Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:46 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [1]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [1]
Given Kudos: 132
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28 (Online)
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.23
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
Kudos
Solirah wrote:
Does it mean that I can not cancel my scores? Im very stressed about it. So if I retake my trst at Test center later when they are open, is this score will also be available for schools along my new test. This is very frustrating.

Posted from my mobile device

I believe it does mean that you should read again if you still have doubts. Someone's will can change many things but that is pretty clear.
If you read a bit more you will understand why it should not be so frustrating. Bombing it is something that can happen to any of us.

Good luck with your study and your next attempt!

Regards,
Pablo
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2412 [0]
Given Kudos: 272
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Solirah wrote:
Does it mean that I can not cancel my scores? Im very stressed about it. So if I retake my trst at Test center later when they are open, is this score will also be available for schools along my new test. This is very frustrating.

You are correct that you cannot cancel your GMAT Online score--however, GMAC has made up for this by doing us the favor of not including GMAT Online scores on the regular Test Taker Score Report, which is now sometimes requested by B-schools (and which also indicates cancellations), which effectively means that b-school adcoms will only see our GMAT Online scores if we want them to.

Originally posted by mcelroytutoring on 24 May 2020, 11:21.
Last edited by mcelroytutoring on 25 May 2020, 14:46, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39 (Online)
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi, does anyone know whether the GMAT online score can be integrated into the official score report? The school that I want to share my score with has asked me to send them the score in PDF format but I only have the in-person GMAT scores in PDF. I reached out to GMAC but didn't receive any reply from them in 2 days.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GPA: 3.87
Send PM
Excuse me.
Do you know where can I find the button or page to Schedule the Gmat online, I cant find} Thank you
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 90 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Kudos
Yaliguzman25 wrote:
Excuse me.
Do you know where can I find the button or page to Schedule the Gmat online, I cant find} Thank you

Hi Yaliguzman25

The link to GMAT Online registration can be found in your GMAT My Account Page.
My Account -> REGISTER NOW OR VIEW APPOINTMENT DETAIILS under Exams -> "GMAT Online : Graduate Management Admission Test" under Pre-approved Exams.
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2412 [0]
Given Kudos: 272
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
nsaharan1990 wrote:
Hi, does anyone know whether the GMAT online score can be integrated into the official score report? The school that I want to share my score with has asked me to send them the score in PDF format but I only have the in-person GMAT scores in PDF. I reached out to GMAC but didn't receive any reply from them in 2 days.

Because GMAT Online scores can't be cancelled, they were intentionally left off the test-taker score reports, and unlike the test center GMAT, at present there is no PDF download option or unique URL that you can use to access an official score report with your DOB.

Thus, your adcom might have to settle for a PDF of a screenshot of your mba.com account page, where your scores are listed--but you should also send them an official score report, since it's free to send unlimited GMAT Online score reports--and an official score report directly from the test-maker is the only way to guarantee that the scores are real.

See the image below (personal information redacted) as an example:

Originally posted by mcelroytutoring on 25 May 2020, 08:37.
Last edited by mcelroytutoring on 25 May 2020, 14:53, edited 7 times in total.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Great advice! You may need to read things multiple times.... and maybe you won’t need to cancel scores if you follow it.

pabpinor wrote:
Solirah wrote:

I believe it does mean that you should read again if you still have doubts. Someone's will can change many things but that is pretty clear.
If you read a bit more you will understand why it should not be so frustrating. Bombing it is something that can happen to any of us.

Good luck with your study and your next attempt!

Regards,
Pablo
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mcelroytutoring wrote:
nsaharan1990 wrote:

Because GMAT Online scores can't be cancelled, they were intentionally left off the test-taker score reports. Your program might have to settle for a PDF of a screenshot of your mba.com account page, where your scores are listed.

See the image below (personal information redacted) as an example:

Gotcha, I think I saw in the interview with Vineet from GMAC that they had plans to integrate the online score in official report if people wish to do so but perhaps that's still under conideration.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
Hi, I'm taking tomorrow the online gmat, I guess I'm being paranoid but has anyone experienced issues with having a large window on the testing room?

My idea is to seat giving the back to the window so I can have more natural light and won't see any bird or the neighbors across, also the proctor would be able to see it through the webcam. I was checking everything tonight and the "walled room" word gave me some doubts...

Regards,
Pablo
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
pabpinor wrote:
Hi, I'm taking tomorrow the online gmat, I guess I'm being paranoid but has anyone experienced issues with having a large window on the testing room?

My idea is to seat giving the back to the window so I can have more natural light and won't see any bird or the neighbors across, also the proctor would be able to see it through the webcam. I was checking everything tonight and the "walled room" word gave me some doubts...

Regards,
Pablo

I had a window in the room that I was giving the test in and it was not an issue. That said, I did not have my back against the window but don't expect it to be a problem as long as the proctor can see your face properly and there isn't a strong glare. Is there a way you can move the desk in a way that the window is on the side instead of directly behind you?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
nsaharan1990 wrote:
pabpinor wrote:

Regards,
Pablo

I had a window in the room that I was giving the test in and it was not an issue. That said, I did not have my back against the window but don't expect it to be a problem as long as the proctor can see your face properly and there isn't a strong glare. Is there a way you can move the desk in a way that the window is on the side instead of directly behind you?

I actually have a sunblind in half of the terrace that blocks most of the light, if the glare is an issue I will have to close it all, losing natural light then, I could also be parallel to it, will rehearse tomorrow morning and see.

Thanks!
Pablo
Intern
Intern
Send PM
pabpinor wrote:
nsaharan1990 wrote:
pabpinor wrote:

Regards,
Pablo

I actually have a sunblind in half of the terrace that blocks most of the light, if the glare is an issue I will have to close it all, losing natural light then, I could also be parallel to it, will rehearse tomorrow morning and see.

Thanks!
Pablo

Yeah, if you can be parallel to it then that should be totally fine.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Did you guys upload the pictures of yourself and your room the day before the exam? Or, should I upload these pictures 30-40 minutes before the exam? I will be taking the exam in 18 hours.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 3: 720 Q45 V44
Send PM
EcemEmur wrote:
Did you guys upload the pictures of yourself and your room the day before the exam? Or, should I upload these pictures 30-40 minutes before the exam? I will be taking the exam in 18 hours.

You take the pictures and upload them with your phone. Exam appears 30 min before official start time and it is more than enough according to my experience.

The process actually seemed pretty straightforward to me.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 117 [0]
Given Kudos: 64
Send PM
EcemEmur wrote:

You have to do it just before the exam - they send you a link once you are starting your check-in processes through mba.com
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Thank you. About the "walled room" issue, can I place my desk in front of a closet, which is grey and has no pictures on it? The closet looks like a wall. I don't have a comfortable place in front of the wall.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 3: 720 Q45 V44
Send PM
EcemEmur wrote:
Thank you. About the "walled room" issue, can I place my desk in front of a closet, which is grey and has no pictures on it? The closet looks like a wall. I don't have a comfortable place in front of the wall.

I honestly do not think they will raise too many issues as long as you show a clean space with no papers or devices around you.
Make sure you place everything inside that closet to avoid any problems, do not leave any loose items visible and you should be fine.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  55   56   57   58   59  ...  183