Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 12:02 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Vantage Point Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GRE 1: Q170 V163
Send PM
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Kellogg Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022 [#permalink]
Hi all, today there was a Kellogg waitlist virtual session, but I missed that event. I'd much appreciate it if you guys can share some summaries from the event. I'm really in dark now, and even missed the QnA session due to my workload :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GRE 1: Q169 V157
Send PM
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Kellogg Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022 [#permalink]
pjs3599 wrote:
Hi all, today there was a Kellogg waitlist virtual session, but I missed that event. I'd much appreciate it if you guys can share some summaries from the event. I'm really in dark now, and even missed the QnA session due to my workload :(

I missed it too. I hope that wasn't something admissions keeps track of who attends and speak, and they get slight edges in possibly admits.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [3]
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Kudos
pjs3599 wrote:

I believe they said they will send out a recording of the webinar, but below are some of my notes:
-4/03 - they will send an email to opt in/out of waitlist - then waitlist candidate is assigned a waitlist manager (who often is an adcomm member who read their application)
-Kellogg makes decisions on a rolling basis - admittance and denial of people on the waitlist
-Will continue filling the class through the summer - if a seat becomes available in the summer, they want to still fill it from the waitlist
-they start with sort of a 'spring' waitlist and then will occasionally check in to see if you are still interested in staying on the waitlist
-they will keep the waitlist going until the class is full
-suggested things to include in an update: change at work (promotion/responsibilities), new/updates in extracurriculars, reiterating passion and excitement in kellogg, identified a gap in application
-you can submit an additional recommendation but it doesn’t particularly factor into their evaluation; they think it’s unfair if someone knows alumni/student and they can write a recommendation for them vs. someone who doesn’t know an alumni/student
-normally 1-2 weeks to pay deposit if admitted
-typically not a lot of merit scholarships given to candidates from the waitlist
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
pjs3599 wrote:

R1 Waitlist Candidate here - I missed the session also but found this recording and it's all of the same information. Don't think they track attendance.

EDIT: This is my first post so I can't post links. Will attempt to PM.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
west26th wrote:
pjs3599 wrote:

R1 Waitlist Candidate here - I missed the session also but found this recording and it's all of the same information. Don't think they track attendance.

Hi to both of you and all the waitlist community!

They have already sent the e-mail to confirm to be part of the waitlist. In this mail, they share the Q&A from yesterday in a PDF File. After you accept to be on waitlist, there is an update in your application. In the update there is a webinar that could be useful.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8831 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
west26th wrote:
pjs3599 wrote:

west26th

Can you PM the link to me? I will post it here so it is accessible to a wider audience.

Thanks.

EDIT: The link to the waitlist virtual session https://kellogg-northwestern.hosted.pan ... bc014c1500
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 64
Send PM
Hi all,
Received my Kellogg waitlist confirmation email this morning along with the link to yesterday's webinar.
I assume this would have been sent out to everyone on the waitlist.

But nonetheless here's the link:
https://kellogg-northwestern.hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/Pages/Embed.aspx?id=26b68ac8-ed9c-4ec8-8337-ab9200f67858
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Kudos
I received word earlier this week that I was ACCEPTED off of the waitlist. I found a lot of direction through my research on this forum, so I'll try and give some details of my journey to help others.

Some background:

Round 1 Applicant for the 1Y Program
680 GMAT
Local Chicagoan

Kellogg's 1Y Program is the only program I applied to. I did not use any sort of third party consultant to review any of my application materials prior to submitting in September, nor did I venture on to any of these types of forums for strategies prior to submitting my application.

After being waitlisted, however, I began researching and ultimately wound up deciding to hire a waitlist consultant from Admissionado. They were fantastic to work with and I believe played key part of my waitlist success. It is worth noting that I had a very significant, impactful professional update that I believe really further enhanced my candidacy. I wanted to be tactful in how I communicated the merits of the update, which also helped drive my decision to hire a consultant to help me paint the most attractive picture.

After reviewing my application, they first recommended I submit an updated resume in 'MBA' form. I had what I'll call a 'sales oriented' resume that was visually appealing in its layout and content structure. I basically scrapped this, made a black and white, super straightforward resume and maximized quantifiable content. The template could have been from Microsoft Word for all I knew. Essentially, the more basic looking, yet substantive, the better.

After completing the resume, but before submitting it, they suggested I prepare a 2 page update letter explaining my professional update, the implications of it on my candidacy, and reaffirm my commitment to Kellogg through providing hyper-specific examples of how I would maximize my time at school. I spent 4 to 5 weeks between going back and forth with the editors at Admissionado before finally I submitting this update in mid-February.

In my update submission, I also informed the adcom that I would be attempting to retake my GMAT in March in hopes of achieving a higher school. I paid for a VeritasPrep GMAT course and began studying. Adcom did not reach out to me.

Fast forwarding to early March, due to some extenuating familial circumstances, I was unable to finish the VertiasPrep course and retake the GMAT. I submitted an update to Adcom stating how this plan had changed, but that I was still fully committed. It was after this update the I received a direct email from my waitlist manager acknowledging my update. They asked me to reach out to them in early April to "provide an update on timing for waitlist decision". Pretty benign.

I did as instructed, and ultimately received a phone call out of the blue early this past week stating that I had been accepted.

I hope this is helpful to any of those trying to navigate the waitlist process.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Lateralus1 wrote:
I received word earlier this week that I was ACCEPTED off of the waitlist. I found a lot of direction through my research on this forum, so I'll try and give some details of my journey to help others.

Congratulations on the admit Lateralus1

I am very interested to know what kind of research did you do and what resources here on GMATClub helped you. We are aware that there are a lot of resources here like previous waitlist threads, waitlist strategies, etc but is there anything in particular that you found super helpful? We would like to know so we can work on making those resources even more transparent and solid.

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Kudos
workout wrote:
Lateralus1 wrote:

Congratulations on the admit Lateralus1

I am very interested to know what kind of research did you do and what resources here on GMATClub helped you. We are aware that there are a lot of resources here like previous waitlist threads, waitlist strategies, etc but is there anything in particular that you found super helpful? We would like to know so we can work on making those resources even more transparent and solid.

Thanks.

There was a 'navigating waitlist' webinar from Admissionado that I found very helpful (see here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61Lo8LAfOIQ). It was a few years old at this point but still extremely relevant. Other than that, I just combed through all of the waitlist thread archives for Kellogg, made various notes, tracked timelines of responses, etc.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone receive a waitlist manager yet?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Send PM
Yup. The waitlist manager's name was listed on their latest update on the portal.

richie07777 wrote:
Anyone receive a waitlist manager yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
Send PM
Any Idea on how to find the email ID of the Waitlist Manager assigned to you? Tried firstname.lastname@kellogg.northwestern.edu and firstname.lastname@northwestern.edu but both seem to not exist. :\
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Cool, I see it now. Replying to the comment above - not sure actually, have we received email addresses for our managers? It was my impression from the Q&A that we could ask them tactical questions or give them more minor updates via email?
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8831 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Everyone,

I guess Kellogg has an empty spot opened up for waitlisted applicants. Someone is going to get that call soon maybe. Good luck to you all.

Read this https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... l#p2493183
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Lateralus1 wrote:
There was a 'navigating waitlist' webinar from Admissionado that I found very helpful (see here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61Lo8LAfOIQ). It was a few years old at this point but still extremely relevant. Other than that, I just combed through all of the waitlist thread archives for Kellogg, made various notes, tracked timelines of responses, etc.

Glad to know our YouTube videos helped.

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM