Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 03:15 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 137 [1]
Given Kudos: 33
Concentration: Finance
Schools: CBS (M)
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GPA: 3.87
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Given Kudos: 132
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28 (Online)
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.23
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [2]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
Kudos
GMAT Online dates beyond June 15 are available right now. I can see slots up to July 17.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Kudos
Yes, slots are extended till 17th July
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [3]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 3: 720 Q45 V44
Send PM
Kudos
Hi All,

I just took the GMAT again in a test center after taking the online version a few weeks ago and I think the results point out in the same direction as some other members'.

I scored a 660 on the online version (Q48 V34) and I just walked out with a 700 (Q44 V41, IR7). I obviously killed the quant section but I attribute it to a bad day and therefore not representative. I have never scored under 47 an typically have been at 49.

With that in mind and seeing that I am not the first one to mention it, I believe the verbal section of the online version does not match the real one and, while there is nothing to lose from taking the online version, it should not discourage anyone who has failed to get their expected score on the online Verbal.

Of course this is just MY case but hopefully it will be useful for people to develop their own opinion.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45 (Online)
Send PM
pfrancisco wrote:
Hi All,

I just took the GMAT again in a test center after taking the online version a few weeks ago and I think the results point out in the same direction as some other members'.

I scored a 660 on the online version (Q48 V34) and I just walked out with a 700 (Q44 V41, IR7). I obviously killed the quant section but I attribute it to a bad day and therefore not representative. I have never scored under 47 an typically have been at 49.

With that in mind and seeing that I am not the first one to mention it, I believe the verbal section of the online version does not match the real one and, while there is nothing to lose from taking the online version, it should not discourage anyone who has failed to get their expected score on the online Verbal.

Of course this is just MY case but hopefully it will be useful for people to develop their own opinion.

Hi Pfrancisco ,

Congratulations on a great score !

Can you please elaborate as to what all differences (Question content, difficulty, algorithm etc) did you notice in the verbal & quant sections of Online vs Test center GMAT ?

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [2]
Given Kudos: 132
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28 (Online)
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.23
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Kudos
pfrancisco wrote:
Hi All,

Congratulations!

I hope I have the same shift at the test center with my low performing verbal at the online gmat, I will be focused to avoid killing Quant.

Regards,
Pablo
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72864 [1]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Congrats on your score!!!
It is interesting to see that you have changed and swapped the scores quite a bit.

PS. I don’t know that I have seen a direction or apoplectic saying the quant or verbal were ANY different on any format of the test. People and testtakers including myself are usually bad judges of question difficulty or test difficulty. Most of us believe that when we are answering questions well, we will get a good score. The reality is the opposite.

pfrancisco wrote:
Hi All,

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Hi All,

With hope to get support I am reaching out for much needed help with my GMAT journey. After 4 weeks of practicing GMAT and scoring 480 on my first diagnostic test, yesterday I sit an online GMAT test and it didn't go well. Somehow I was struggling with basic questions, and my mind spaced out and completely have lost concentration. Also the background noise (Neigbour celebrating and singing happy birthday) didn't help at all.

I purchased some time ago the Manhattan Prep set, and also Kaplan self-study course. After reviewing all videos from Kaplan I got even more confused when I tried to apply methodology. I learnt the basic from each topic and somehow that was not sufficient to perform well on GMAT. My target score is 680. I plan on to retake GMAT in September and hoping to get 680. Is that realistic?

What are your thoughts on this study plan:

1. First month - mastering each topic within Quant and moving to another topic when I score at least 90% correct.
2. Second month - starting with verbal SC and mastering each topic and moving to another Verbal section until I get most of the question correct.
3. Third month - Practicing both verbal and quant from OG and giving mock tests.

Thanks,

Confused N :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
It is interesting to see that you have changed and swapped the scores quite a bit.

PS. I don’t know that I have seen a direction or apoplectic saying the quant or verbal were ANY different on any format of the test. People and testtakers including myself are usually bad judges of question difficulty or test difficulty. Most of us believe that when we are answering questions well, we will get a good score. The reality is the opposite.

pfrancisco wrote:
Hi All,

Hi bb,

It is indeed a big shift but the reason is that the past (several) weeks I have been focused on verbal which was my biggest weakness and I haven't done much for quant. I noticed as soon as I started doing the first problems that I was mentally slow and not as agile as usual, that's why I know it is not representative of my regular quant level.

I do not think the difference between online and 'physical' verbal lies in the format, but to be honest I really can't tell what it was...only that I do think that there is something different.

I also know what you mean about judging the difficulty. For me a feeling of increasing difficulty while doing Quant typically leads to a higher score (it makes sense), whereas for Verbal I can tell when I am doing well and normally matches the score.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72864 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Definitely helps to have a perspective!

Congratulations on your score again. I also wanted to mention that You can definitely get both your quant and verbal scores up to probably at least 730 or maybe even 750. It is fairly common for a person who is strong in one area and is focusing all their efforts in another, to flip their strength and weakness. This is because a lot of the success depends on the new one same questions and a little things that we are holding a short term memory. If you take a long enough break, without staying in shape, you lose points.

pfrancisco wrote:
bb wrote:

pfrancisco wrote:
Hi All,

Hi bb,

It is indeed a big shift but the reason is that the past (several) weeks I have been focused on verbal which was my biggest weakness and I haven't done much for quant. I noticed as soon as I started doing the first problems that I was mentally slow and not as agile as usual, that's why I know it is not representative of my regular quant level.

I do not think the difference between online and 'physical' verbal lies in the format, but to be honest I really can't tell what it was...only that I do think that there is something different.

I also know what you mean about judging the difficulty. For me a feeling of increasing difficulty while doing Quant typically leads to a higher score (it makes sense), whereas for Verbal I can tell when I am doing well and normally matches the score.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
bb wrote:
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Definitely helps to have a perspective!

Congratulations on your score again. I also wanted to mention that You can definitely get both your quant and verbal scores up to probably at least 730 or maybe even 750. It is fairly common for a person who is strong in one area and is focusing all their efforts in another, to flip their strength and weakness. This is because a lot of the success depends on the new one same questions and a little things that we are holding a short term memory. If you take a long enough break, without staying in shape, you lose points.

pfrancisco wrote:
bb wrote:

pfrancisco wrote:
Hi All,

Hi bb,

Thanks bb!

I am planning on retaking it and while I am aware that 750 is quite a big step I do feel like I can get it up to 720 if I maintain today's verbal score and bring up the quant back to normal.
It's great to get your input as well!
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
I feel you totally can get to 740 at least based on your sectional scores. Now your goal is to defend your verbal score based on the last performance (don’t abandon verbal) and to also beef up quant scores and restore your quant skills.

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Do you know your score already Knelle87?

I would wait on the score before planning... though never too early I guess...

Knelle87 wrote:
Hi All,

With hope to get support I am reaching out for much needed help with my GMAT journey. After 4 weeks of practicing GMAT and scoring 480 on my first diagnostic test, yesterday I sit an online GMAT test and it didn't go well. Somehow I was struggling with basic questions, and my mind spaced out and completely have lost concentration. Also the background noise (Neigbour celebrating and singing happy birthday) didn't help at all.

I purchased some time ago the Manhattan Prep set, and also Kaplan self-study course. After reviewing all videos from Kaplan I got even more confused when I tried to apply methodology. I learnt the basic from each topic and somehow that was not sufficient to perform well on GMAT. My target score is 680. I plan on to retake GMAT in September and hoping to get 680. Is that realistic?

What are your thoughts on this study plan:

1. First month - mastering each topic within Quant and moving to another topic when I score at least 90% correct.
2. Second month - starting with verbal SC and mastering each topic and moving to another Verbal section until I get most of the question correct.
3. Third month - Practicing both verbal and quant from OG and giving mock tests.

Thanks,

Confused N :)

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
FYI - MBA.com got updated today (after the reports of July 17th date).
Unfortunately it is still not possible to re-take the GMAT online :(

https://www.mba.com/exams/gmat-online

Quote:
Appointment dates are available beginning April 20, 2020 until July 17, 2020. We will continue to monitor conditions and look to add future appointment dates as needed.

Quote:
At this time the GMAT™ Online exam can only be taken once. Currently, score cancellations and retakes will not be available, with the exception of verified technical issues.

The GMAT™ Online Exam will not count toward your yearly nor lifetime exam attempt limits.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
Hi everyone

I was supposed to take the Online GMAT exam tomorrow, but I just found this thread and totally changed my mind bc my weakness is verbal and I have got quite comfortable with the online whiteboard for quant section, so quant is not my concern.
However, since there's already less than 24 hours left to my online exam, I wasn't able to cancel that exam, so I just rescheduled it to Monday and booked an appointment at the test center for Friday June 4th! Does anyone know whether they let me write it in the test center or not because I already have an online appointment booked in 5 days?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 90 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
JL2020 wrote:
Hi everyone

I was supposed to take the Online GMAT exam tomorrow, but I just found this thread and totally changed my mind bc my weakness is verbal and I have got quite comfortable with the online whiteboard for quant section, so quant is not my concern.
However, since there's already less than 24 hours left to my online exam, I wasn't able to cancel that exam, so I just rescheduled it to Monday and booked an appointment at the test center for Friday June 4th! Does anyone know whether they let me write it in the test center or not because I already have an online appointment booked in 5 days?

Hey JL2020 ,

Your test center appointment and the online GMAT are not related to each other and it doesn't matter even if you have both the tests on the same day.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
I am so grateful I read this topic, I had no idea its such a nightmare. I thought the experience can even be better than the test center.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Apoorv07 wrote:
Hi,

How much is Reschedule Fee?

Hi Apoorv07,

An online GMAT reschedule fee is $10 if you reschedule more than a week prior to your exam.

You should have received an email with details about cancellation and reschedule policy.

Cheers,
D

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  58   59   60   61   62  ...  183