Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:51 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools: Ivey '22 (A$)
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V32
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Re: Ivey (Western) Full Time MBA (2021 Intake) Class of 2022 [#permalink]
Regardless of financial services or not, I would recommend Queens > Schulich. (In a world where you don't get through Ivey, that is).

Kb88 wrote:
Hello everyone, I hope everyone's doing well. I need some advice from all of you. I've received an invitation to interview with Ivey, and my interview is scheduled for August 31st. I also applied to Queen's and Schulich for their Jan intake and received acceptance from them.
I need to make a decision between Queen's and Schulich as their deadline is approaching. If I don't get admitted to Ivey, I can carry one option as an alternative. Please share your views on these two options based on the opportunities that one may have after the MBA. Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
What she said +1

shibsz wrote:
Hey zs2,

Generally there is no downside to applying to Ivey in 4th round. They have rolling apps - and their scholarships also work pretty similarly in all rounds.
But, this year there have been a lot of competitive profiles and Ivey, like any other school, has seen a huge uptick in the applications. This situation might make it a bit more competitive to get into Ivey.

I would however suggest- talk to the Adcom. Reach out to them and get on a call and ask relevant questions around fit and applying in 4th round. If there is something in your profile that stands out, and if they haven't already seen a zs2 previously in this class, they will take you nonetheless. :)
Also, I cannot see where you belong to in your profile. If you are in the US/ Canada, it would not be a problem to apply in Round 4 at all, in terms of the seats left in the class. If you are from any other international country, you could still interact with the adcom and get a sense of whether you have a good chance this year.

Hope this helps.
All the best!

zs2 wrote:
bschoolhunter wrote:
Hey Russthemann

Ivey is generally flexible with requirements as long as you keep them updated. Hence would suggest that you write to them explaining your situation prior to submitting the application and wait for their inputs.

Though on a personal note will recommend that you submit the application when it gets complete in all aspects or you have certainty of it being completed in couple of days. Just so that you present a complete picture to the Adcom.

Hope this helps.

Russthemann wrote:
Hey all, quick question.

I'm looking to submit my application tonight, but the downside is my boss is currently on holidays and wont be back for 3 weeks. I know Ivey wants 'completed references must be received within two weeks of your application submission date.', but how hard are they on this rule? I really don't want to wait as I know this is year is more competitive than most, want to get my application in ASAP. I have yet to ask my other reference, but I know he'll be able to get it in before the two-week deadline.

Thanks!

Posted from my mobile device

Does it makes sense to apply in ROUND 4. Are their enough seat left to consider an application. Or it is going to be very tough to be considered. Last date is 18 Aug 2020, yet to start working on application.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Kb88 wrote:
Businessconquerer wrote:
Kb88 wrote:
Hello everyone, I hope everyone's doing well. I need some advice from all of you. I've received an invitation to interview with Ivey, and my interview is scheduled for August 31st. I also applied to Queen's and Schulich for their Jan intake and received acceptance from them.
I need to make a decision between Queen's and Schulich as their deadline is approaching. If I don't get admitted to Ivey, I can carry one option as an alternative. Please share your views on these two options based on the opportunities that one may have after the MBA. Thanks.

What is your post MBA goal?

Businessconquerer Hi, my post MBA goal is to work in financial services sector. Rotman was my first choice but was unable to get an acceptation. I want to know which school I should consider to be an alternative if things don't go well with Ivey.

Schulich for Finance, it is in toronto, Bay street is in Toronto and almost all the fin institutions are there plus schulich has a nice Alumni connection there. Yes Rotman trumps all but in this case Schulich.

If you wanted to go into Consulting I would have picked Ivey
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Leadership, Operations
GMAT 1: 610 Q49 V25
GMAT 2: 670 Q47 V34
GPA: 2.95
Send PM
I applied for Ivey on 22nd July and still waiting for an interview call or a ding mail. Should I expect a ding mail now because in this thread I have seen people receiving interview invites within 72 hours and those who waited for around two received a rejection mail. Just anxious! My profile is as under

Age 26
Bachelors in Military Sciences GPA 2.95/4.00
Work Experience: 6 years of commissioned service in the military after becoming an officer. Was injured last year (that is why want to pursue an MBA to transition into private sector) and became operations manager (equivalent) of a military school/college of over 8000 students and 800+ employees. School was running at a loss and I converted that school/college to a profit making entity (CAD 100,000 last year)

Extra curricular-
Bravery Medal Recipient from the Govt (2018) Gold Medalist Breast Stroke (National Level - 2012)
Mr Fit (2013)
Gold Medalist Army team Hockey (2014)

Volunteer Work - Founded NGO with friends in 2016 and was its Director Publicity for 2 years and then stepped down and a board member since

GMAT - Not taken yet planning to take the GMAT in Aug Last Week

Want to pursue my career in Operations as I think being from military that is my specialty.

I want to know if someone got an invite for interview after waiting for a week or two?

Secondly, for me what do you suggest should be my target GMAT Score and am I selecting Operations my post MBA Goal right? As many alumni says that transitioning into consulting for a military professional is very difficult And which b school will be best for me if I plan to go ahead with Operations.

Thanks for reading such a long post.

SVP
SVP
Send PM
Khattak2144 wrote:
I applied for Ivey on 22nd July and still waiting for an interview call or a ding mail. Should I expect a ding mail now because in this thread I have seen people receiving interview invites within 72 hours and those who waited for around two received a rejection mail. Just anxious! My profile is as under

Age 26
Work Experience: 6 years of commissioned service in the military after becoming an officer. Was injured last year (that is why want to pursue an MBA to transition into private sector) and became operations manager (equivalent) of a military school/college of over 8000 students and 800+ employees. School was running at a loss and I converted that school/college to a profit making entity (CAD 100,000 last year)

Extra curricular-
Bravery Medal Recipient from the Govt (2018) Gold Medalist Breast Stroke (National Level - 2012)
Mr Fit (2013)

Volunteer Work - Founded NGO with friends in 2016 and was its Director Publicity for 2 years and then stepped down and a board member since

Want to pursue my career in Operations as I think being from military that is my specialty.

I want to know if someone got an invite for interview after waiting for a week or two?

Secondly, for me what do you suggest should be my target GMAT Score and am I selecting Operations my post MBA Goal right? As many alumni says that transitioning into consulting for a military professional is very difficult And which b school will be best for me if I plan to go ahead with Operations.

Submit a strong GMAT. They'll ring u.

Feel free to reach out. :)

Also, you're a military man. It's not over until you have a ding letter.

Hang in there.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Khattak2144 wrote:

Age 26

Extra curricular-
Mr Fit (2013)

Hi Khattak,

You have a great profile in my opinion. Also, I got my interview invite after 3 weeks.

The deadline for submitting an application without a GMAT score was July 13th. (You still had to submit it later but they would start evaluating your application meanwhile)
Post that, to be considered as a completed application, you had to submit your GMAT score.

Ivey's average GMAT score is 660-680 so that is always a safe bet. However, Ivey emphasises a lot on your complete profile than just 1 data point.

I would suggest that you send an Email to whoever you are in touch with from Ivey and they can confirm that for you.
Let me know if you have any questions! Feel free to post here or DM.

Originally posted by zoltrex20 on 30 Jul 2020, 20:08.
Last edited by zoltrex20 on 03 Aug 2020, 07:17, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 670 Q42 V40
Send PM
Just submitted my application last night! Very nervous. Hoping to get an interview sooner than later but looks like everything is around September. Is an in-person option available or is it all online?

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Best of luck!

All online is what I hear. Where are you based out of though? Only folks around in Canada do have an option of doing this in person, but why would you take the chance during these times? Online is seamless and a very breezy experience. Wouldn't worry too much about that if I were you.

Cheers.

Russthemann wrote:
Just submitted my application last night! Very nervous. Hoping to get an interview sooner than later but looks like everything is around September. Is an in-person option available or is it all online?

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hey Khattak!

That is one impressive journey. Curious to know - Which country are you based out of though?

Don't worry about the wait times. They are erratic and no real science behind them at this point in time. As mentioned earlier above in response to your post, people have had a LONG wait before getting a call as well.

WIth respect to post-B School goals, Ops is definitely a great option but I don't see why consulting is a no-no if you have a great reason as to why. I can think of a 100+ reasons as to why an org can take away learnings from a soldier in how to be more efficient and outcome/goal-based in their day to day work. Would never strike that out.

On the GMAT - A 650-680 should keep you in good stead. But mind you 770 score profiles have been rejected and 560 score profiles have been admitted. Don't fret too much about the GMAT. It is just one of many many data points. If I were you, I'd focus more on your journey thus far, and why the MBA and Ivey in particular makes sense to you at this point in time.

Let me know if you need any further help here. Happy to chat on DM as well to assist here.

Cheers.

Khattak2144 wrote:

Age 26

Extra curricular-
Mr Fit (2013)

Intern
Intern
Send PM
SurajSathya wrote:
Best of luck!

All online is what I hear. Where are you based out of though? Only folks around in Canada do have an option of doing this in person, but why would you take the chance during these times? Online is seamless and a very breezy experience. Wouldn't worry too much about that if I were you.

Cheers.

Russthemann wrote:

Hey there,

I’m based in Montreal. Didn’t know Ivey had announced online for MBA in March, can you send a press release or something? I haven’t been able to find any data on that. Thanks
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 344 [0]
Given Kudos: 482
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.65
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Russthemann wrote:
SurajSathya wrote:
Best of luck!

Cheers.

Russthemann wrote:

Hey there,

I’m based in Montreal. Didn’t know Ivey had announced online for MBA in March, can you send a press release or something? I haven’t been able to find any data on that. Thanks

I guess he didn't mean that MBA classes will be held online. He meant that the interviews are taken online.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
tyildirim92 wrote:
Russthemann wrote:
SurajSathya wrote:
Best of luck!

Cheers.

Russthemann wrote:

Hey there,

I guess he didn't mean that MBA classes will be held online. He meant that the interviews are taken online.

Ahh that would make much more sense. Yeah I haven’t heard of Ivey going online as of yet so holding my breath for sure.
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 392 [1]
Given Kudos: 93
GRE 1: Q166 V159

GRE 2: Q165 V156

GRE 3: Q166 V159
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Kudos
Hey Guys,

There is yet another webinar for peeps applying to Rotman and Ivey. This is being organized by egmat but I think it would be worth attending as they will tackle the elephant in the room with the following agenda :

-Why Canada
-Top MBA
-Finding your profile fit
-Building a strong application
-Covid 19 impact
-Q&A

https://e-gmat.com/mba_in_canada/?utm_s ... _in_canada

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 660 Q46 V35
Send PM
Thank you for sharing. It'll be interesting to hear what e-gmat has to say about covid-19 impact and other topics.

jbatra wrote:
Hey Guys,

There is yet another webinar for peeps applying to Rotman and Ivey. This is being organized by egmat but I think it would be worth attending as they will tackle the elephant in the room with the following agenda :

-Why Canada
-Top MBA
-Finding your profile fit
-Building a strong application
-Covid 19 impact
-Q&A

https://e-gmat.com/mba_in_canada/?utm_s ... _in_canada

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
Hi everyone. I was recently admitted to the program and am absolutely thrilled to be part of next year's cohort. I'd love to give back in any capacity I can, so please feel free to reach out with any questions you might have.

For people who have already started working on their applications, I'm sure you have noticed how refreshingly friendly and helpful the admissions team is. My advice would be to take advantage of as many touch-points as the school offers you (one-on-one sessions with the admissions team, virtual info sessions, mock case-study classes, etc.) because it allows them a chance to get to know you better and eventually present a strong case for you to the admissions committee.

In terms of the GMAT and other academic credentials, I will echo what has been said before, which is that Ivey truly does look at your application as a whole, and doesn't get too fixated on raw statistics. Make sure your application presents an authentic picture of yourself and I'm sure you will proceed to the interview round. My best to you all!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
My bad, if I didn't word that correctly. Was just answering the question directly.

No, Ivey has not announced full online officially yet (Way too soon, honestly). And AFAIK, the interviews are all online now. Hope that clarifies things.

Cheers.

Russthemann wrote:
SurajSathya wrote:
Best of luck!

Cheers.

Russthemann wrote:

Hey there,

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
SurajSathya wrote:
My bad, if I didn't word that correctly. Was just answering the question directly.

No, Ivey has not announced full online officially yet (Way too soon, honestly). And AFAIK, the interviews are all online now. Hope that clarifies things.

Cheers.

Russthemann wrote:
SurajSathya wrote:
Best of luck!

Cheers.

Russthemann wrote:

Hey there,

Actually, the current cohort is going back to in-person classes starting August 10th.
JD mentioned that in the info-session yesterday.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  24   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts