Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:25 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 81
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: LBS (A)
GPA: 3.01
Send PM
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here [#permalink]
chidi889 wrote:
manuelamanrique wrote:
How manu times can you reschedule the executive assessment
Posted from my mobile device

Unlimited- up to 24 hrs before your scheduled exam time. Same applies for Online EA and test center EA.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here [#permalink]
Kudos
Are earplugs permitted for the online EA?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 89
Schools: Fuqua '23 (D)
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
hamish wrote:
Are earplugs permitted for the online EA?

No they are not as far as I know
I got a call from my proctor before exam started so I would avoid ear plugs or I would ask him or her before wearing them

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Send PM
So any admission statistics
Heard in the webinar today that Columbia is fine with 150-152 and so is booth
What about full time ? I’m assuming the same would work right ?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
fatnani wrote:

which webinar was this?
i assume full time has higher score requirements.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [3]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Kudos
Took the EA exam this monting in Piscataway, NJ while mask on for 1hr 30min.
Pearson staff at the center is very professional.
They provided dry-eraze pads with sufficient pages, earplugs and noise canceling headphones.. abosolute silence in the testing room.
Hand sanitizers at every corner - from reception desk to the testing room door. Testing room wasn't crowded.

IR - concentrate on MSR questions!! I belive they carry more points than any other types.
Also put more efforts in the first subsection of each of IR, VR and QR sections because the correct answers to the quesitons in the first subsections will set you for a high overall score.

Timer - the timer keeps running between two subsections, so just click on "continue" when the confirmation window pops up at the end of each subsection unless you want to review "flagged/incomplete" questions. There are no breaks during the exam, so use restrooms before the exam!

My score - 156 / IR 12, VR 10, QR 14

Any questions, happy to help!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
hamish wrote:
fatnani wrote:

which webinar was this?
i assume full time has higher score requirements.

Yes I reached out to schools and they said 160 is a score they want to see at the minimum and expect a masters from a student taking EA to highlight quant ability.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE:Corporate Finance (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi,
I had my EA online exam scheduled today and after going through the whole check - in process, the proctor did not arrive and I had to wait for an hour before deciding to cancel the exam and asking to reschedule. Please let me know if anyone else has undergone this and what are the next steps
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
GRE 1: Q158 V156
GPA: 2.9
WE:Science (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
saugandhss wrote:
They provided dry-eraze pads with sufficient pages, earplugs and noise canceling headphones.. abosolute silence in the testing room.
Hand sanitizers at every corner - from reception desk to the testing room door. Testing room wasn't crowded.

IR - concentrate on MSR questions!! I belive they carry more points than any other types.
Also put more efforts in the first subsection of each of IR, VR and QR sections because the correct answers to the quesitons in the first subsections will set you for a high overall score.

Timer - the timer keeps running between two subsections, so just click on "continue" when the confirmation window pops up at the end of each subsection unless you want to review "flagged/incomplete" questions. There are no breaks during the exam, so use restrooms before the exam!

Hey saugandhss, had a few questions if you don't mind: did you have to wear a mask the entire time while at the test center? How many practice tests did you take and can you share your scores/breakdown? Did the actual exam questions feel harder than the practice questions/practice exam questions? Thanks!

1st mock: 155 (IR 13/VR 12/QR 10)
This one started out pretty strong and then I had to guess the last 5 QR questions due to poor time management (got them all wrong). Still surprised with the score though.

2nd mock: 152 (IR 9/VR 11/QR 12)
Time management got me again. Spent too much time on a question that came just before the MSR/3 questions in the first panel, which did not leave enough time for the MSR. Did decently well on the VR and QR except made a few careless mistakes and had to rush one or two questions at the end of the QR.

Exam is in 10 days (unless I postpone). Seems like my biggest weakness is time management and making careless mistakes. Any tips? Thanks everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE:Corporate Finance (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,

What is a good score for Columbia FT MBA and NYU Stern FT MBA of Executive Assessment online?

Also, how much times does it take for the score to be released if you have given the exam online.

If I don't score well in the EA online, does it make sense to give the exam again and will it be a negative on my application for CBS and Stern FT MBA?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
tmm709 wrote:
saugandhss wrote:

Hey saugandhss, had a few questions if you don't mind: did you have to wear a mask the entire time while at the test center? How many practice tests did you take and can you share your scores/breakdown? Did the actual exam questions feel harder than the practice questions/practice exam questions? Thanks!

This one started out pretty strong and then I had to guess the last 5 QR questions due to poor time management (got them all wrong). Still surprised with the score though.

Time management got me again. Spent too much time on a question that came just before the MSR/3 questions in the first panel, which did not leave enough time for the MSR. Did decently well on the VR and QR except made a few careless mistakes and had to rush one or two questions at the end of the QR.

Exam is in 10 days (unless I postpone). Seems like my biggest weakness is time management and making careless mistakes. Any tips? Thanks everyone!

Hi

Yes, I and the other test takers had to wear masks one we were I sure the test centers. But the good thing is that the test is only 90 min long :). once you’re into exam you can barely notice that you’re wearing a mask.

I took two practice tests.
1st 151 9-8-14 (IR/VR/QR)
2nd 150 11-8-11.

The questions in the practice tests and actual exam are quite comparable. Since the test is adaptive (that’s what I heard/read) ,if you answer the questions in the first subsection right, then you may face harder questions in the second subsection and your chances of getting higher score will increase. So if you see tough questions in the actual exam, don’t panic! It means you are performing better.

QR -
I would not spend more than 2 min on a QR questions. If you cannot answer a QR question in 2min, then probably you may not be able to find the right answer at all by spending even more time, and it will hurt the overall score as you may not have enough time remaining to solve the other questions that you would have answered correctly.
In such case, guess the answer and move on.

Other strategy is to know you’re strengths (This applies to all three sections). Ex. If you’re good at algebra and probability questions, focus on those questions.
Make a note of where you’re making careless mistakes and try to improve (km/hr to m/sec conversion, not reading headers of the tables carefully etc). It will help!

I’ll post a link of how to deal with MSR questions later.

Best.
Saugandh

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
saugandhss wrote:
tmm709 wrote:
saugandhss wrote:

Hi

Yes, I and the other test takers had to wear masks one we were I sure the test centers. But the good thing is that the test is only 90 min long :). once you’re into exam you can barely notice that you’re wearing a mask.

I took two practice tests.
1st 151 9-8-14 (IR/VR/QR)
2nd 150 11-8-11.

The questions in the practice tests and actual exam are quite comparable. Since the test is adaptive (that’s what I heard/read) ,if you answer the questions in the first subsection right, then you may face harder questions in the second subsection and your chances of getting higher score will increase. So if you see tough questions in the actual exam, don’t panic! It means you are performing better.

QR -
I would not spend more than 2 min on a QR questions. If you cannot answer a QR question in 2min, then probably you may not be able to find the right answer at all by spending even more time, and it will hurt the overall score as you may not have enough time remaining to solve the other questions that you would have answered correctly.
In such case, guess the answer and move on.

Other strategy is to know you’re strengths (This applies to all three sections). Ex. If you’re good at algebra and probability questions, focus on those questions.
Make a note of where you’re making careless mistakes and try to improve (km/hr to m/sec conversion, not reading headers of the tables carefully etc). It will help!

I’ll post a link of how to deal with MSR questions later.

Best.
Saugandh

https://gmatclub.com/forum/executive-as ... l#p2590191
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Practice exams: 152, 151, 153, 155
Actual: 149

I found the actual to be harder than the practice.. time management especially was tough. Overall a good experience taking it online though.
I want to go to Stern PT or Columbia emba. I think I will have to take the test again. Does anyone know how schools view multiple scores?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Only your latest is kept in EA

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
Took the EA online 1.5 half weeks ago. Took all 4 EA practice exams under varying conditions.
1: 153 with no distractions mid-day
2: 150 with minor distractions mid-day
3: 148 my dog wigged out at a delivery person. Completely messed up my composure during verbal mid-day
4: 148 Evening after work

Real deal: Took the test on a Saturday at 9:30 am. Woke up at 6, did a brief jump rope session to get blood flowing, ate a good breakfast, and had a family member take my dog out for a nice long walk.

Final score 151 IR 10, V 9, Q 12. I though I did pretty well on IR/V so to see that verbal score is pretty disappointing. I'm guessing I eliminated the 3 easy answers on SC and picked a few incorrect ones by mistake. Got a little rattled for the second half of Q and thought I bombed but I may have had a few good guesses there on questions considered more difficult?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 104
Send PM
Hello Everyone,

I took the EA exam and scored a 157 IR11 V13 Q13. I also took the GMAT and scored 700 V34 Q50.
I am not sure what a good EA score for Full-time MBA at Columbia, Darden and Fuqua looks like. Do they look for a balanced score or a higher Quant? Would my EA score work for FTMBA at the top schools like Columbia, Darden and Fuqua? Any inputs form this group are much appreciated.

I come from the over-represented India applicant pool, but I am a Female Mechanical Engineer so that might be one diversity factor that might help. Any suggestions or recommendations on the EA score and applications are welcome. Thank you!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GPA: 2.7
Send PM
I took my Executive assessment today. Wearing mask during the test was definitely distracting. Plus, Quant was more difficult (time taking) compared to practice test. Contemplating whether I should take it again for that extra few points. Any feedback?

Practice test score:
Test 1: 158 Integrated Reasoning 12 Verbal Reasoning 11 Quantitative Reasoning 15
Test 2: 159 Integrated Reasoning 12 Verbal Reasoning 9 Quantitative Reasoning 18
Test 3: 157 Integrated Reasoning 10 Verbal Reasoning 10 Quantitative Reasoning 17
Test 4: 153 Integrated Reasoning 10 Verbal Reasoning 11 Quantitative Reasoning 12

Actual test 156 Integrated Reasoning 13 Verbal Reasoning 9 Quantitative Reasoning 14
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  17