Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 19:18 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
GPA: 3.78
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [2]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [5]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [2]
Send PM
Re: Kellogg Future Leaders Deferred MBA Program [#permalink]
Kudos
Just got off the phone with Kellogg. They have already reviewed all applications a few times. They will keep having multiple admissions officers go through the apps a few more times and decide if any candidates should be called for interviews. They are at the tail-end of this process and will call only a few more people to speak with. I’m assuming it’s like 5 to 6 more people, max.

Unlike regular MBA admissions, an interview is mandatory to move on in the Kellogg Future Leaders Application process. Further, getting an interview invite is much more selective in this process than it is in the regular process, where they try to interview everyone. If you have made it too the interview stage, chances are that you stand a very good shot at getting into the program unless you goofed up the interview somehow.

Updates regarding interview status should be made by the end of this week for all applicants. If you haven’t gotten an interview by now, don’t hold your breath—apply again during the regular admissions process once you’ve gained some work experience and strong extracurricular involvement.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
pnandi3 wrote:
Just got off the phone with Kellogg. They have already reviewed all applications a few times. They will keep having multiple admissions officers go through the apps a few more times and decide if any candidates should be called for interviews. They are at the tail-end of this process and will call only a few more people to speak with. I’m assuming it’s like 5 to 6 more people, max.

Unlike regular MBA admissions, an interview is mandatory to move on in the Kellogg Future Leaders Application process. Further, getting an interview invite is much more selective in this process than it is in the regular process, where they try to interview everyone. If you have made it too the interview stage, chances are that you stand a very good shot at getting into the program unless you goofed up the interview somehow.

Updates regarding interview status should be made by the end of this week for all applicants.

Whoa! Thanks for getting that update to us. I know you’ve been looking for this interview, bud. Hope it comes through.

Did they clarify anything for candidates that have been interviewed? If they’ve already reviewed many candidates are they releasing decisions in batches? One page on the site says decision “by” July 29 and the other says “on” the 29th
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [0]
Send PM
thembaclub wrote:
pnandi3 wrote:

Updates regarding interview status should be made by the end of this week for all applicants.

Whoa! Thanks for getting that update to us. I know you’ve been looking for this interview, bud. Hope it comes through.

Did they clarify anything for candidates that have been interviewed? If they’ve already reviewed many candidates are they releasing decisions in batches? One page on the site says decision “by” July 29 and the other says “on” the 29th

Sorry, I don’t have much info on this. I’m not sure if they will roll out final decisions in batches for interviewed candidates or just give everyone a final response on the 29th.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Given Kudos: 24
Schools: Kellogg '24
Send PM
Kudos

Originally posted by rinu1agar on 30 Jun 2020, 09:46.
Last edited by rinu1agar on 08 Jul 2020, 00:35, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [4]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Kudos
Hi all, just noticed this thread. I had my interview earlier in June and I’m waiting for the July 29th decision day. My interviewer told me that decisions will not be rolling. A lot of my questions were already shared in this thread, and my interview time was 31 minutes. Overall it was very conversational and I thought it went well.

I applied to 5 deferred programs, and so far I’ve been rejected from everyone except Kellogg, which was my only interview. I’m hoping it pulls through. Applied with GRE. Best of luck to everyone waiting!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hey people. Had my interview with alumnus/adcom yesterday. The whole process lasted for about 45 minutes and the last 5-7 minutes was dedicated to answering my questions. Questions asked were basically 50% from the list rinu1agar posted and 50% from the list abhi271097 posted. Hope this helps also.

From one of the admissions assitants, I heard that they have completely waived the GMAT/GRE requirement for the KFL program also, meaning that it is possible for us to get an unconditional offer without having to submit the GMAT (Unlike other schools which send out offers conditional on a GMAT score in the future). Can someone confirm that?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
Eddymok123 wrote:
Hey people. Had my interview with alumnus/adcom yesterday. The whole process lasted for about 45 minutes and the last 5-7 minutes was dedicated to answering my questions. Questions asked were basically 50% from the list rinu1agar posted and 50% from the list abhi271097 posted. Hope this helps also.

From one of the admissions assitants, I heard that they have completely waived the GMAT/GRE requirement for the KFL program also, meaning that it is possible for us to get an unconditional offer without having to submit the GMAT (Unlike other schools which send out offers conditional on a GMAT score in the future). Can someone confirm that?

I believe you’re correct. I didn’t submit a GMAT and they never said anything. On the application form they had a note on the test page that said something like “Future Leaders: The testing requirement is currently being waived. If you would like to submit a GMAT/GRE score to your application please do so below”

It is definitely waived. I took a screenshot on my computer that I can send you if you really want it.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
thembaclub wrote:
Eddymok123 wrote:

I believe you’re correct. I didn’t submit a GMAT and they never said anything. On the application form they had a note on the test page that said something like “Future Leaders: The testing requirement is currently being waived. If you would like to submit a GMAT/GRE score to your application please do so below”

It is definitely waived. I took a screenshot on my computer that I can send you if you really want it.

Got it mate. Thanks for the info.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GRE 1: Q170 V164
Send PM
anyone know if they will get to us on one day or on a rolling basis?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Given Kudos: 24
Schools: Kellogg '24
Send PM