Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:39 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Status:GMAT/GRE Tutor l Admission Consultant l On-Demand Course creator
Own Kudos [?]: 13376 [1]
Given Kudos: 124
GMAT: QUANT+DI EXPERT
Schools: IIM (A) ISB '24
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V41
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
GMAT Club Reviews PM Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 754 [1]
Given Kudos: 522
Schools: ISB'22 (D)
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 506 [1]
Given Kudos: 207
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 580 Q48 V21
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Preparation Plan for ISB Round 2. [#permalink]
Kudos
If u have Ur story ready it's 1month before the deadline
Else it takes more time to figure out things
Good luck!!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11664 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Shreya,

Since you are interested in a specific Program, you would likely find it beneficial to speak with an Admissions Expert about your overall profile and plans. Those Experts should be able to answer your Admissions questions and help define the specific areas of your profile that could use some improvement.

There's a Forum full of those Experts here:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-admissio ... tants-124/

As far as your GMAT studies are concerned, before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

1) How long have you studied so far? How many hours do you typically study each week?
2) What study materials have you used so far?
3) On what dates did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?
4) What is your overall goal score?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Preparation Plan for ISB Round 2. [#permalink]
@gmatinsight- Thank you for the reply. I know you are right that I should try to target R1 itself, but when I practically crate a study plan for this Target, it becomes haywire. I am able to give 2 hr/day and 6hr/day on Sat and Sun. Preparing for my test, application with evrything going around at work, I would only get demotivated. I will try to give more though to this, if I am able to create a better study plan.

Meanwhile, could you please guide me for R2, because I have to start from scratch, book a slot on Gmat, give the exam, fill the application, prepare essay etc. I am from a consultancy background with 3 years experience. So I feel this year is the right time. Could you please guide.

Thanks for your help so far.

Originally posted by Classified09 on 13 Jul 2020, 12:11.
Last edited by Classified09 on 13 Jul 2020, 12:25, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
iamsiddharthkapoor thank you for the help and suggestions.
Yes I am setting a target for ISB only.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi
Hi EMPOWERgmatRichC

Thanks for the help. Answering your questions below:

1) How long have you studied so far? How many hours do you typically study each week?
-I started my preparation in starting of July this month

2) What study materials have you used so far?
My study plan refers following resources:
1. I am using OG-2016 for question solving
2. SC- Aristotle and Manhattan Guide
3. CR- PowerScore videos (haven't done yet)
4. RC- Powerscore and Manhattan (haven't done yet)
5. PS- Manhattan (haven't done yet)
6. DS- Veritas (haven't done yet)

3) On what dates did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?
Gave mock in mid June, score 530

4) What is your overall goal score?
730-750
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22040 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Classified09,

It seems as though you have a bit of a ways to go. Would you consider giving yourself more time and applying for round 2? Also, do you need any general advice regarding your study plan? Lastly, you may find it helpful to read the following articles:

How to Score a 700+ on the GMAT — A Mini Guide for Success

The Phases of Preparing for the GMAT
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 11664 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Shreya,

To start, a 530 is a solid initial CAT score (the average score on the Official GMAT hovers around 550 most years). Since it's been about a month since you took that CAT, you should plan to take a NEW, FULL-LENGTH CAT sometime soon (perhaps this weekend), so that we can get a sense of how effective your studies have been so far in helping you to improve.

The OG books are great sources for practice questions, but they're not designed to teach you Tactics, patterns or the little 'secrets' behind the GMAT - for those, you'll need Course-oriented materials. To that end, you might want to work on the OG a little later on in your studies. From the list of study materials that you plan to work through, you're going to be 'jumping' from source to source - and since there will likely be inconsistencies in style, terminology, format, Tactics, etc., you might end up making your studies more challenging than they need to be. This is meant to say that you might want to commit to one Study Plan/Course that covers ALL of the subjects that appear on the GMAT.

Statistically-speaking, raising a 530 to the point that you can consistently score 730+ will likely require at least another 3 months of consistent, guided study - and you'll have to make significant improvements to how you handle BOTH the Quant and Verbal sections. Thankfully, the GMAT is a consistent, predictable Exam, so you CAN train to score at a higher level. You would still have time to make the Round 2 application deadlines, but a September Test Date might be too soon to be considered realistic (so you might want to consider pushing back your Test Date).

1) Going forward, how many hours do you think you can consistently study each week?

Rich
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 179 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
GMAT 1: 570 Q43 V26
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3
Send PM
Classified09 wrote:
Hi,

I am self-preparing for ISB for an intake of 2021. I have not appeared for my GMAT yet, preparing for it.

I know I am late to apply for Round 1, because I still have to prepare, then give my exam and complete post exam activities, all of this to be done before 20th Sep'20, therefore late for that.

So while I prepare for the exam, I have to be aware of the timeline I need to follow to be able to apply for ISB round 2 (sometime in Dec'20, official dates not announced yet). Can you please help me with the timeline I should keep in mind, as to when should I give my exam, book my slots, fill in ISB application etc. so that I do not miss R2.

I am unable to get any resource over the internet to help with timelines and all tasks that need to be done pre and post exam.

Please help if you can.

Hi Shreya,
Even I am planning to apply for ISB this year. I'll be applying for Round-1. In your case, as you are yet to start your preparation and you have the deadline for Round-2, make sure you plan your preparation properly. As you might be a working professional, balance of work and studies might be a challenge.

I studies GMAT using GMATWhiz which helped me with the study plan as well. The course structure and their study plan is spot on. Give it a try. I have a strong feeling that you'll be benefited from it. There is also a free trial available I guess. You can check it out at GMATWhiz. All the best!

Thanks,
Shreya
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi EMPOWERgmatRichC

To answer your question I try to give on an average 25hrs/week for my GMAT prep.

Thanks..
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 3528 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Shreya, generally it takes 3-4 months of good preparation, for most aspirants to reach their optimum score. That would still be within the R2 deadline at ISB.

While ISB hasn't formally announced R2 deadline as yet, I am reasonably sure that it will not be before November end.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 11664 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Shreya,

If you can consistently commit 25 hours a week to your studies, then you could potentially improve a great deal in the coming months. A 730+ Score requires that you perform with a high level of 'precision' - meaning that beyond having the necessary content knowledge, you also need to do consistently organized and efficient work (meaning that you will also need to know the Tactics, patterns and little 'secrets' of the GMAT)

Once you have your next CAT/mock Score, you should post back here (or you can feel free to PM me directly) and we can discuss the results and how you might adjust your studies going forward.

From a planning standpoint, you will likely need at least a month to properly put together your applications. While I understand that you probably want to be done with the GMAT before you start that work, there's no harm in working on your applications WHILE you study for the GMAT.

Rich
GMAT Club Bot