If you are taking a wait and see approach because of Covid-19, I would encourage you to confidently move forward.

Even though things look bad in France at the moment, I am VERY confident it will be sorted out by January, based on the decline we are finally seeing in Italy, and also, Macron's legislation to make sure people are financially able to quarantine.

R3 has some scholarships available but R2 has so many more, so I urge you to take action on your application right now if you haven't already.

How does the scholarship process work with INSEAD? Is it similar to US schools - you get offered a merit scholarship along with your acceptance?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
MBAPrepCoach yesterday INSEAD hold a conference where they said they offer 30% equally in R1, R2 & R3 and only 10% in R4, I have read that also on their site, how is that there ara so many more on R2 than R3?

I understand that is like that for other schools, but I could not find more info about it for INSEAD, could you further explain?

Thanks in advance,
Pablo

MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Hi everyone, how are you doing on that Round 2 INSEAD application? 6 weeks left on the clock and there is a lot to get done, so please secure all your resources - in terms of time, energy, recommenders, application readers.

If you are taking a wait and see approach because of Covid-19, I would encourage you to confidently move forward.

Even though things look bad in France at the moment, I am VERY confident it will be sorted out by January, based on the decline we are finally seeing in Italy, and also, Macron's legislation to make sure people are financially able to quarantine.

R3 has some scholarships available but R2 has so many more, so I urge you to take action on your application right now if you haven't already.
Send PM
Expert Reply
That is indeed puzzling. Is that specific to this year? Because everything is crazy this year of course. My only explanation would be that they give out larger awards for the scholarships that ARE still available in Round 3. For example, the diversity scholarship awards are more generous in R3. However I am just speculating and invite input from anyone who has the scoop on this.

pabpinor wrote:
MBAPrepCoach yesterday INSEAD hold a conference where they said they offer 30% equally in R1, R2 & R3 and only 10% in R4, I have read that also on their site, how is that there ara so many more on R2 than R3?

I understand that is like that for other schools, but I could not find more info about it for INSEAD, could you further explain?

Thanks in advance,
Pablo

MBAPrepCoach wrote:

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Not sure, I have seen that some scholarships are not available in R3, but I had a cafe with an admissions director like two months ago and he stated the same (30+30+30+10), so I guess there will be some kind of compensation with larger fund for the remaining R3 scholarships or either the difference will not be significant (like 32% vs 28%).

Will ask in detail the next time I can and will share it here.

Regards,
Pablo
Send PM
Expert Reply
Right, that's kind of what I was saying. Look forward to any new information you can get your hands on.

pabpinor wrote:
Not sure, I have seen that some scholarships are not available in R3, but I had a cafe with an admissions director like two months ago and he stated the same (30+30+30+10), so I guess there will be some kind of compensation with larger fund for the remaining R3 scholarships or either the difference will not be significant (like 32% vs 28%).

Will ask in detail the next time I can and will share it here.

Regards,
Pablo
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [5]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
GPA: 2.8
Send PM
Kudos
Helllllo,
I got invited to interview today too :)
From Israel. By Email from Anne NIGL. submitted on the day of the deadline
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8831 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Gilborg wrote:
Helllllo,
I got invited to interview today too :)
From Israel. By Email from Anne NIGL. submitted on the day of the deadline

Congratulations Gilborg

As part of your interview preparation, you can go through some of the INSEAD interview experience in the following link

https://gmatclub.com/forum/insead-201/i ... brief.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Concentration: Strategy
Send PM
Last year October, I took the first GMAT and got 540. I didn’t cancel the score. I selected INSEAD to report the score though. Since INSEAD accepts the application without GMAT now, would it be still too risky to apply in R2? Not so sure the adcom will find out my score even if I leave the GMAT score field empty.

Will be great to get some insights!

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  84   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts