Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:29 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 77 [3]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 2.5
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 171 [13]
Given Kudos: 150
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE:Design (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [0]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
Re: How COVID-19 has affected lives of MBA students & bschools [#permalink]
They have same comments as mentioned above by aeon86. They work closely with MBA team for fine tuning things. The only uncertain things now how to do live projects in June which MBA team left for later decision.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I've been hearing mixed reviews from friends about the virtual experience - some say that it's actually refreshingly convenient because they (i) have more control over how they allocate their attention, (ii) can take / audit more classes than they otherwise would be able to, and (ii) have greater access to professors / professionals (since everyone is...well...at home). Others that aren't so happy with the experience mention the things you'd expect - diminished experience, lower-quality class discussions, missing out on 95% of student life. I recently was fortunate enough to get into Yale SOM and I had a call with a current student went so far as to suggest I seriously consider deferring my enrollment, especially given that a virtual experience is not exactly the best use of money...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4547 [1]
Given Kudos: 1228
Send PM
Kudos
The attached document sent out by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement answers few of the questions that current and incoming students may have with respect to immigration, relocation and CPT/OPT.
Attachments

U.S.Immigration-Covid19Faq.pdf [485.09 KiB]
Downloaded 186 times

Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Here in Esslingen Germany it has been a bit of a mixed bag. From the schools perspective we would be the first to admit that we weren’t really prepared for such a sudden shift to online and the first few weeks were certainly a bit bumpy.

Initially we had issues with which software we could/should use and getting all the lecturers accustomed to digital teaching and in the beginning, the students were certainly pretty frustrated.
As things settle down however it has smoothed out a lot. Students are definitely looking forward to getting back to physical lessons again but have quickly adapted and are getting on with their work and creating some really high quality content.

I would be interested to hear from students at other schools about their experiences and what helped/would help improve their experience. Also how they are mostly collaborating with each other and using which tools.

Certainly a strange and unusual time for us all on both sides.

-Phil (Esslingen MBA)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
This discussion is very interesting. I think this is a great test of online education systems that have been set up. The past few months have shown how much more experience is, vis-à-vis a technologically advanced online education delivery systems. The learning from these times is immense for students, researchers into education, administration, faculty, parents and the companies which provide the tech. Yes, online education has wonderful advantages(these times have proven that), but we have a fair distance to travel before it becomes as good as actual in-person education.
GMAT Club Bot