Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 22:58 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 22:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6856 [2]
Given Kudos: 500
Stern School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 539 [1]
Given Kudos: 219
Concentration: General Management, Technology
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [1]
Given Kudos: 333
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
Schools: ISB '21
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V36
GPA: 4
WE:Web Development (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Facing Difficulties to solve 700 level in Quant [#permalink]
Kudos
Mishti2906 wrote:
Dear Team,

I am facing problem to crack 700 level questions.
Most of the time, I am doing very small mistake in those questions, whenever I checked the solutions, I felt so bad because of my small small mistakes. Please suggest me how can I improve my performance?

Hi Mishti2906,

Did you try the below link? There are some advice and links under this thread.

I hope it helps :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MentorTutoring wrote:
Mishti2906 wrote:
Dear Team,

Most of the time, I am doing very small mistake in those questions, whenever I checked the solutions, I felt so bad because of my small small mistakes. Please suggest me how can I improve my performance?

Hello, Mishti2906. I understand your frustration. Every test-taker knows the sting of falling into a trap by not reading the question stem or given information carefully. There are a few suggestions I have for you, in no particular order:

1) Keep a detailed error log. It is fine to start with the one GMAT Club provides, but you want to dedicate some space to explain to yourself, in your own words, why you feel you missed the question. Sometimes a categorical organization is not good enough. What does it mean if you miss a "Geometry" question, for example? Did you not understand a concept involving trapezoids, did you confuse a number with an integer? Be specific. This will help you pinpoint consistent errors that you can then address.

2) Practice such questions on GMAT Club. The site has probably the best base of 700-level questions, and the explanations offered by experts such as Bunuel, chetan2u, and VeritasKarishma, for instance, are top-notch, not to mention those provided by community members.

3) If you have extra money or time, consider investing in an online learning module, such as Target Test Prep. (You can check the Marketplace for reviews of such courses.) These platforms are designed to help you reach a certain level of mastery for each concept, and they are incredibly efficient to that end.

4) Shore up any gaps in foundational knowledge, whether through this site (look for the Ultimate GMAT Quantitative Megathread in Bunuel's signature), a Manhattan Prep guide, or some other source.

5) Keep practicing. If you put all of the above together, and you emphasize qualitative study over quantitative, x-hours-a-day or x-problems-a-day study, then you will start to see improvement. Spend time with the questions you miss to get to the root of the problem. I am sure it is not always silly mistakes that cause you to miss questions.

6) Ask questions in the forum. When you do not understand a problem, if the dialogue does not already answer your question, then seek additional feedback. The community is here to help.

Good luck with your studies.

- Andrew

Thank you for sharing this great post
Intern
Intern
Send PM
DasAshishAshutosh wrote:
Mishti2906 wrote:
Dear Team,

Same problem with me as well. However , what I found that by being confident of the reasoning of the concepts , these silly mistakes can be avoidable most of the times. We may know the formula , but due to poor reasoning we may falter while applying the formula . Sometimes also distraction while reading a ques creates a major role in silly mistakes . Nevertheless , i hope these are just a phase of preparation , and we will learn attention to detail and apply the correct reasoning with more practice .

Hope for good.
good luck
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Codebug4it wrote:
Mishti2906 wrote:
Dear Team,

Hi Mishti2906,

Did you try the below link? There are some advice and links under this thread.

I hope it helps :)

I will try for sure.
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6856 [2]
Given Kudos: 500
Kudos
Expert Reply
Mishti2906 wrote:
Thank you for sharing this great post

You're welcome, Mishti2906. I like to say that the difference between the person who reaches and crosses a score barrier and the one who does not is often nothing more than organization. Same ability, different approach, different results. I hope you find what you are looking for.

- Andrew
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Math Expert
92883 posts