Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:52 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 1036 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
Schools: ISB '21
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi,
Could you please evaluate my profile for ISB:

Class X- 9.6/10 CGPA
Class XII- 90.8%

Bachelor of Engineering: Electronics Instrumentation and Control
GPA -8.23/10 from Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology
Developed Projects such as : Smart walking stick for the visually impaired (Research paper published), Automatic Street Lighting system, Automatic fire alarm system.
Was selected as the Class Representative for Electronics Instrumentation and Control

Working in Deloitte- 10 months experience in a US based public sector project
Role: Automation and Functional Testing (Involves Client handling, problem solving skills, technical skills)

GRE- 318 (planning to give GMAT)

Did research internship at CSIR; worked on central government project
International Journal - paper published

ExtraCurriculars
Second position in district competitions in football and athletics
Captain of College Badminton Team and participated in North India Tournament
Selected as the Overall Captain of Electrical Department of college in sports
Overall Games Coordinator
Overall Event Coordinator and Founder of a college society of sports
Member of Student Consulting Committee

Certification Courses:
PLC Developer (LinkedIn)
Digital Marketing (Google)
Financial Marketing (LinkedIn)

Volunteer at a NGO-Rotary Foundation

Could you please recommend about the GRE/GMAT score and exam i should target. What are the areas in my profile to focus and improve on. What are my chances with this profile?
With should be the minimum GMAT score i should be aiming to get a call for interview in EEO ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 395
GMAT 1: 570 Q44 V25
GMAT 2: 640 Q47 V31
Send PM
Kindly Evaluate my Profile; I am looking forward to apply to ISB PGP 1 year Program in R1 this year.

Male/31 yrs
Target GMAT Score: 710+ (Latest Mock Score:680)

Acads:
1) Class X: 63.0% (State Board)
2) Class XII: 67.0% (State Board)
3) B.Tech(CSE): 79.0% (UPTU)

Work Experience:(8+ Years)
1 year in Cognizant Technology Solutions(CTS),Chennai as Programmer Analyst Trainee(PAT).
7+ years in my Current Company i.e. a PSU under Department of Atomic Energy as Senior Technical Officer.

While Working in My Current Company, I got the opporunity to work in diverse fields. I got to work on variuos Research projects and also worked in Production Planning, Purchase, Marketing and Accoounts Activities etc.
Currently leading a team of 6 members.
I got the Opportunity to work on some projects which were so time critical that we used to report directly to our C&MD.
I got the opportunity to work with Senior level Manager of Other PSUs and Central Govt.
I have actively participated in the Corporate Level CSR Activities, Cultural activities and Competitions as well as Inter-PSU Competitions.

Hobbies:
- Singing and Listening to Music.
- Playing Guitar.
- Playing Cricket, Table Tennis, Badminton, Volley Ball etc.

I am lead singer of our Corporate level Band.
I am the captain of our Volley Ball Team.
I am the Vice-captain of our Corporate level Cricket Team.
I won various prizes in many Inter-PSU Teble Tennis Competitions.
I won "Sportsman of the Year" Award three times in biennial "Sports Meet" in my current Organization.
I have hosted many cultural programs.

Thank you so much in advance.
I Would appreciate your thoughts on my chances in ISB PGP program this year, required GMAT Score and any other advice.

I want to know one more thing that would Covid-19 have any impact on the number of applicants to PGP Program in ISB this year.
Is it advisable to apply this year amid corona pendemic.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [2]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Kudos
ajeetsinghcet05 wrote:
Kindly Evaluate my Profile; I am looking forward to apply to ISB PGP 1 year Program in R1 this year.

Male/31 yrs

Acads:

1 year in Cognizant Technology Solutions(CTS),Chennai as Programmer Analyst Trainee(PAT).
7+ years in my Current Company i.e. a PSU under Department of Atomic Energy as Senior Technical Officer.

While Working in My Current Company, I got the opporunity to work in diverse fields. I got to work on variuos Research projects and also worked in Production Planning, Purchase, Marketing and Accoounts Activities etc.
I got the Opportunity to work on some projects which were so time critical that we used to report directly to our C&MD.
I got the opportunity to work with Senior level Manager of Other PSUs and Central Govt.
I have actively participated in the Corporate Level CSR Activities, Cultural activities and Competitions as well as Inter-PSU Competitions.

Hobbies:
- Playing Guitar.

I won "Sportsman of the Year" Award three times in biennial "Sports Meet" in my current Organization.

I Would appreciate your thoughts on my chances in ISB PGP program this year, required GMAT Score and any other advice.

I want to know one more thing that would Covid-19 have any impact on the number of applicants to PGP Program in ISB this year.

Hi Ajeet,
You have a very niche profile (Atomic energy background) which will help you to get an interview call from top B schools like ISB as B schools look for unique profiles to increase the batch diversity. A 700+ GMAT score should be good enough for you. With 8+ years of work ex, you can also consider applying to the one year MBA programs at top IIMs.
Coming to Covid-19 situation, it may limit your MBA experience to some extent if the situation does not improve in the next academic year as well. However, assuming that you are targeting the class of 2022, the market is expected to exhibit an upward trend post-COVID, especially in industries like technology, e-Commerce, pharma etc. This can help you during placement if you are targeting these sectors as your post-MBA career choice.

For more information regarding MBA and career switch from PSU to Private sector check the free resources at https://psutoprivate.com/.
All the best!

Originally posted by PSU-TO-PRIVATE on 30 May 2020, 05:49.
Last edited by PSU-TO-PRIVATE on 31 May 2020, 00:58, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 103
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Hey,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB 2021 intake:

GMAT Score: 700 [Quant:49 , Verbal:36, I.R.:5 , AWA:5.5]

Educational Qualifications:

Graduation: BTech in Information Technology with 7.5 CGPA
12th: 94% in AP State Board
10th: 84% in ICSE

Work Experience:
Working as a Blockchain Developer + Backend Developer in EXL Services currently.
Total work experience of 3 years.

Extra Curricular:
I did a 6-month internship in PwC.
I am Quora influencer with over 10,000 followers and 22 million views on my articles. I have also been a Top Writer on this platform.
I have mentored over 50 people in writing blogs effectively.
I have founded a website where people can write and publish cricket blogs.
I have been into NGOs for the past 2 years.

Originally posted by kvakhil on 30 May 2020, 22:25.
Last edited by kvakhil on 31 May 2020, 01:02, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33 (Online)
GRE 1: Q170 V155
GPA: 4
WE:General Management (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Kvakhil,
Nothing other than a very exceptional profile can go with a 600 on GMAT.
With this profile, which is an over represented one, nothing short of a GMAT 710 (ISB average) is safe.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
Kvakhil,
Moreover, your GMAT score and its breakup is not tallying

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [1]
Given Kudos: 103
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Hey Vikram21,

There was an error while typing I guess.

The total score is 700 and not 600.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Kvakhil,
Try to improve upon the GMAT score if you can. B.Tech comes with it's own set of challenges.
Else work on your essays.
Post MBA goal clarity is a must.
Extra curriculars are ok.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
WE:Business Development (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Hello,

Please evaluate my profile (25, male):

Education
10th - 90% (CBSE)
12th - 65% (Science stream, Maharashtra State)
Undergrad - 70%; B.Sc. in Hospitality & Hotel Administration from IHM Mumbai (Oldest and top-ranked hospitality education institute in the country)

Work experience: 5 years (60 months)
1. Account Executive at Booking(dot)com (NASDAQ: BKNG; Fortune500): Managing supplier accounts in the assigned region, involves consultative selling, relationship management and improving product adoption. I've also led region & country-level projects for improving the quality of listings on the website [Current]
2. Business Development Executive at Cleartrip(dot)com (Online travel agency): Job role & responsibilities are the same as above. Awarded for 'Exemplary Performance'. [2.4 years]

Certifications
Fundamentals of Digital Marketing (Google)
Project Management (Udemy)

GMAT: Yet to attempt; target score = 660

Thanks in advance :)

Originally posted by athk on 31 May 2020, 01:45.
Last edited by athk on 31 May 2020, 01:48, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Bookmarks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
apurv06 wrote:
Hi
Plz evaluate my profile for ISB

Bio: Indian,Male,24
Academics: B.Tech from ZHCET , Aligarh Muslim University (2016) - 72%
Class 12 (2012) - 81 %
Class 10 (2010)- 9.6 CGPA
Work Exp:
1). Sep 2017 - Present: Junior Executive (Airport Operations) at Airports Authority of India (Miniratna PSU)
Currently posted as Airport Terminal Manager at Lal Bahadur Shastri Int. Airport ,Varanasi.
2). Aviation Expert , Trained in Airside Operation Management at Trivandrum Int. Airport,Thiruvananthapuram.
3). Airport operations is a highly dynamic profile which requires quick decision making, situational awareness, crisis
management etc
4). Besides my regular job responsibilities ,I have also been appointed as Airport Terminal manager to manage
PGO (Passenger grievances & redressal) portal AIR SEWA , VIP Protocol Handling , ASQ-ACI (Airport Service Quality).
5). As I resolve Passenger queries /complaints & conduct ASQ surveys I have met & interacted with hundreds of persons
from various domains, natives of many countries.
6). Certified ISO 14001:2015 & 9001:2015 standards QMS/EMS Internal Auditer.
7). Besides , I m a keen Stock Market follower and i have been trading(MF, Equities ,Derivatives) for the last two years.

Extra Co-Curriculars
Won some awards in Badminton & Cricket at School ,College level .
Tech & Cultural fest coordinator in College.
Participated in multiple science & tech. quizzes at different colleges.
Participated in CBRN ( Chemical,Biological, Radiological & Nuclear) Detection & Prevention Worshop conducted in mutual collaboration of National Disaster Management Authority NDMA & DRDO.

TBD ,I am targetting to appear in GMAT in July last.
kindly evaluate my profile & suggest target score

Hi Apurv,
You have an average academics which needs to be compensated by an above-average GMAT score (710+ for ISB and top IIMs). You do have a unique background and rich work experience in a PSU. This can be showcased in your essays. Remember, GMAT score constitutes only one part of your application. The essays, LoR and the interview play a big role in getting an admit.You can try the free profile evaluation tool to get a better picture - https://form.jotform.com/201452400984046

For more information regarding MBA and career switch from PSU to Private sector check the free resources at https://psutoprivate.com/.
All the best!
MBA Expert
Send PM
Expert Reply
Ved22 wrote:
Please help to evaluate

EXPERIENCE
Reliance Jio Digital Infocom GMAT :710
Mumbai, India

1. Graduate Engineer Trainee Sept’16-Oct’16
 Joined as Graduate Engineer Trainee [GET]. Awarded with title “Star Bond Performer” & “Bond of the Month” for consistently high ranked performance.

2. Project Lead Validation Manager Nov’16—Dec’17
 Led the crucial digital product projects with ZERO defect principle through in-depth analysis, detailed project planning with inclusive communication with all the stakeholders and international clients involved such as Samsung, LYF, Facebook, https://gmatclub.com/chat and government stakeholders etc.
 Re-engineered the product performance and stability procedures to meet crucial business deadlines.
 Conceptualized and directed a detailed integration plan for the customer on-boarding procedures for crucial digital products such as Jio Phone, Jio Pos and ODA SIM, resulting in smooth acquisition of customers meeting the 2 million goal of the organization.
 Managed and monitored Jio media products accounting to more than more than Rs 40,000 crores revenue opportunities for the organization.
 Administered and structured processes pertaining to product migration from licensed based to open source platform such as Jio Central Platform impacting more than 10 lakhs of dealers
 Analyzed the product performance and stability; presented the findings to Vice-President and Senior Vice-President and Technical Head, along with plan of action to optimize the product defects; resulted in effective product stability and performance.
 Co-ordinated a team of 250-300 product evaluators, leading to efficient product launch and deployment.
 Interviewed, Recruited and Trained Graduate Engineer Trainees.

Hi Ved,

Thanks for sharing the detailed view of your profile. Your acads are not your strongest area and a GMAT score of 710 is good. The work experience shows both the fast-track growth you've had and how you've got there through a number of interesting and hi-impact projects. There's a lot of material and focus you can demonstrate in the essays, especially directly working with the top brands in e-commerce to execute the projects. Plus, the wide gamut of the Jio portfolio you've touched adds to what you bring to the table.
You should package all of this succinctly and focus on certain key traits in the essays.

You also have a very diverse extra-curricular profile. Your escapades with the IT department at college will bode well with certain initiatives within the Business Technology Club at ISB. Cross-fit is also a strong diversity factor which usually comes into play at the latter half of the year after placements where you can organize cross-fit camps. A number of ex-students have done that in the past.

Overall, you have a strong chance of getting through this year. All the best!

Cheers,
Manan
MBA Expert
Send PM
Expert Reply
Raghu2 wrote:
Hi,
Could you please evaluate my profile for ISB:

Class X- 9.6/10 CGPA
Class XII- 90.8%

Bachelor of Engineering: Electronics Instrumentation and Control
GPA -8.23/10 from Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology
Developed Projects such as : Smart walking stick for the visually impaired (Research paper published), Automatic Street Lighting system, Automatic fire alarm system.
Was selected as the Class Representative for Electronics Instrumentation and Control

Working in Deloitte- 10 months experience in a US based public sector project
Role: Automation and Functional Testing (Involves Client handling, problem solving skills, technical skills)

GRE- 318 (planning to give GMAT)

Did research internship at CSIR; worked on central government project
International Journal - paper published

ExtraCurriculars
Second position in district competitions in football and athletics
Captain of College Badminton Team and participated in North India Tournament
Selected as the Overall Captain of Electrical Department of college in sports
Overall Games Coordinator
Overall Event Coordinator and Founder of a college society of sports
Member of Student Consulting Committee

Certification Courses:
PLC Developer (LinkedIn)
Digital Marketing (Google)
Financial Marketing (LinkedIn)

Volunteer at a NGO-Rotary Foundation

Could you please recommend about the GRE/GMAT score and exam i should target. What are the areas in my profile to focus and improve on. What are my chances with this profile?
With should be the minimum GMAT score i should be aiming to get a call for interview in EEO ?

Hi Raghu,

Thanks for sharing the updated details.

Acads are good and within your work-ex, you can build upon the client interactions with the US public sector and automation focus in the application.

Your extra-curricular section is impressive and you should build upon that in the application as to how you'd add value to the school. You should continue your focus on sports. In addition, continue the good work on your project and earn more laurels :)

Regarding GMAT vs GRE, it totally depends on your preference and skills. For e.g. if you are looking to apply not just at b-schools then GRE is preferred. GRE is considered slightly easier for quant than GMAT but the verbal section is tougher, especially if your vocab isn't very strong. In terms of preference particularly at ISB, it doesnt matter which one you go for.
Also, 710+ would be a good score to target to complete the package. Remember, GMAT/GRE is one of the components which the adcom would assess. Other areas have equal or more weightage.

All the best!
MBA Expert
Send PM
Expert Reply
ajeetsinghcet05 wrote:

Male/31 yrs

Acads:

Hobbies:
- Playing Guitar.

Hi Ajeet,

You do have a diverse background (PSU- atomic energy) so it would help catching the attention of adcom. In the past, we've consulted a number of candidates from PSUs so can definitely say that your passion for sports + music makes you stand out even more! A GMAT of 680+ backed by well-structured essays would put you in good stead for ISB. However, you need to articulate your post-MBA goals really well and why you want to move out of a good PSU job.

This year, a number of selected candidates have deferred their admissions to the next year and in general, there is an uptick in applications for b-schools during recessions as the expectation is that by 2022, things should (and would) improve. Hence, its a good year to apply but the competition would be tougher.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Manan
MBA Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 1036 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
kvakhil wrote:
Hey,

GMAT Score: 700 [Quant:49 , Verbal:36, I.R.:5 , AWA:5.5]

Graduation: BTech in Information Technology with 7.5 CGPA
12th: 94% in AP State Board
10th: 84% in ICSE

Work Experience:
Working as a Blockchain Developer + Backend Developer in EXL Services currently.
Total work experience of 3 years.

Extra Curricular:
I did a 6-month internship in PwC.
I am Quora influencer with over 10,000 followers and 22 million views on my articles. I have also been a Top Writer on this platform.
I have mentored over 50 people in writing blogs effectively.
I have founded a website where people can write and publish cricket blogs.
I have been into NGOs for the past 2 years.

Hi Kvakhil,

Your acads and work-ex are within the top 35-40pcile of the applicant pool. While you blogging, quora and the cricket website a really good and add an extra dimension to your profile, your focus should be on linking it with how you can add value to the school / your peers with that. Otherwise, it remains just another hobby.
Try to take another crack at GMAT if you feel you can score 720+, otherwise this score is fine.

All the best!

Regards,
Manan
MBA Expert
Send PM
Expert Reply
athk wrote:
Hello,

Please evaluate my profile (25, male):

Education
10th - 90% (CBSE)
12th - 65% (Science stream, Maharashtra State)
Undergrad - 70%; B.Sc. in Hospitality & Hotel Administration from IHM Mumbai (Oldest and top-ranked hospitality education institute in the country)

Work experience: 5 years (60 months)
1. Account Executive at Booking(dot)com (NASDAQ: BKNG; Fortune500): Managing supplier accounts in the assigned region, involves consultative selling, relationship management and improving product adoption. I've also led region & country-level projects for improving the quality of listings on the website [Current]
2. Business Development Executive at Cleartrip(dot)com (Online travel agency): Job role & responsibilities are the same as above. Awarded for 'Exemplary Performance'. [2.4 years]

Certifications
Fundamentals of Digital Marketing (Google)
Project Management (Udemy)

GMAT: Yet to attempt; target score = 660

Thanks in advance :)

Hi!
Your education and professional background is quite different from majority of the applicant pool at ISB. The projects and achievements you've listed there are good. You should add a perspective on what efforts and outcomes you've achieved during Covid in the application. I'd suggest a 680+ score to complement your profile.

All the best and reach out in case of further queries.

Regards,
Manan
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hey,

Current GMAT Score: 680 [Quant:49 , Verbal:33, I.R.:3 , AWA:4.5]

Graduation: BTech in Electronics & Communication with 77.24% from Delhi Technological University (DTU)
12th: 91% from Delhi Public School RK Puram
10th: 95% from Delhi Public School RK Puram

Work Experience:
Currently working in a Product based startup
1 year work experience as Software Developer in TCS
2 years work experience as Software Developer in Aon

Extra Curricular:
I did 2 internships in ONGC (Delhi)
Was awarded Impromptu and Gold Award for exemplary performance at Aon
Participated in CSR Activities
Was the head of Fun Committee at Aon
Participated in Technical Fests at DTU
Worked as a coordinator for Destination Boardroom, an initiative by GoDiverse

I had applied to ISB in 2019 in R1. Was called for the interview but did not get selected.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  169   170   171   172   173  ...  307