Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:59 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 89
Schools: Fuqua '23 (D)
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake ! [#permalink]
Curious here. How many days after the mail that your application is complete did you get the interview call? A few of us here have just got an "application complete" email and a few others have not!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [2]
Given Kudos: 132
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28 (Online)
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.23
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Kudos
I would not kill myself over when they send the invites, there are three more weeks till the deadline.

My assumption is that for some nationalities the AOs had fewer candidates than others so they were able to sort them out easily, we all will get an answer in the next three weeks so many will have our patience tested for a little longer :D

Regards,
Pablo
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi all, I wondered if anyone with the AO AN had received a notification that their file was complete, or indeed an interview invite!

Best of luck to all.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
AAspirations wrote:
Curious here. How many days after the mail that your application is complete did you get the interview call? A few of us here have just got an "application complete" email and a few others have not!

Indians being the most over representative group usually get the interview invites towards the very end.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi everyone, any FB/Whatsa*pp group for Jan 21 intake offer holders? Kindly let me know how to add myself to one or whether I should open one. Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GRE 1: Q168 V157
Send PM
MZMelon

Please do the honour to start one!
Please add pabpinor
Manager
Manager
Send PM
pabpinor wrote:
I would not kill myself over when they send the invites, there are three more weeks till the deadline.

My assumption is that for some nationalities the AOs had fewer candidates than others so they were able to sort them out easily, we all will get an answer in the next three weeks so many will have our patience tested for a little longer :D

Regards,
Pablo

Being an indian I will have to be super patient ! ?

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
OK, so I've opened a FB group under the name: INSEAD 21J Intake Offer Holders
Anyone for whom this is relevant is welcomed to join in!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
I have not yet received even an interview invite so I should not be in the group.

AmitPandey250 for what I know you have not even applied yet so you shouldn't either, no?

Regards,
Pablo

AmitPandey250 wrote:
MZMelon

Please do the honour to start one!
Please add pabpinor
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Hey Guys!
I did read some posts on the forum where a request was made for an early decision owing to a deadline to accept an offer from another business school.
What do you guys think about making this request? I do have a deposit deadline for June 30th (possibly extendable to July 15th).

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
You can always try, but June 30th seems really impossible.
By July 15th you probably should have heard back from INSEAD if it is a yes...

Regards,
Pablo

doesgreymatter wrote:
Hey Guys!
I did read some posts on the forum where a request was made for an early decision owing to a deadline to accept an offer from another business school.
What do you guys think about making this request? I do have a deposit deadline for June 30th (possibly extendable to July 15th).

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
GRE 1: Q165 V151
Send PM
the anxiety that I became so familiar with starts kicking in you guys haha
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 342
Send PM
So I applied without the GMAT and I am really offended by some of the comments here making accusations about people who have sent in applications with GMAT (I sent my application in May 20th still haven't gotten an application complete email which is driving me crazy)
It's not just some person from a remote region of China that has issues with the online GMAT
I lived in the USA in North New Jersey which is peak covid
I have a lung issue which means that my wife and I could not go out at all because we were already warned by our doctor that if I got COVID I am a dead man. Simple as that. And after losing a loved one who was perfectly healthy before and being told after 20 days on a ventilator he was finally turning the corner only to die that same night, we have taken 0 chances.
My apartment building houses nearly all the young doctors at the hospital 1 mile from us which has turned into one of the largest COVID hospitals in the state
Our internet service has not always been the best and since the COVID lockdown we have had random internet slowdowns or downtimes nearly daily.
I was scheduled to take the GMAT 3 days after my state decided to shutdown which would have been "more than enough time" to submit the application with a GMAT but GMAC decided to shutdown everything.
So how exactly is a person like me supposed to take a GMAT in a small apartment with unstable internet and an incredibly barky dog that we can't take out longer than 10 minutes because we cannot risk any type of exposure.

So please go on and tell people like me how we should have taken the online GMAT when it's nearly impossible to. I am already anxious about waiting for email about the application and interviews especially since besides the GMAT I think I have a very strong profile. Im a Jewish american that spent 10 years in Asia 4 of those working as a strategy consultant in Myanmar, Thailand, and China, speak 3 Asian languages not including 2 dialects of Chinese fluently and did my graduate degree abroad at top tier school in London and did my undergraduate with honors at a top 10 US uni and came back to the US to help turn around a small publicly traded tech company. So all you throwing scorn at people taking "advantage" of this situation, maybe if you went through the pain, sorrow, and frustration of living in a COVID hot zone you would have a different attitude.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [4]
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
Kudos
I think lets not take this too far. We all are doing what's best for ourselves here, and we also all try to best understand each other's struggle. Let's focus more on supporting each other.

Ilmisrael wrote:
So I applied without the GMAT and I am really offended by some of the comments here making accusations about people who have sent in applications with GMAT (I sent my application in May 20th still haven't gotten an application complete email which is driving me crazy)
It's not just some person from a remote region of China that has issues with the online GMAT
I have a lung issue which means that my wife and I could not go out at all because we were already warned by our doctor that if I got COVID I am a dead man. Simple as that. And after losing a loved one who was perfectly healthy before and being told after 20 days on a ventilator he was finally turning the corner only to die that same night, we have taken 0 chances.
My apartment building houses nearly all the young doctors at the hospital 1 mile from us which has turned into one of the largest COVID hospitals in the state
Our internet service has not always been the best and since the COVID lockdown we have had random internet slowdowns or downtimes nearly daily.
I was scheduled to take the GMAT 3 days after my state decided to shutdown which would have been "more than enough time" to submit the application with a GMAT but GMAC decided to shutdown everything.
So how exactly is a person like me supposed to take a GMAT in a small apartment with unstable internet and an incredibly barky dog that we can't take out longer than 10 minutes because we cannot risk any type of exposure.

So please go on and tell people like me how we should have taken the online GMAT when it's nearly impossible to. I am already anxious about waiting for email about the application and interviews especially since besides the GMAT I think I have a very strong profile. Im a Jewish american that spent 10 years in Asia 4 of those working as a strategy consultant in Myanmar, Thailand, and China, speak 3 Asian languages not including 2 dialects of Chinese fluently and did my graduate degree abroad at top tier school in London and did my undergraduate with honors at a top 10 US uni and came back to the US to help turn around a small publicly traded tech company. So all you throwing scorn at people taking "advantage" of this situation, maybe if you went through the pain, sorrow, and frustration of living in a COVID hot zone you would have a different attitude.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Kudos
Ilmisrael wrote:

Agree with you completely. Sending you a lot of support. I doubt INSEAD will be so short-sighted as to downgrade the non-GMAT/GRE applications like some have said. Do not worry. Otherwise there will indeed be uproar and quite public indignation. With you on this. Take care of yourself.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
GRE 1: Q165 V151
Send PM
Kudos
DuaQuad wrote:
Ilmisrael wrote:

Agree with you completely. Sending you a lot of support. I doubt INSEAD will be so short-sighted as to downgrade the non-GMAT/GRE applications like some have said. Do not worry. Otherwise there will indeed be uproar and quite public indignation. With you on this. Take care of yourself.

I agreed with you too. There are unforeseen and unexpected circumstances leading to people cannot take exam on time. Delaying submission of test score is demonstration of empathy that every school advocates for. Best of luck.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Hi Ilmisrael sorry if my words have been taken too broadly, from your story you seem to fit under the "guy in lockdown from China" I meant that as a generalization of someone that did not take the GMAT in advance, could not take it before applying and now is unable too. My point is that Covid disrupted many people and from comments here and some pm I got I have seen messages of "I would not take it even if I can because I probably will have more chances of getting in", or the "I won't bother the take the GMAT unless I'm selected for an interview, what's the point" and the "I did not send my GMAT low results, will try to make it through without".

That said I'm sure you can explain to the school your specific situation, but if a third of the applicants fail to provide a GMAT/GRE before the deadline, probably they will have to find a different way to sort them out, or they will move them to the R3. We have to understand that they have a process to compare our profiles and if we do not give them a full picture they will require other means, and those won't be as accurate and probably cannot be standardized or scaled as the current process.

I hope the situation improves there soon and you can take it without issues, I had to take it at home with noise plus the technical issues and surely was not a nice experience nor outcome.

I did not vent here my personal situation but I can assure you that is not easy, and I'm happy with my attitude, as you say, I'm just against people taking advantage (like the cases I exposed), if you recall, I already told you I believe you have a strong profile in the profile evaluation thread so do not take it personally.
ELATIKA made a good point regarding the relative importance of the GMAT in the overall application, and it is even more accentuated in INSEAD, I'm quite sure that they won't overlook someone for not providing a GMAT.

Regards,
Pablo

Ilmisrael wrote:

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  25   26   27   28   29   30   31  ...  84   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts