Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 18:46 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 18:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1432 [0]
Given Kudos: 582
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Re: Online GMAT 730 [#permalink]
Nadine2020 wrote:
I took the online GMAT on June 22nd and received my score on the 25th: 730 (Q50, V40).

Now let me cut to the chase, get a study partner. The GMAT journey can be long and if you have a family and work-life to handle, keeping in mind your progress and your end goals can easily drop off your priority list. In addition, it is time-saving and more efficient to be consistent in your prep. So, it is of great help to have someone keep you on track, encourage you and with whom you can exchange tricks or learnings.
Flashback to January, when I started considering taking the GMAT. I took the first official mock and got 710. Being an engineer, I was a little bit disappointed with my quant score 48. For verbal, I relied on my intuition more than a mastery of the subjects. So, I concluded that I needed a course to know what is exactly tested on the GMAT and practice those topics.

A friend and study partner recommended e-GMAT course after he compiled the reviews on the different GMAT preparation websites. I purchased it by February.
I started with sporadic test-taking and the course material which was quite rich. The course is designed to be comprehensive and suitable for every level of test-takers. Some would find some parts quite lengthy but they intend to cover everything tested on the GMAT and one can sense they analyzed the official questions in order to prioritize the material.
Afterward, I was enrolled in the e-GMAT Mentorship program which speeded up my rhythm, helped me stay consistent even when other responsibilities seemed to take over, and allowed me to cover everything on time. I could have used more practice as I only managed to go through the course material and had less than two weeks for practice and course-correction. But I had a scholarship deadline and I couldn’t postpone the exam.
The Mentorship program allowed me to be consistent in my preparation. The GMAT tests on a wide variety of subjects and one can get scattered in their preparation. In fact, I had a GMAT version of FOMO while studying: I would be working on geometry and then think that I need to be working on SC only to open CR guide… it has been helpful to have a trustworthy mentor 1-with good grasp of the content, 2-who can analyze my scores and 3- then suggest a study plan accordingly.
Furthermore, the weekly plans DEFINITELY improved my consistency giving me a checklist to challenge every week, even when it didn’t seem I could pull it off. I did not have to dedicate little time that I had on strategizing my preparation; I would just have to look at my daily tasks and start working. This allowed me to make the most of the e-GMAT resources within the timespan I had to prepare.
The mentorship program also entailed Strategy Huddles (zoom meetings) with themes spanning from motivation, success stories, mental health, work organization, study tips... and we had a https://gmatclub.com/chat group to stay in touch with the cohort, share questions, discuss solutions and encourage & congratulate each other. The community feeling definitely helped.
The website also analyzes your performance which was insightful in orienting my prep work: timing, sections that needed more work…
Additionally, my mentor arranged a call the day before the exam for last min prep, motivation, and test-taking strategies.
GMAT prep is quite a journey. But whenever I felt overwhelmed, I’d remember that it’s just a step for an even more challenging journey. So we should get accustomed to the induced stress and learn how to manage it well, leverage our skills & the resources available and most importantly, enjoy the process to make the most of it.

Thank you all at GMAT Club for your help (this forum, the YT Channel, emailing…)
Best of luck everyone ?

Nadine2020 Congratulations for an excellent score!! Did u face any issue while taking the exam at home?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Goviz wrote:

Nadine2020 Congratulations for an excellent score!! Did u face any issue while taking the exam at home?

Quant section went well. However, during Verbal section, the proctor lost the video feed without me noticing because the exam kept running. So, about the middle of the section, the proctor asked me to redo a quick scan of the room with the time running... That was a bit stressful and I feared they'd cancel the exam ...

Yet, I don't regret taking the Online GMAT. Actually, I didn't have a choice, centers are still closed in my country.

All the best :)
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37298 posts