Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:15 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [29]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 185 [2]
Given Kudos: 68
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [3]
Given Kudos: 23
Schools: IIMA
Send PM
Moderator - Masters Forum
Own Kudos [?]: 2147 [4]
Given Kudos: 276
GMAT 1: 460 Q42 V13
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
alberto14 wrote:
Hello everybody, could you please evaluate my profile for the best B-Schools in Europe (HEC,St Gallen, ESCP, ESSEC, Bocconi), MiM Program.
This is my profile
21-year old man from Italy.
I'm graduating this year my Bachelor in Economics and Business in one of the top 2 business school in my country (LUISS University) with a GPA of 4.00/4.00 (translated in English/American system);
GMAT score 690 (V38,Q47)
I have no internship but I've been working for two years as a certified Tennis Chair Umpire in the highest national level (First League and Italian championships).
I have international experience as I spent one year of high school in the United States as an exchange student and I took part to the structured partnership between LUISS and Utrecht University, which allowed me to do the second year of my Bachelor in Utrecht.
Extracurricular activities: I have been playing tennis at national level since I was 10 and I'm currently member of my university tennis team.
I'm really curious to know if I have a good chance to get in any of the above-mentioned schools, thank you for your time!

Hi, Welcome to GMATClub. You have a well-mixed profile at the age of 21. With your 690 GMAT score, you will have high chances to get admission in the above school with good Essays and strong recommendations. Pl focus on. All the best.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [4]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Hey alberto14,

Well, you have a pretty good profile as such - GPA and exchange programs work in favor of you. This would definitely help you outrun some of the competition in initial application screening.
You need to highlight your extra-curriculars through your essays and your college rankings also work in favor of you.
690 in GMAT is a decent score and for the schools that you have mentioned, I will categorize the same on the basis of a dream, competitive and safe.

Dream ( 40-50% selection chances) -- St. Gallen (though st.gallen has the small class size you have a good profile so you can target the same with a strong application), HEC
Competitive (60-70% selection chances) -- ESCP, ESSEC
Safe (70-80% selection chances) -- Bocconi

If you are planning to apply for fall 2020 do let me know I would be happy to help you with your applications. You can check out of All in one service to know more about how I can help you with your applications, school selection, essays, LOR’s scholarships, and interview.
https://www.mim-essay.com/mim-all-in-one?gcf

If you have any doubts let me know I would be happy to schedule a call and discuss them on call.

PS - You would be amazed to know the initial 20 minutes call in absolutely free:)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [6]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Hey guys, I'm Sanjana Sanjay and right now I live in Bangalore, India.

I have recently been offered admission into the MIM programmes at ESSEC and INSEAD. I'm having a hard time deciding between the two and I was hoping you guys could help me out.

ESSEC's programme has been in existence for a long time and its employment report is excellent. Moreover, it gives me more opportunities to work and undertake internships.

INSEAD has started the MIM programme only this year and therefore there are no employment stats or alumni for me to rely on. However, it has outstanding brand value and is considered the place to go to for consulting.

INSEAD has a one year programme while the ESSEC programme is two years.

Given that I aspire to enter the consulting industry, I'm confused between these schools. Do you guys have any advice or recommendations (ignoring the financial aspect of the studies)?

I would highly welcome and appreciate any input :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Sanjana28 wrote:
Hey guys, I'm Sanjana Sanjay and right now I live in Bangalore, India.

I have recently been offered admission into the MIM programs at ESSEC and INSEAD. I'm having a hard time deciding between the two and I was hoping you guys could help me out.

ESSEC's programme has been in existence for a long time and its employment report is excellent. Moreover, it gives me more opportunities to work and undertake internships.

INSEAD has started the MIM programme only this year and therefore there are no employment stats or alumni for me to rely on. However, it has outstanding brand value and is considered the place to go to for consulting.

INSEAD has a one year programme while the ESSEC programme is two years.

Given that I aspire to enter the consulting industry, I'm confused between these schools. Do you guys have any advice or recommendations (ignoring the financial aspect of the studies)?

I would highly welcome and appreciate any input :)

Hello Sanjana28,

I am assuming you have less than 2 years of experience. My recommendation would be to go for the ESSEC program.

1. As it's a 2 years program. For someone with less experience - a 2-year program will help more to get the most of the program.
2. Europe values MIM a lot more than in Asia. In terms of job options, post-MIM in Europe is better. ( not considering the current situation).
3. ESSEC has exchange programs to other schools as part of the program. The class is also very diverse in terms of international candidates. Not very sure of INSEAD as it's the first batch.

Hope this helps.

regards,
Shree
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Kudos
CrackVerbalShree

Thank you so much for the input!

INSEAD doesn't have any exchange programmes; they only offer field trips to a few countries as part of the course.

Given that the campuses of both colleges are in the same areas, my main considerations are the employment prospects and brand value that comes along with doing an MIM from the respective college. With these aspects in mind and in spite of the reputation that INSEAD has globally, would ESSEC still be a better fit?

And also yes, I have less than two years of experience. In fact, I will be graduating from my undergraduate programme in May 2020 and have done only one corporate internship.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Send PM
Evaluations are welcome for LBS MiM

22, Female, Indian.

1. Top 10 university in India undergrad. Liberal Arts with a Major in Economics. Top 15 pc of class. Dean's list. 83%.
2. Internship with the BMGF in association with the Indian Government. Policy advisory on maternal and neonatal healthcare indicators.
3. 1 year 11 months work experience in the Social Finance sector with India's #2 NBFC MicroFinance Company.

Extra-Curricular:
1. Vice-President Student Council in School.
2. Member, undergrad Economics Society.
3. Core Member Interdisciplinary Compendium in undergrad.
4. Core Member - Finance, Founding Cultural National Level Fest of undergrad college. Brought in lead sponsors. Involved in planning and strategy.
5. Project Associate with the Confederation of Indian Industry - Young Indians (CII-Yi) on creating awareness about child sexual abuse and child safety amongst primary schools, teachers and parents.

GMAT 730.

Top-notch recommendations.

Evaluations are welcome. Thanks. :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
MasterSapien wrote:
Evaluations are welcome for LBS MiM

22, Female, Indian.

1. Top 10 university in India undergrad. Liberal Arts with a Major in Economics. Top 15 pc of class. Dean's list. 83%.
2. Internship with the BMGF in association with the Indian Government. Policy advisory on maternal and neonatal healthcare indicators.
3. 1 year 11 months work experience in the Social Finance sector with India's #2 NBFC MicroFinance Company.

Extra-Curricular:
1. Vice-President Student Council in School.
2. Member, undergrad Economics Society.
3. Core Member Interdisciplinary Compendium in undergrad.
4. Core Member - Finance, Founding Cultural National Level Fest of undergrad college. Brought in lead sponsors. Involved in planning and strategy.
5. Project Associate with the Confederation of Indian Industry - Young Indians (CII-Yi) on creating awareness about child sexual abuse and child safety amongst primary schools, teachers and parents.

GMAT 730.

Top-notch recommendations.

Evaluations are welcome. Thanks. :)

Hello MasterSapien,

You have a good profile and a great GMAT score too. If you are currently 1.11 yrs experience, by the time you join the program, you will be more than 2.5 yrs of experience.

According to the LBS MIM website: The MiM is specially designed for recent graduates - so you can join straight from your undergraduate studies. It’s also suitable for those who have completed an internship or have up to two years in the workplace.

I would suggest you send them your resume for review. They will respond to you with your fitment to the program. You might want to consider MBA programs too.

regards,
Shree
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Bookmarks
Hi,
I would like to receive a profile evaluation. I'm planning to apply for HEC MiM in round 4, deadline 28th April.

Age: 21 (22 at the beginning of the program, if admitted)
Bachelor degree: Business Administration in Bocconi University, I'll graduate in September. Current GPA: 3,4
CV: unfortunately it's totally empty, I had no work experience for several reasons; I am copartner in a really small family Ltd, do you think I should mention it?
IELTS: 7 (minimum=6, I think I'll highlight 8,5 in reading section)
GMAT: going to take the online version if available in time for the deadline. Expected: 700+ ; I took an official test and I took 690 with a Q49 and V34, I'll work on verbal in these days. I just discovered this excellent forum and I'm sure it'll help me at scoring at least a V37/38, hoping also to improve my quantitative score.

In particular, I'd like to know your opinion about the "penalty" of an empty CV and the eventual GMAT score I should aim to, in order to make up for it and for a not excellent GPA.
What percentage chance do you think I'd have if I scored a 720+ GMAT? I've read that the round 4 for HEC is really hard, and I feel a bit nervous about my profile lackness.
I know that recommandation letters are also important, in fact I'm going to submit two professor letters and maybe a professional one. I'll work a lot also on my essays; but I know GMAT is the most important admission criteria and I would like to focus on it at the moment.
Thanks in advance,
Giuseppe
Moderator - Masters Forum
Own Kudos [?]: 2147 [2]
Given Kudos: 276
GMAT 1: 460 Q42 V13
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
giuseppe98 wrote:
Hi,
I would like to receive a profile evaluation. I'm planning to apply for HEC MiM in round 4, deadline 28th April.

Bachelor degree: Business Administration in Bocconi University, I'll graduate in September. Current GPA: 3,4
CV: unfortunately it's totally empty, I had no work experience for several reasons; I am copartner in a really small family Ltd, do you think I should mention it?
GMAT: going to take the online version if available in time for the deadline. Expected: 700+ ; I took an official test and I took 690 with a Q49 and V34, I'll work on verbal in these days. I just discovered this excellent forum and I'm sure it'll help me at scoring at least a V37/38, hoping also to improve my quantitative score.

