Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:15 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [1]
Given Kudos: 15
GRE 1: Q168 V157
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake ! [#permalink]
Kudos
AAspirations

I know nothing guarantees an admission. As a filmmaker, I am working with Netflix-India on various production of movies, seasons, and advertisements.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GRE 1: Q168 V157
Send PM
donesd

Got it
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Given Kudos: 132
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28 (Online)
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.23
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Has anyone taken the GMAT after submitting the application and forwarded it to INSEAD?

I did send it to my AO via email and also through the mba.com website, but I have not heard back from her yet (and a week has passed).
She had asked me to send her the result as soon as I got it but it seems weird that she did not confirm the reception of the score.

Regards,
Pablo
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V34
GPA: 3
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
pabpinor wrote:
Has anyone taken the GMAT after submitting the application and forwarded it to INSEAD?

I did send it to my AO via email and also through the mba.com website, but I have not heard back from her yet (and a week has passed).
She had asked me to send her the result as soon as I got it but it seems weird that she did not confirm the reception of the score.

Regards,
Pablo

Hi Pablo - yes, I did exactly that. Submitted my app early May and wrote the GMAT on May 18th. I reached out to my AO after receiving my score and she acknowledged receipt fairly quickly (within 24 hours). Doesn't hurt to follow up again. The AO's are likely swamped.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
GRE 1: Q165 V151
Send PM
Kudos
adityadhar23 wrote:
pabpinor wrote:

Regards,
Pablo

Hi Pablo - yes, I did exactly that. Submitted my app early May and wrote the GMAT on May 18th. I reached out to my AO after receiving my score and she acknowledged receipt fairly quickly (within 24 hours). Doesn't hurt to follow up again. The AO's are likely swamped.

I emailed GRE score to AO as well. It took her a few days to get back. She must be swamped so I wouldn’t worry ab it.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 89
Schools: Fuqua '23 (D)
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
pabpinor wrote:

Regards,
Pablo

Hi Pablo

Congratulations on taking the gmat
What was your score ?
I plan to take on July 15
Hopefully that should not delay anything.
Good luck to everyone ! It seems a lot of people have applied which is quite the opposite of what we thought

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Hello All,
Do we need to take the GMAT before 20th July?
Like shall i focus on GMAT now or wait for the school to call for interviews..there is no point preparing for GMAT if profile get rejected at interview stage itself.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Send PM
DailySeeker wrote:
Hello All,
Like shall i focus on GMAT now or wait for the school to call for interviews..there is no point preparing for GMAT if profile get rejected at interview stage itself.

They will let you know ! No need to take as of now .

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
I have a doubt.. Will Insead declare the success or failure in the admission process before we share the GMAT score. The last date for the GMAT score submission is 20th July but the decision dates are from 21st June.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
I was just thinking about interview invites this year, do you think INSEAD will send out more invites this year? INSEAD has one of the highest acceptance rates post interview. However, if the GMAT/GRE isn't submitted, and post interview, if a candidate is unable to secure a competitive score, that would mean higher rejections post interview. Still unable to understand INSEAD's stand here, since its not a complete waiver of scores.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
subhodipban wrote:
I have a doubt.. Will Insead declare the success or failure in the admission process before we share the GMAT score. The last date for the GMAT score submission is 20th July but the decision dates are from 21st June.

They might give you a conditional offer but now that gmat online is here we might have to give before 20th July
Where did you read this information ?
Can you please share ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
subhodipban wrote:

Hi,

INSEAD will let you know whether you are shortlisted for interviews without a GMAT score. You can take the test after you receive an invite and before the final decision date.

I am however, taking it right after 15th June (that is when the lockdown ends in my country).

Thanks,
Aditya
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
Hey fatnani you can check it in my profile I got only 650 (Q50, V28, IR8), so I will be retaking in in a Test Center, I sent it anyway explaining that I will retake as I got my lowest ever score on Verbal by far.

I would strongly advise you against taking it on July 15th, probably you will be put in WL if you were going to get an offer. It will take you some time to get the official score and they decide before July 17th.

The number of applicants has been probably higher than in other years because of Covid, you have many people whitelisted from US schools that do not want to take a chance to see if they get it without a safe offer on hand, and others that may fear their visa will not come through. I'm not specially worried about the numbers, at least here in the forum there is not such a big crowd and I assume this can be a more or less reliable % of candidates.

Regards,
Pablo

fatnani wrote:
pabpinor wrote:

Regards,
Pablo

Hi Pablo

What was your score ?
Good luck to everyone ! It seems a lot of people have applied which is quite the opposite of what we thought

Intern
Intern
Send PM
doesgreymatter wrote:
I was just thinking about interview invites this year, do you think INSEAD will send out more invites this year? INSEAD has one of the highest acceptance rates post interview. However, if the GMAT/GRE isn't submitted, and post interview, if a candidate is unable to secure a competitive score, that would mean higher rejections post interview. Still unable to understand INSEAD's stand here, since its not a complete waiver of scores.

Interesting thought. I guess this would depend on how many good applications they have with a decent score.
If they have enough of them, I don't see why they would send more invites.

Thanks,
Aditya
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [1]
Send PM
pabpinor wrote:
Hey fatnani you can check it in my profile I got only 650 (Q50, V28, IR8), so I will be retaking in in a Test Center, I sent it anyway explaining that I will retake as I got my lowest ever score on Verbal by far.

I would strongly advise you against taking it on July 15th, probably you will be put in WL if you were going to get an offer. It will take you some time to get the official score and they decide before July 17th.

The number of applicants has been probably higher than in other years because of Covid, you have many people whitelisted from US schools that do not want to take a chance to see if they get it without a safe offer on hand, and others that may fear their visa will not come through. I'm not specially worried about the numbers, at least here in the forum there is not such a big crowd and I assume this can be a more or less reliable % of candidates.

Regards,
Pablo

fatnani wrote:
pabpinor wrote:

Regards,
Pablo

Hi Pablo

What was your score ?

Thanks Pablo
I hear your suggestion
GMAC is sharing within 2 days the score to schools but I would definitely not like to be waitlisted or delayed because of this.
I will be taking it earlier ! Thanks pablo this helps !
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
Seriously guys, I could not take the GMAT before because of a job interview and then Covid, but I do not see how we should not be kind of "downgraded" by the adcom somehow versus the candidates that submitted their applications with a GMAT score.

To be clear, a GMAT score (or GRE) is needed to send an application, due to this unforeseen circumstance the policy has been relaxed, but for anyone applying in R2 they should have had the GMAT taken before May 20th, otherwise, their applications would have not been accepted.
If you think you need more time, maybe is better than you talk to your AO and delay your evaluation to R3, but with the GMAT online available, etc I feel that taking the GMAT on July 15th, or thinking that "there is no point preparing for GMAT if profile get rejected at interview stage itself" like DailySeeker should really weight you down and probably you won't make it in. It does not seem fair to the other candidates, and without any offense, I'm sure I would not like to have in my study group someone with that approach.

I'm just another candidate, you better check with your AO on that, but I would say if you have not started preparing the GMAT yet, with less than a month you won't be getting close to what it is required.

Regards,
Pablo

DailySeeker wrote:
Hello All,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
pabpinor wrote:
Seriously guys, I could not take the GMAT before because of a job interview and then Covid, but I do not see how we should not be kind of "downgraded" by the adcom somehow versus the candidates that submitted their applications with a GMAT score.

To be clear, a GMAT score (or GRE) is needed to send an application, due to this unforeseen circumstance the policy has been relaxed, but for anyone applying in R2 they should have had the GMAT taken before May 20th, otherwise, their applications would have not been accepted.
If you think you need more time, maybe is better than you talk to your AO and delay your evaluation to R3, but with the GMAT online available, etc I feel that taking the GMAT on July 15th, or thinking that "there is no point preparing for GMAT if profile get rejected at interview stage itself" like DailySeeker should really weight you down and probably you won't make it in. It does not seem fair to the other candidates, and without any offense, I'm sure I would not like to have in my study group someone with that approach.

I'm just another candidate, you better check with your AO on that, but I would say if you have not started preparing the GMAT yet, with less than a month you won't be getting close to what it is required.

Regards,
Pablo

DailySeeker wrote:
Hello All,

I agree. Applicants who have a GMAT score have demonstrated better planning. Also, its one more data point for Ad-com to consider when the applications have inadvertently increased.
Waiting for an interview invite to take the test is probably not the best approach.
Personally, I cannot take the online GMAT even with the physical whiteboard allowed due to unreliable internet connectivity and electricity issues where I live. I will, however, take it right after lockdown ends on 15th June.

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  23   24   25   26   27   28   29  ...  84   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts