Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:05 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here [#permalink]
Bookmarks
anonpilt wrote:
shift808 wrote:
anonpilt wrote:
There is a GMAC webinar video that shows the mean EA score to be ~149 and the standard deviation to be ~6.8. The 75th percentile score is ~154. I suppose you could map that information onto the GMAT to get a reasonable answer to your question.

That sounds pretty accurate to me. I ended up with a 164 and a Booth told me that it was the 99th percentile. 149+2.326*6.8=164.8, so pretty close at least.

On second thought, maybe they told me I was 98th percentile overall. 149+2.054*6.8=163. It was a passing conversation.

I don't think the curve is normal enough to haggle over a percentile.

Here is the interpretation from Kellogg for my score.

Total 162 Percentile 96%
Integrated Reasoning 18 Percentile 100%
Verbal Reasoning 12 Percentile 86%
Quantitative Reasoning 12 Percentile 83%
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here [#permalink]
nitu000 wrote:
anonpilt wrote:
shift808 wrote:
anonpilt wrote:
There is a GMAC webinar video that shows the mean EA score to be ~149 and the standard deviation to be ~6.8. The 75th percentile score is ~154. I suppose you could map that information onto the GMAT to get a reasonable answer to your question.

That sounds pretty accurate to me. I ended up with a 164 and a Booth told me that it was the 99th percentile. 149+2.326*6.8=164.8, so pretty close at least.

On second thought, maybe they told me I was 98th percentile overall. 149+2.054*6.8=163. It was a passing conversation.

I don't think the curve is normal enough to haggle over a percentile.

Here is the interpretation from Kellogg for my score.

Total 162 Percentile 96%
Integrated Reasoning 18 Percentile 100%
Verbal Reasoning 12 Percentile 86%
Quantitative Reasoning 12 Percentile 83%

Corresponds to a 730 GMAT
https://www.mba.com/exams/gmat/after-th ... king-means
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Bookmarks
I have a question. Do you know how to time off the timer using the practice tests?

Originally posted by manuelamanrique on 02 May 2020, 19:51.
Last edited by manuelamanrique on 15 Sep 2020, 17:15, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [3]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Hi All,

Has anyone figured out how the section scores are calculated? I have taken 4 official practice tests now but am really confused as to how the sections are scored. Here is a breakdown of scores:

Test 1: 152
IR - 10, 7/12 right
VR - 12, 10/14 right
QR - 10, 9/14 right

Total Wrong: 14

Test 2: 149
IR - 10, 7/12 right
VR - 10, 9/14 right
QR - 9, 9/14 right

Total wrong: 15

Test 3: 152
IR - 12, 10/12 right
VR - 10, 9/14 right
QR - 10, 8/14 right

Total wrong: 13

Test 4: 158
IR - 13, 11/12 right
VR - 13, 11/14 right
QR - 12, 11/14 right

Total Wrong: 7

I am particularly curious about scoring based on my latest test. How is an 11/12 in IR only a 13 out of a theoretical 20? In reality a 13/18?? This doesn't make much sense to me. I was expecting at the very least a 14 here based on getting only 1 question wrong. To improve this score one need only get an additional question right.. would a 12/12 constitute an 18 in that section?? No idea how they give out a 14, 15 or even 16 in sections. I realize there are "difficulties" associated with each question and this may skew section scores, however, a 6/6 in the first section of IR would lead one to think that the following 6 questions in IR would be of higher level and thus ultimately boost the overall section score.

Hopefully these results/breakdowns are useful to other people as they take their practice tests.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
I took the executive assessment online a week ago and got 157 (IR 12, V 10, Q 15).

In the prep exams, I got 154, 162, 156, 152.

The online experience set-up was very challenging and annoying.

I downloaded the software the day before, and run the system check and it's the same software - so I saved some time on the exam day.
It took around 20-25 minutes just to upload the room pictures (super slow), and my ID wasn't recognized at first. After everything was set up, the software stuck (WTF). I restarted my computer and it resumed my test, quite easily.

The test:
- IR was fair (more or less like the prep exams) - I missed only one question because lack of time - and I guessed wrong. The first question took me 5 minutes, and the math was annoying (I only got it right the 2nd time).
- V - was significantly harder than what I've seen. Also, I got a passage about biology, a subject that I wasn't good at when I prepared. The SC was also quite tough, and the CR was really hard. I feel like I could have done better. Time was an issue (I had only 12.5 minutes for the second part). I felt a little bit unlucky, and I could have done better and I should have sacrificed one RC question to do better in the SC and CR.
- Q - was significantly easier than the prep, there was only one question that was a huge time drainer, which a very complicated calculation, and not "friendly" answers, that I ended up guessing.

My perp:
- For the verbal, I used Magoosh (My mother tongue is not English). I do recommend it, although some important SC tips are missing from the lectures, but you can find some important info on their blog. The bottom line is that Magoosh is very cost-effective.
- I didn't study for the quant, just did the prep questions.
- I did all the EA prep, and then I did 5 of the 6 GMAT exams (skipped Geometry), and some GMAT practice (mainly SC, and some Quant)
- GMAT club question of the day was really helpful

The online experience:
- The IR calculator was somewhat different in terms of layout and color than the one on the official practice, but it worked OK-ish.
- The whiteboard is buggy, but it somehow works. It's exactly the same as provided by gmatclub/ea, but - no keyboard shortcuts, no arrows are supported. There's a very annoying bug though: if you use the pane tool (which I used a lot in practice, so I could get back to my calculations if I have any time left) and then the text tool - the text disappears. That took some precious seconds. My solution was to switch to the pen tool on the quant section. With that said, I rather work with the online whiteboard than scratch paper.
- When I think I tend to lean my head on my hand. The proctor wrote to me that it confuses the AI - the chat screen took a few seconds to load, which was annoying. Although I knew that in advance, but I still couldn't help it.
- They don't send you an email with your score, you need to check the EA site every day (it took them 2-3 business days)
- All in all, I'd give the online experience 7/10. For me, it was better to do it in a familiar environment and stress less, than go to the test center and do it on 90's computers.

Tips for the online test:
- Have more than one id with you, since sometimes their AI doesn't work well.
- Download the software a day before, and run the system test.
- I used a foldable laptop stand, and wireless keyboard and mouse.

All in all, I'm happy with my score (although I feel I was unlucky in the Verbal section), and I don't think I'll ever do it again.

Good Luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Bookmarks
Hello everyone, just took the official EA online and waiting for my test results to show up.

I'm a 29 year old (30 in two months!) technical advisor and executive for a consulting firm seeking to pursue an EMBA.

I purchased the official EA prep and had been studying for the GMAT for a little over three months, so I am familiar with the material. One thing I've noticed is that the IR section seems to be very easy on the practice exams, much easier than anything I've seen on the GMAT.

Verbal is more or less the same in practice and actual test. Quant was harder in the actual test for me.

Also, the EA pretty much shows how capitalistic GMAC is. $350 for a SHORTER exam that is targeted for WORKING executives. Nice.

I took four practice exams and scored:

1. 156 (IR11/V13/Q12)
2. 158 (IR10/V11/Q13)
3. 156 (IR11/V13/Q12)
4. 154 (IR10/V11/Q13)

I'm not sure how I'll do on the official exam. I'm a very ANXIOUS and NERVOUS test taker and the online experience magnified that. I came across one or two tough questions on the IR and had to guess. Verbal was slightly tougher but I think I managed it and the same with quant. I came across three tough questions (two of them in the end, with two of them guessed as I was running out of time. TONS of data sufficiency questions, which was annoying. Hopefully I'll be able to score somewhere above 150+ as that's my target.

One thing about the EA that I absolutely love is the fact that you can review questions and move freely within the section. I was actually able to correct TWO questions from this as I had some extra time. VERY USEFUL and much more practical and "real" in my experience. Any decision whilst it's still internal in the business world can be changed if no executive order has been made yet.

Target school likes my application as well as interview. Now they are waiting for the score. Fingers crossed...

Will keep you posted.

Originally posted by Raycalvin90 on 01 Jun 2020, 17:42.
Last edited by Raycalvin90 on 01 Jun 2020, 20:20, edited 2 times in total.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Expert Reply
Raycalvin90 wrote:
Hello everyone, just took the official EA online and waiting for my test results to show up.

I'm a 29 year old (30 in two months!) technical advisor and executive for a consulting firm seeking to pursue an EMBA.

I purchased the official EA prep and had been studying for the GMAT for a little over three months, so I am familiar with the material. One thing I've noticed is that the IR section seems to be very easy on the practice exams, much easier than anything I've seen on the GMAT.

Verbal is more or less the same in practice and actual test. Quant was harder in the actual test for me.

Also, the EA pretty much shows how capitalistic GMAC is. $350 for a SHORTER exam that is targeted for WORKING executives. Nice.

I took four practice exams and scored:

1. 156 (IR11/V13/Q12)
2. 158 (IR10/V11/Q13)
3. 156 (IR11/V13/Q12)
4. 154 (IR10/V11/Q13)

I'm not sure how I'll do on the official exam. I'm a very ANXIOUS and NERVOUS test taker and the online experience magnified that. I came across one or two tough questions on the IR and had to guess. Verbal was slightly tougher but I think I managed it and the same with the quant, I came across three tough questions (two of them in the end, with two of them guessed as I was running out of time. TONS of data sufficiency questions, which was annoying. Hopefully I'll be able to score somewhere above 150+ as that's my target.

One thing about the EA that I absolutely love is the fact that you can review questions and move freely within the section. I was actually able to correct TWO questions from this as I had some extra time. VERY USEFUL and much more practical and "real" in my experience. Any decision whilst it's still internal in the business world can be changed if no executive order has been made yet.

Target school likes my application as well as interview. Now they are waiting for the score. Fingers crossed...

Will keep you posted.

Thank you for sharing your experience. All the best for the results and we look forward to knowing how you scored. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 33
WE:Corporate Finance (Accounting)
Send PM
Just wondering whats the best EA score people have seen? Is something 168+ rare to see?
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [2]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
chand2211 wrote:
Just wondering whats the best EA score people have seen? Is something 168+ rare to see?

I have seen people scoring 174 as the maximum and a lot many people scoring 165+. Here you can find more information about the exam and the %ile scores.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/executive-as ... 22673.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Send PM