In particular, I'd like to know your opinion about the "penalty" of an empty CV and the eventual GMAT score I should aim to, in order to make up for it and for a not excellent GPA.
What percentage chance do you think I'd have if I scored a 720+ GMAT? I've read that the round 4 for HEC is really hard, and I feel a bit nervous about my profile lackness.
I know that recommandation letters are also important, in fact I'm going to submit two professor letters and maybe a professional one. I'll work a lot also on my essays; but I know GMAT is the most important admission criteria and I would like to focus on it at the moment.
Thanks in advance,
Giuseppe

First of all work experience is not mandatory for MiM programs. You can mention your family business in essays. If you got 700+ GMAT score, with a good essay and strong recommendations, your admissions chances will be high. All the best.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
kiran120680 wrote:
First of all work experience is not mandatory for MiM programs. You can mention your family business in essays. If you got 700+ GMAT score, with a good essay and strong recommendations, your admissions chances will be high. All the best.

I really thank you for your answer!
I know that work experience is not mandatory, but I've read it is an advantage in admission process.
If I got a (for exemple) a 720 GMAT, would it be enough to beat round 4 competition? What percentage chances would I have? I know this round is really hard, but I don't know how difficult it is.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Expert Reply
giuseppe98 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance,
Giuseppe

Hey giuseppe98,

Before evaluating and giving my opinions on your profile, I’d like to say that you’ve made quite a good choice by targeting HEC.

Speaking of your GPA and IELTS score, they’re pretty decent, however, you need to ensure that you score 700+ in the GMAT exam to ensure you’re leveled with the competition at HEC.
The fact that schools seek well-rounded applicants cannot be overlooked. That said, HEC lays emphasis on the applicant’s undergraduate rank as well.

Speaking of your work experience, you shall not worry about the fact that you don’t have work experience because MiM is a master’s degree intended to equip fresh under-graduates to build a career in the management and its related fields. But since you were involved in your family business, you can strategically express it as your work experience by highlighting the impacts you brought about during your tenure while showcasing growth along the way.

Also, your application won’t just be limited to highlighting your work experience, you’d be required to showcase your engagement and participation in various extracurricular activities as well. For instance, you can mention about the projects, research work, or any other extra-curricular activities you partook during your under-graduation. You can also talk about any clubs or societies you were a part of during your college time and state key roles and responsibilities you had held.

In my final word of advice, I’d like to say that you’ll need to work a bit hard on your application essays, LOR, CV, in fact, on your overall application to make it through as the deadline is just around the corner.
Moreover, you’ve mentioned about submitting 2 recommendation letters from your professors and 1 professional LOR. So, on that note, I'd like to give you a bit of clarity. Broadly there are 2 types of LORs- academic and professional wherein the academic LOR is written by the applicant's university/college Professor(s) and the professional LOR is written by the applicant's supervisor or colleague in his previous or current workplace.
Thus, in your case, you would be required to submit only the academic LORs because you don't have prior work experience in any firm or organization. So, you shall wisely choose your referees (college Professors) who have closely observed your engagements throughout your college tenure in various dimensions spanning across both the classroom and outside the classroom activities (extracurricular).

Keeping all things in perspective, to make it through round 4 into the HEC MiM program depends entirely on how serious you’re about securing yourself a spot and how well you go about your application as the competition is quite tough to beat.

Also, you may consider targeting HEC’s specialized master’s program like the MSc Strategic Management degree program, as the competition is slightly less and not that rigid in comparison to the MiM program.

Since the deadline is almost here, you need to give your best shot!
And for that purpose, it's crucial to ensure that your application is presented in an all-embracing manner.

Our expert services have helped and proved promising to applicants to step into their dream schools. More specifically, in the previous year (2019), we successfully helped 27 applicants secure admission in HEC through our All-in-One service.

So, if are willing to seek assistance and would like to get an expert's touch in your application, you can rely upon our All-in-One service.
Here’s the link to the same:
https://www.mim-essay.com/mim-all-in-one?gcf

Hope this helped!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Profile Evaluation:

GRE = 312 (Quant - 168/Verbal- 144)
IELTS = 7/9
CGPA - 7.44/10(till 7th sem)
Mechanical engineer Final year student
No work experience
1 Month technical International Internship at renowned Company
another technical internship at a big firm in India(home country)
one ad half month social media content writing internship for NGO.
Lots of extra-curricular throughout graduation
I have managed fests in my initial 2 yrs. I was project head in thrid year at my institute of an international student chapter.
I have been a Lawn tennis team captain at my college.

What are my chances for
Masters in Management at LBS
Masters in Management at London School of Economics

Originally posted by utkarsh025 on 17 Apr 2020, 14:14.
Last edited by Narenn on 21 Apr 2020, 00:05, edited 1 time in total.
topic renamed
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 227 [2]
Send PM
Kudos