Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 00:02 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 00:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [3]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Need suggestions for GMAT scheduled in 20 days [#permalink]
ankban wrote:
I think you need to go through the theory of Verbal thoroughly. Learning from mistakes while attempting questions is a good thing but you need to once go through the entire course.
Now considering your limited time, I would suggest you to hire a private tutor and work with him/her everyday for atleast 3 hours to achieve your goal. For CR Powerscore book is very helpful but you don't have enough time to go through it.

Thanks

Awarding kudos never hurts.

Posted from my mobile device

Hi ankban,

Thanks for your reply.

I checked the Powerscore book, but it will take much more time than I have.
Do you have any experience with Private Tutors? or any suggestions?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Asad wrote:
Formless wrote:
Hi,

Non-native English speaker.
I started my GMAT prep 20-25 back and was aiming to give GMAT this week. After trying 4 official mock test in the last 3 weeks
Test 1 - (640 - Q47/V30), Test 2 - (620 - Q47/V28), Test 3 - (540 - Q44/V21), Test 4 - (590 - Q44/V28)

Considering my profile I am aiming for a minimum 700 to be considered by my preferred B-Schools.

Flaws with my approach:
- question-based approach. Try OG questions and then learn the logic by doing mistakes.
- Unorganized study.

Reason -
- After reviewing Test 1, I figured out that I am lacking with SC and CR + I have to work on my speed for Verbal. And I started following a question-based approach.
- R2 R3 deadlines are approaching in the next 30 days and I wanted a good score before that.

So I have rescheduled my GMAT exam for 10th June. I can dedicate whole my time on studies (till the point it is fruitful)

Question -
I have registered myself for e-GMAT course. Sentence correction lessons are nice but not convincing "for me". Maybe I have to spend some more time on basics. or any other better solution?
CR I not sure how to approach.
Meanwhile, I am also considering an online Tutor if that would make sense to pace up the process?
Any other suggestions based on the situation?

Formless
Hello,
it is very hard to reach 700 within this short period of time (i am not demotivating you) from your recent test score. Is it mandatory to achieve 700 score for your dream b-school?
egmat is very vast things (specially for SC), so if you study from their videos it will just waste your time (i am just saying in this short period of time, it'll not help you)! For SC and CR, you should read the BEST kudos posts from gmatclub (just stick with official products).

You can also watch few videos from 'Thursdays with Ron' from youtube. It'll definitely help you man.
Here you go for the link...
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... s+with+ron

Hope it helps..

Hi Asad,

I understand it is tough to reach 700. But I need to brace up and give my best shot.
700 is not mandatory but still, it will help me to be in a safer pool.

Never heard of "Thursday with Ron", let me check couple of videos and get back to you.

Thanks,
Cheers
Formless wrote:
Asad wrote:
Formless wrote:
Hi,

Non-native English speaker.
I started my GMAT prep 20-25 back and was aiming to give GMAT this week. After trying 4 official mock test in the last 3 weeks
Test 1 - (640 - Q47/V30), Test 2 - (620 - Q47/V28), Test 3 - (540 - Q44/V21), Test 4 - (590 - Q44/V28)

Considering my profile I am aiming for a minimum 700 to be considered by my preferred B-Schools.

Flaws with my approach:
- question-based approach. Try OG questions and then learn the logic by doing mistakes.
- Unorganized study.

Reason -
- After reviewing Test 1, I figured out that I am lacking with SC and CR + I have to work on my speed for Verbal. And I started following a question-based approach.
- R2 R3 deadlines are approaching in the next 30 days and I wanted a good score before that.

So I have rescheduled my GMAT exam for 10th June. I can dedicate whole my time on studies (till the point it is fruitful)

Question -
I have registered myself for e-GMAT course. Sentence correction lessons are nice but not convincing "for me". Maybe I have to spend some more time on basics. or any other better solution?
CR I not sure how to approach.
Meanwhile, I am also considering an online Tutor if that would make sense to pace up the process?
Any other suggestions based on the situation?

Formless
Hello,
it is very hard to reach 700 within this short period of time (i am not demotivating you) from your recent test score. Is it mandatory to achieve 700 score for your dream b-school?
egmat is very vast things (specially for SC), so if you study from their videos it will just waste your time (i am just saying in this short period of time, it'll not help you)! For SC and CR, you should read the BEST kudos posts from gmatclub (just stick with official products).

You can also watch few videos from 'Thursdays with Ron' from youtube. It'll definitely help you man.
Here you go for the link...

Hope it helps..

Hi Asad,

I understand it is tough to reach 700. But I need to brace up and give my best shot.
700 is not mandatory but still, it will help me to be in a safer pool.

Never heard of "Thursday with Ron", let me check couple of videos and get back to you.

Thanks,
Cheers

"Thursday with Ron" is the best materials for GMAT in this planet!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 187
Send PM
Hi Asad. You said "Thursday with Ron" is the best materials for GMAT in this planet!
I saw your reply in this post. I am wondering if I should go through "Thursday with Ron videos" for RC and CR. I would really appreciate if you would suggest me which part of " Thursday with Ron " is good. For Example- Is it good for Verbal or Quant section?

Verve42
Verve42 wrote:
Hi Asad. You said "Thursday with Ron" is the best materials for GMAT in this planet!
I saw your reply in this post. I am wondering if I should go through "Thursday with Ron videos" for RC and CR. I would really appreciate if you would suggest me which part of " Thursday with Ron " is good. For Example- Is it good for Verbal or Quant section?

Verve42

Verve42
Wherever you got RonPurewal 's post just read them. Ron's explanation is more than awesome for both quant and verbal.

https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/foru ... er111.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 187
Send PM
Thank you Asad for your valuable reply. I will go through the link.

Verve42
GMAT Club Bot