Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 14:13 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 14:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 690 Q50 V34
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake ! [#permalink]
donesd wrote:
chanyb wrote:
Hey guys,

Just received an email from my AO saying that my submission was incomplete because the IELTS was missing (which i did not take yet). And that no interview decision can be released without the english exam official score reports!!!!!
To be honest that caught me by surprise. I though we had more time. Anyone facing the same issue?

Johnny

Is your university degree taught exclusively in English? Any means for you to take any of the INSEAD-recognized language tests? (https://www.insead.edu/sites/default/fi ... f_2020.pdf)

No. I have to take the IELTS or similar english tests. But i thought i had more time. That is my issue

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44 (Online)
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
tujnguyen wrote:
I've just got an email from INSEAD saying:

"In case you have not already received this information, we would like to inform you that due to a high volume of applications, we have extended the Round 2 interview decision deadline by one week. So, if your file is currently under review, 26 June is the latest date by which you should hear from us."

So it's said, the volume of applications has indeed increased.

Yep I got the same email from SH. Did everyone else get it too?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Blissfullll wrote:
tujnguyen wrote:

"In case you have not already received this information, we would like to inform you that due to a high volume of applications, we have extended the Round 2 interview decision deadline by one week. So, if your file is currently under review, 26 June is the latest date by which you should hear from us."

Yep I got the same email from SH. Did everyone else get it too?

I haven't received such email.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Hi everyone,

Anyone got in touch with INSEAD regarding GMAT/ GRE scores.
I am aware deadline is 20th July but any country specific or other detail that can be added to this information?
Any idea how absence of scores will impact the evaluation before 24 June? I haven't submitted my scores yet. I gave GMAT online but my score is too less to report so I am aiming retest by end of june. How many of you have submitted the scores? If not then when are you planning?

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
GRE 1: Q165 V151
Send PM
Kudos
I also received an email about the delay interview invite schedule.
chanyb I emailed the AO asking the same question regarding GMAT/GRE and she said as long as I take them before the program starts, it'll be fine
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
tujnguyen wrote:

I have received the same

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
subhodipban wrote:
tujnguyen wrote:

I have received the same

Subhodipban, who is your AO?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rosarosa wrote:
chanyb I emailed the AO asking the same question regarding GMAT/GRE and she said as long as I take them before the program starts, it'll be fine

It seems that they don't have the same flexibility when it comes to english test (IELTS/TOEFL). Anyway, I emailed my AO yesterday asking for clarifications, and if it would be possible to give us more time to take the test. I'm not very optimistic about it, but let's see if they will accept.

Johnny
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Given Kudos: 132
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28 (Online)
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.23
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
chanyb wrote:
rosarosa wrote:

It seems that they don't have the same flexibility when it comes to english test (IELTS/TOEFL). Anyway, I emailed my AO yesterday asking for clarifications, and if it would be possible to give us more time to take the test. I'm not very optimistic about it, but let's see if they will accept.

Johnny

I believe it is understandable, if they are not sure you can attend a demanding program in English how they could offer you a place? They were really strict with the requirements, I studied 3/4 of my degree in English but as it was not the only language for teaching they did not accept it (I believe in the current situation if I could not be taking a test they may provide some extra time to provide it).

You can do the TOEFL from home, so there is no excuse, if you have the level it is not so hard to prepare for it, just the speaking section needs some practice to be familiar with it, and you have free official prep materials (even courses), so despite the cost, I do not see why should not be taken.

Remember that they are quite strict with the grade, it would make no sense to spend time evaluating a profile or to make an offer to someone without the test when someone else may have applied with a 104 and has been rejected.

Regards,
Pablo
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Send PM
doesgreymatter wrote:
AAspirations wrote:
pabpinor wrote:
AAspirations wrote:
tujnguyen wrote:
Does anyone know if INSEAD maintain a quota for each nationality?

Yes, they do. What's yours? From your name, it looks like you're not from an over represented pool.

I am with @doesgrwymatter here, what they say is that there is no specific quota, but they want a diverse class, so they won't have too many people from a certain nationality.

tujnguyen I do believe that being a Singaporean of Vietnamese origin, you can be fitted in any of those, you may have more options than others.

AAspirations, you can have multiple passports (not if you are Indian, Chinese or Singaporean) so it cannot be 100% related to your passports.

Regards,
Pablo

If you're a citizen of multiple countries and hold multiple passports, then I don't know how they will see that. But having a percentage for each nationality is very similar to having a maximum quota.

Not really. The term "Quota" would mean that a certain set of seats are reserved for a particular nationality. That is probably not what INSEAD promotes. When they state/express desire for an upper ceiling for a particular nationality (which BTW is probably not set in stone), all they are trying to achieve is a diverse class.
And that does not necessarily translate to a percentage for each nationality. So in essence, there is no quota, but a conscious effort to have as diverse a class as possible.

I heard from an alum that INSEAD has restriction of 10% per country
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
Kudos
AAspirations wrote:
subhodipban wrote:
tujnguyen wrote:

I have received the same

Hii. My AO is Estelle. Who is your AO ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Can someone help me understand the whole language requirements? If I grew up in a bilingual country (French and English) and I put down English as my mother tongue, French as Fluent, do I need to take any language test? I was not educated in English.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
subhodipban wrote:
AAspirations wrote:
subhodipban wrote:
tujnguyen wrote:

I have received the same

Hii. My AO is Estelle. Who is your AO ?

Jennifer.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
slimmz2004 wrote:
Can someone help me understand the whole language requirements? If I grew up in a bilingual country (French and English) and I put down English as my mother tongue, French as Fluent, do I need to take any language test? I was not educated in English.

It's mentioned in INSEAD's language policy online (https://www.insead.edu/sites/default/fi ... f_2020.pdf).

If you put English as your native language/mother tongue, then you need to provide certification of your second language (which in your case is French). The different means of certification can be found on page 6 of INSEAD's language policy.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
I just got an email from my AO. I opened it excitedly only to see that my file is complete and is ready for review.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Send PM
AAspirations wrote:
I just got an email from my AO. I opened it excitedly only to see that my file is complete and is ready for review.

Were you expecting an interview invite email? It would be too early for that.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
AAspirations wrote:

Haha I felt the same when I received that email

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  21   22   23   24   25   26   27  ...  84   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts