Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:14 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
GPA: 4
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 84
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
obsidianstorm wrote:
Chandrahaskrishna wrote:
obsidianstorm wrote:
I booked my online exam date today. When I log into my mba.com account and go the pearson page, it says No exam scheduled. Does it take some time for it to show up? Can someone answer? So that I can follow up with customer care if needed.

It usually takes 24 hours to get updated on the website... You should have gotten an email confirmation from GMAC regarding your exam id... That should suffice... However, according to what I’m aware of, you will be able to see the appointment details on your webpage. You’ll have to go the ‘Register for online exam’ tab and it is there that you’ll be able to find it...
Hope I have made myself clear..

Regards

Posted from my mobile device

I am following the same steps. I did get the mail but am unable to see the appointment details. When were you able to see the details on your account?

You’ll not be able to see the appointment details on your home page...
Current Student
Send PM
Chandrahaskrishna wrote:
obsidianstorm wrote:
Chandrahaskrishna wrote:
obsidianstorm wrote:
I booked my online exam date today. When I log into my mba.com account and go the pearson page, it says No exam scheduled. Does it take some time for it to show up? Can someone answer? So that I can follow up with customer care if needed.

It usually takes 24 hours to get updated on the website... You should have gotten an email confirmation from GMAC regarding your exam id... That should suffice... However, according to what I’m aware of, you will be able to see the appointment details on your webpage. You’ll have to go the ‘Register for online exam’ tab and it is there that you’ll be able to find it...

Regards

I am following the same steps. I did get the mail but am unable to see the appointment details. When were you able to see the details on your account?

Ya, I know. I am checking on the Pearson page. Attached screenshot. It is not showing the appointment.

Edit: I found the details after clicking on the Open Online exam link. This is weird that it doesn't in the upcoming appointment. Or is it the same for everyone?
Attachments

no appointment.PNG
no appointment.PNG [ 88.27 KiB | Viewed 2114 times ]

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
obsidianstorm wrote:
Chandrahaskrishna wrote:
obsidianstorm wrote:
Chandrahaskrishna wrote:
obsidianstorm wrote:

Regards

Ya, I know. I am checking on the Pearson page. Attached screenshot. It is not showing the appointment.

Edit: I found the details after clicking on the Open Online exam link. This is weird that it doesn't in the upcoming appointment. Or is it the same for everyone?

It’s the same for everyone. It doesn’t show up in the upcoming appointments, only test Center based appointments reflect on that page
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 173
Schools: Booth '23
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Hi guys. I took GMAT last week, but didn't got the score I wanted, nor I got near anything, that I was getting in on the official mocks just beforehand. Therefore, I'm going to retake the GMAT and I now want to try GMAT Online. However, I have couple questions:
1. I know that the top schools have already pledged to accept the GMATO scores. But, I'm planning to start in Sep, 2022; even though I want to get rid of GMAT now, as I won't have time for it afterwards. How likely it is that the schools will say that they no more accept those scores and require I retake the test at the center?
2. Because AWA is omitted from the test, is GMATO nevertheless considered a good alternative to center-based GMAT? Or is it just another proof that nobody cares about your AWA that much?

Thanks a lot.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 613 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
GMAT 1: 630 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36 (Online)
Send PM
Chandrahaskrishna wrote:
Any update on any forum regarding retakes? I so wish I knew someone who works for GMAC, so that I get to know the updates :(

GMAC answer to retakes:

Thank you for your question. At this time, you can only take the GMAT Online exam once. No retakes will be permitted, with the exception of technical issues.
As we adjust to a new norm and extend online test availability through 2020, we continue to listen to market feedback to guide our enhancements to the GMAT Online exam experience.
Should the decision be made to modify this policy, you will be notified via your registered email address.
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2412 [0]
Given Kudos: 272
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
The following email that a student recently received from GMAC should help provide some hope--however scant--for those of you who received lower scores than expected on your GMAT Online exam:

Yes, GMAC makes mistakes too.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1807 [0]
Given Kudos: 203
Send PM
mcelroytutoring wrote:
GMAC makes mistakes too.

From transparency and ethical perspectives, one wonders whether GMAC has obligation to publicly release what this mistake with a "particular question" was. GMAC serves testtakers, applicants, schools and the society at large. These mistakes may materially impact people's futures. They also raise questions about the validity of GMAC's testing procedures.
Current Student
Send PM
mcelroytutoring wrote:
The following email that a student recently received from GMAC should help provide some hope--however scant--for those of you who received lower scores than expected on your GMAT Online exam:

So, what I get from this is there was a faulty question. Any idea what the increase in score was? I was under the impression GMAC is very meticulous with its questions and it spends a lot of money on each question so ideally this should've been caught.

If a single question was compromised then wouldn't it mean the algorithm might have given the next question incorrectly and hence affect the later questions as well? This may result in wide change depending on when the question was encountered and how the algorithm works.

So this might or might have not compromised the whole exam as each score matters.

Originally posted by obsidianstorm on 05 Aug 2020, 10:11.
Last edited by obsidianstorm on 05 Aug 2020, 10:37, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
obsidianstorm wrote:
mcelroytutoring wrote:

So, what I get from this is there was a faulty question. Any idea what the increase in score was. I was under the impression GMAC is very meticulous with its questions and it spends a lot of money on each question.

If a single question was compromised then wouldn't it mean the algorithm might have given the next question incorrectly and hence affect the later questions. This may result in wide change depending on the situation.

That’s astonishing... This definitely raises a lot of questions and worries regarding the scoring algorithm as well... I hope that GMAC rectifies this at the earliest possible..

Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1807 [1]
Given Kudos: 203
Send PM