Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:21 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
EMBA Programs Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [4]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [2]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Wharton EMBA (Philly/SF) 2020 Intake - Class of 2022 [#permalink]
Kudos
Accepted at SF.

Thank you to all who have shared their experience in this thread. It has been helpful.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Wharton DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Admitted, 13 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:720 (Q50 V37), Industry: Manufacturing, WE 170, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 17 minutes ago, from United States, Industry: Computer Software, WE 126, heard via: portal_update

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
Admitted
21 Mar, 2020
25 Mar 2020, 17:52
ayushmundhra GMAT: 750, Q50, V42; WE: 96 months; United States, CA; via Phone
SF. Heard via phone on Saturday. Was asked not to post online until today. [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
blah22 wrote:
Waitlisted in Philly. Decision released around 2 PM ET. Wharton EMBA has some of the highest yield rate (even higher than full time MBA) so wait list here is as good as rejection.

What do you mean by yield rate? Sorry, I've now heard this term twice in business school chatter and have no idea what it means in terms of admissions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Send PM
gmatnewbie19 wrote:
blah22 wrote:
Waitlisted in Philly. Decision released around 2 PM ET. Wharton EMBA has some of the highest yield rate (even higher than full time MBA) so wait list here is as good as rejection.

What do you mean by yield rate? Sorry, I've now heard this term twice in business school chatter and have no idea what it means in terms of admissions.
My understanding that they are talking about the recruitment yield rate. i.e. percentage of admits who accepted the admission.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Wharton DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Denied, 46 minutes ago, from United States, GPA: 3.84, Industry: Consulting, WE 179, heard via: on_campus
  • Waitlisted, 56 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:670 (Q49 V33), GPA: 3.75, Industry: Transportation, WE 120, heard via: portal_update

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 267 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
Send PM
Congratulations to all those who got in. This has been a long wait and am looking forward to the. next two years.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
sasyaharry wrote:
Congratulations to all those who got in. This has been a long wait and am looking forward to the. next two years.

Yup, it's been a long winding road. Congrats to everyone who has been accepted, look forward to meeting you all :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 3.75
WE:Corporate Finance (Other)
Send PM
Hi all - curious to know if anyone on the wait-list received any updates recently? The director sent our an email early April to those on the wait-list to advise that the program start date was pushed back to Aug 2nd and I recently heard that it has been pushed back even further to mid-August. Seems that they are finalizing dates etc before circling back to wait-list candidates, but wanted to know if there has been any movement?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Kudos
private24 wrote:
Hi all - curious to know if anyone on the wait-list received any updates recently? The director sent our an email early April to those on the wait-list to advise that the program start date was pushed back to Aug 2nd and I recently heard that it has been pushed back even further to mid-August. Seems that they are finalizing dates etc before circling back to wait-list candidates, but wanted to know if there has been any movement?

From an admitted student perspective, it remains a little bit difficult to ascertain what is going on. Certainly, new names have popped up on the student list. A few people have deferred. Final plans for the first term are still fluid. I am just guessing, but with social distancing, I am expecting they may not fill the entire class. It’s all really just speculation though.

As far as dates go, August 9 is the start, but we are doing some light prep work already. It might be best to just ask admissions if they are still taking people off the waitlist. Honestly, the 2020 start is only 9 months from the 2021 start date. It might be worthwhile just buffing your weaknesses and reapplying for next year.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GPA: 3.75
WE:Corporate Finance (Other)
Send PM
Thanks for the insight, Shift808. It looks like another email went out this morning regarding a change in the start date of the program to August 16th and it also indicated that the wait-list will be active for a bit longer given the extension. Do you think that more admits are likely to defer?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
private24 wrote:
Thanks for the insight, Shift808. It looks like another email went out this morning regarding a change in the start date of the program to August 16th and it also indicated that the wait-list will be active for a bit longer given the extension. Do you think that more admits are likely to defer?

I am in the SF cohort, so our orientation is Aug 9-14. I think Philly cohort may be starting one week later, but I don’t have access to all Philly discussions — nor do I really pay attention since it does not directly impact me. Many classes alternate weeks at SF and Phi so it makes sense for one campus to start a week behind though. Whatever happens, there will be big changes in the educational process this year. Classes will be somehow divided into smaller sections.

In the past, both cohorts spent the first week together in Philadelphia to kick off the program. The combined orientation is cancelled this year. Tuition is due on Aug 30. It really seems like Wharton is doing everything they can to allow students to make deferral decisions without undue pressure. That does not help those on the waitlist though, right? If classes start two weeks before the first tuition payment is due, it seems inevitable that some might defer after the waitlist gets closed. Most students seem content to just proceed this year, but those who are considering deferral may just be silent. My point is there is little incentive for students to defer right now rather than just start and see how the first couple weeks go. Take this for what it is — just one opinion in a very confusing landscape.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Thanks for your input shift808 - greatly appreciate it. I'm waitlisted for SF, havent heard much from AdCom except for the fact that they dont have any updates for me yet. I dont know what their plan is but if classes are going to start on Aug 16, I dont have much hope for waitlisters like me.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
andyprezth wrote:
Thanks for your input shift808 - greatly appreciate it. I'm waitlisted for SF, havent heard much from AdCom except for the fact that they dont have any updates for me yet. I dont know what their plan is but if classes are going to start on Aug 16, I dont have much hope for waitlisters like me.

Sincerely wishing the best for you. Students keep asking and nobody knows the exact plan right now. The school keeps promising updates, but, with the case spikes in the Bay Area, everything is in limbo. We do know that orientation week (including classes) starts on Aug 9 for SF, not the 16th — we have been told that Aug 9 is 100% — the format will depend on the factors beyond the school’s control. Some students are stressed about the uncertainty, but most seem to understand the school is doing the best they can.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Send PM
shift808 wrote:
andyprezth wrote:

Sincerely wishing the best for you. Students keep asking and nobody knows the exact plan right now. The school keeps promising updates, but, with the case spikes in the Bay Area, everything is in limbo. We do know that orientation week (including classes) starts on Aug 9 for SF, not the 16th — we have been told that Aug 9 is 100% — the format will depend on the factors beyond the school’s control. Some students are stressed about the uncertainty, but most seem to understand the school is doing the best they can.

Due to the recent case spikes and new restrictions, the SF cohort will start 100% online — I can’t comment on Philadelphia. Travel would be difficult for many, employers sometimes restrict travel or require quarantine, and California has certain limitations around schools and gatherings. This is 100% the right move by the school. Not sure how that might impact enrollment, but students seem accepting of the reality.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
In Philly Cohort here. Similar to SF, we are starting 100 percent virtual starting August 17 for a week of orientation. I get the sense from our class that most of us are going to make the best of it, given the unprecedented circumstances. I do know some folks who are deferring and hopefully this will allow others to join.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
Classes have started on the West coast and a handful of people have been admitted from the waitlist. I think classes are set now.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Thanks shift808. I was wait listed for SF, and they never really got back to me with the status of my application - so I really appreciate you updating us all here.
I did send them an email 2 days ago about the application and it's still crickets from their end. Communication has been atrociously poor from AdCom, and I just feel not updating candidates with the status of their application is outright lazy/horrible.
They literally ghosted us lol
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts