Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:50 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [29]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
angelipi wrote:
Hello, I’m planning to apply at HEC Paris for a Master in Strategic Management. Are there chances for any kind of scholarship?

age 23
Integrated Master’s Degree (8.4/10)
GMAT 730
average extracurriculars
1 internship and volunteering for some months at a NGO

I would like to know anything that will raise the chances of getting a scholarship, as this is the only way for me to study at HEC.
Thank you in advance!

Posted from my mobile device

Hey angelipi,

Talking about scholarships, you always have two types of scholarships - merit based and need based scholarships. So you can be targeting either of the two.
That said your scholarship application would consist of an essay, through which you would need to justify why you are worthy of the scholarship and why you need the scholarship. Making the essay convincing and highlighting your needs would increase your chances of getting a scholarship.

A few things that they take into consideration for scholarship applications is your GMAT, GPA, endeavors, extracurricular activities and how you would add value to the school. So keeping the following points in mind while drafting your application can definitely help you secure the scholarship you are applying for.

Apart from that you can look at international, national and university scholarships and research the requirements for them. Keep in mind the pointers while drafting your application and you definitely have a good chance of winning a scholarship.

Further, if you are looking for an expert touch on your scholarship application and increase your chances of winning the same, you can check our flagship service All-In-One Solution through the link given below to gain insights into our working of the application process.

Check our All-In-One Solution here-

https://www.mim-essay.com/mim-all-in-one
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Hello, I'd like to have a profile evaluation:

23 year old Indian Male

Bachelors of Commerce (Honors.) from University of Delhi, CGPA-7.797/10 (First Division)

GMAT- yet to take

Work Experience
1) Worked as a Teach for India Fellow for two years after completing my undergrad. Taught Math to 197 students over two years.
2) Two marketing internships at well known organisations

Volunteer Experience- Worked with Feeding India as an associate member for 12 months and a manager for 6 months.

Extracurricular
1) Represented my state cricket team at national level three times
2) Captained my college cricket team for two years and my club team for 7 years
3) President of the Sports Department in college for two years

Post Master goals- To work in a social impact consulting firm such as The Bridgespan Group, Dalberg, etc..

Target schools: HEC Paris MIM, LBS MIM and Insead MIM

Originally posted by AS1997 on 18 Sep 2020, 05:18.
Last edited by AS1997 on 24 Sep 2020, 04:10, edited 1 time in total.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
Speedbird1 wrote:
Respected experts! I would love to know about my chances of getting into ESSEC,ESADE,ESCP,IE for MiM.

GMAT 680
CGPA in Engineering (VIT) - 8.34/10
1 research paper not yet published but under review.
Certificates of achievement from NPTEL conducted by IITs
Co-ordinator of 2-3 events in college.
1 internship from Honda.
Presently working in a medium sized company after graduating from my college in May 2020.
Very passionate about music, cooking, photography.

Hey Speedbird1,

You have a good GPA and GMAT score and you can surely target the colleges you have mentioned. While your grades do play an important part, your extracurricular activities and your other endeavors matter as well because AdComs are looking for applicants with holistically developed profiles.

Looking at the details provided, you have one research paper which is great as it showcases initiative and how you have tried to apply your knowledge and learnings practically. As for your certificates of achievement from NPTEL, you need to highlight the learning that you gained at these events and how you applied the skills you learned practically to create value.

For your extracurricular activities, highlighting how by being the coordinator for events in college showcases helped develop your leadership ability and management skills would add to your application. The schools are looking for applicants who have taken initiative and what impacts they created. So talking about what you did in the role and how you handled problems, planned the events, raised funds. You should dig deeper into this aspect and bring out varied skills in your profile.

On your work experience, you would have to elaborate on your sector and role and showcase how you chose projects or roles directed towards the management aspect. It would add on to your profile and showcase how you have been dedicated towards this field. Properly highlighting this would allow you to stand at par with candidates with more extensive work experience from brand name firms.

Apart from this you could take up certifications in the field of management like 6 Sigma to showcase your interest in the field of management. Also showcasing any volunteering or CSR activities that you participated in during your work experience would highlight your application. If you do not have any yet you should definitely work with a social initiative or an NGO as it would showcase your social initiative and your drive to give back to society.

Speaking of your chances, all the schools you have targeted ESSEC, ESADE, ESCP and IE are in the competitive category and with a strong application you have a 60-70% chance of getting admitted.

A strong application increases your chances of getting admit by upto 30%. Apart from that well crafted application essays help you stand out from the crowd by defining your journey and what you hope to do in the future.

Hence, if you’re planning to apply for the 2021 intake, you can check our flagship service- All-In-One Solution to see how we could assist you in preparing a polished application and highlighting your strengths so that you have a shot at these and even better schools.
Link to our All-In-One Solution-

Here, you can even Book a Free Consulting call to connect with one of our consultants.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Hi everyone!
I am looking for A College that offers master's course in operations:Product/Program Management.Please evaluate my profile as described below and enlist the list of the colleges that are pioneer in terms of of offering the above course:
Name: Yash Mehra
Graduation: BTech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
Graduation percentage:81%
Years of Work Experience as per current date: 2.1
Company:One of the Top IT MNC'S
Domain : Cloud Automation Devops

Since I have just started and want to make my road map for it.It would be very helpful if someone can suggest what are the good colleges that i can look upon for and target my preparation accordingly.An elaborative answers will be appreciated.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 177
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Kudos
Hello,

I am a 23 years old South Asian girl, but my nationality is Italian, and I speak fluently English, Italian, Bengali, French (intermediate) and basic Mandarin.

I completed my Bachelor at the University of Glasgow and Christie's Education in London, an institution of the auction house Christie's (combined course between two institutions famous for art history and art business).

I achieved this year a 2.1 (High Upper Second Class) in History of Art and Art-World practice.
During my four years, I mainly studied art history and the art-world (art market).

Moreover, I have completed many internships, including museums such as Peggy Guggenheim in Venice, Masaki Yada Studio in Berlin and Christie's auction house in London.

I considered for a long time a MiM as it represents the ideal path for a career in arts/luxury administration and art business (e.g. museum/private gallery manager, administration in auction houses).

Therefore, I wanted to ask you if business schools like Essec or Hec would ever consider someone with an unusual background as mine. :)

My GMAT was 630. Do I have any chance to be accepted to a business school in Europe if I improve my GMAT?

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

S.T
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1752
GPA: 4
Send PM
Expert Reply
saahulu hi,
Shimri Winters here. I head the ARINGO Strategy team (and a London Business School alumnus)
it sounds to me like you have a FANTASTIC profile!
1. Italian but with Soth Asia origin, already interesting :)
2. Studying in a great university (Glasgow)
3. Christie's Education - shows you have a direction in life!
4. Internships - again, great! and that fact you interned in London and in Berlin shows you have an international mindset
5. Speaking 5 languages, WOW!
6. GMAT - a bit low. but low GMATs is what we do :)

All in all, you have a very interesting background. the fact it is unorthodox is a good thing!
So "all you are missing" now are some amazing applications (We can gladly help with this)

Happy to review your CV, and hop on a call anytime to answer any additional info. as always, I can be reached on shimriw@ARINGO.com
GOOD LUCK!

saahulu wrote:
Hello,

I am a 23 years old South Asian girl, but my nationality is Italian, and I speak fluently English, Italian, Bengali, French (intermediate) and basic Mandarin.

I completed my Bachelor at the University of Glasgow and Christie's Education in London, an institution of the auction house Christie's (combined course between two institutions famous for art history and art business).

I achieved this year a 2.1 (High Upper Second Class) in History of Art and Art-World practice.
During my four years, I mainly studied art history and the art-world (art market).

Moreover, I have completed many internships, including museums such as Peggy Guggenheim in Venice, Masaki Yada Studio in Berlin and Christie's auction house in London.

I considered for a long time a MiM as it represents the ideal path for a career in arts/luxury administration and art business (e.g. museum/private gallery manager, administration in auction houses).

Therefore, I wanted to ask you if business schools like Essec or Hec would ever consider someone with an unusual background as mine. :)

My GMAT was 630. Do I have any chance to be accepted to a business school in Europe if I improve my GMAT?

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

S.T
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
PietroGirardi wrote:
Nationality: Italian

Sex: male

Age: 21 and I’m starting my last year of bachelor degree in Business and Management.

Undergrad school: top 10 in Ita

GPA = 4

GMAT = hoping 700 but let’s take 680

International experiences:
4 months in Australia and I was also selected for 6 months erasmus in Chicago that was cancelled due to covid.

Volunteering:
1) Working for Banco Alimentare Foundation which donate food to poor families
2) working with problematic kids with CooperativaMartinengo

Work experience:
3 months of internship in EY (big four)
Private tutoring

School I’d like to send my application (I’ll probably apply on R1) for MSc in finance/management

LBS
OXFORD
CAMBRIDGE
LSE
IMPERIAL COLLEGE
ESCP
ESSEC
HEC
BOCCONI

Hey PietroGirardi,

You have a really strong profile.

Your GPA showcases your academic prowess and your undergraduate college being one of the top 10 in the country certainly adds to it. For the GMAT any score above 690 should work for you.

However, the higher you score the better it is since you are targeting the M.Sc. in finance program at the best schools and this would help to showcase your strong quantitative abilities.

Coming to your international experiences, the 4 months in Australia are a great addition to your application. Ensure you highlight what kind of program it was, what was your role there and how it helped you to grow and develop a broader perspective.

You have two volunteering experiences which are again great value additions. These showcase your ability to take up initiatives, impact others and to empathize with other people. B-schools are looking for applicants that are future leaders and such experiences and qualities strengthen your application.
Apart from these, highlighting activities like participation in clubs or associations, management of fests and events or leading sports teams showcases how you have developed more holistically and helps present a more well-rounded profile. In case you are lacking in these, you can start building towards it by leading teams or organizing fests or taking up initiatives while still in your undergrad.

Your 3 months of experience interning with EY is also an add-on to your profile. You should showcase what field the internship was in management or finance, what was your role there, the projects you undertook and what your impacts and learnings were at this role.

As you are targeting top schools for M.Sc. in Finance or Management. The schools that you have shortlisted, they fall under the following categories

Dream: LBS, Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, Imperial and HEC

Competitive: ESCP, ESSEC and Bocconi

You would have a 40-50% chance of getting the admit from the schools in the dream category and a 60-70% chance from the schools in the competitive category. To increase your chances of getting admitted at these schools you would need to ensure that you have a very strong application to back your profile. You need to showcase your journey, what makes you different from your peers and how you are a great value addition to the school.

Hence, if you’re planning to apply for the 2021 intake, you can check our flagship service- All-In-One Solution to see how we could assist you in preparing a polished application and highlighting your strengths so that you have a shot at these and even better schools.

Here, you can even Book a Free Consulting call to connect with one of our consultants.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
pankhuriarora28 wrote:
Hi,
I'd like to have my profile evaluated.

23 years. Female.
I am preparing for GMAT and planning to give it in a month or so.
2 Years of work ex in an MNC in India.
Well technically will be completing 2 years in June 2021.
GPA 4.0 in Information Technology.
B.Tech from a reputed university in India.

Many extracurriculars such as MUNs, participation in college fests organization(if that counts).
National level Chess player.
Published a research paper.
Other than that trained in classical Indian dance and music( for this also I'm not sure if it counts or not).
Target Schools : LBS, INSEAD.

Also I have another question.
Should I apply for MIM or MBA?
Because for MBA I would need more work ex than 2 years.
And even if any college is accepting my MBA application it wouldn't be the top colleges in US/Europe.
So what is better MIM in a good college or MBA in an average college?

Hey pankhuriarora28,

First off an MBA is a manager's degree and generally requires work experience of 4-5 years or more. However, you can still apply to the MBA programs but it would be really hard to get an admit into the top colleges since you have a work experience of approximately 1.5 years and you would be competing against applicants with an average work experience of at least 5 years.

Since, the brand you are graduating from matters, so doing an MBA from a top ranked university is better than an MBA from any average university. Since you fall short of work experience for the top ranked universities so applying for an MBA program at this point would not work well in your favor. Whereas, the MIM program is targeted towards the freshers with 0-2 years of work experience thus, as power your current profile it would be more ideal.

Diving into your profile evaluation, you have maintained a great GPA, the brand of your university might be a slight drawback, unless the reputed university is an IIT or an NIT, since you will be competing against applicants from these colleges. However, that can be compensated by your extracurricular, your GPA, a strong GMAT score and a strong application that showcases how you have grown at your own university, such as the research paper you published which is a testament to your academics and showcases your ability to apply your knowledge practically.

Speaking of the GMAT you should at least aim for a score of 690, the higher you score the better it is, as it would showcase your strong academic prowess.

You have a lot of extracurricular activities, the MUNs and College fests definitely count.
For the MUNs highlighting what you did there and what you learned (communication skills, exposure) is important.

Adding any kind of volunteering experience to your profile would help bolster your application since B-schools are looking for applicants with an inclination for social change. So joining an NGO would help to showcase your ability to empathize with other people and help develop your profile more holistically.

Coming to your work experience, you would need to highlight what your role was here, the kind of projects taken up and initiatives you took. To show your inclination towards the management side you could take up some certifications like 6 Sigma or MOOCs on Coursera and EDX related to your goals.

Your target schools LBS and INSEAD both come under the dream category.
LBS favors international experience so if you could have any international experience it would work in your favor. Since both come under the dream category your chances of admission to these schools is in the 40-50%. To increase your chances you would need to create a very strong application consisting of Essays, LOR and Resume.

LBS has over 12-14 essays that talk about your entire profile, so making good use of the essays to highlight the unique qualities of your profile will help you stand out.
INSEAD also has a couple of essays, so showcasing your motivations and passions can be a differentiator in your application.

Since, dream schools have a very stringent acceptance rate of 12-15%, you need to target a mix of dream, competitive and safe schools.To help you understand better below is the category wise school list:

Dream : LBS, INSEAD,
Competitive : ESCP, ESSEC, IE, FSFM
Safe : University of Bath, Lancaster University, EDHEC.

While the profile you have showcased is great, you should definitely focus on building a strong application that highlights your choices and why you did what you did, so that you can stand out amongst equally great peers and increase your chances.

Further, if you need a more in-depth profile evaluation and for help in forming your application you can email us your resume at info@mim-essay.com and further you can also check out this free profile evaluation tool for same :

https://www.mim-essay.com/profile-evaluation/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V28
Send PM
Nationality: Italian

Sex: female

GPA = 3.4

Bachelor's degree = 101/110

I attended one of the top 10 universities in Italy

GMAT = 660

International experiences:
I worked for 1 month in the UK a couple of years ago, and now I'm going to spend 3 month in Slovakia to work as well.

Volunteering:
I have worked in a dog shelter for more than one year

Work experience:
During university, I have worked in a restaurant

Extra activities:
I have studied Japanese for 3 years, and I achieved N5 on the JLPT Test.
I'm about to take the TOEFL Test, I should score at least 100/120
Also, I studied German in high school and after TOEFL I want to try to make a test and score a B1

The schools I’d like to send my application (R1) for Master's programs in Management/Marketing (CEMS too) are:
Aalto University (Finland), Stockholm School of Economics (Sweden), Copenhagen Business School CBS (Denmark), Norwegian School of Economics (Norway), Rotterdam School of Management (Netherlands) and ESCP

Originally posted by Caterina98 on 24 Sep 2020, 03:01.
Last edited by Caterina98 on 24 Sep 2020, 10:54, edited 1 time in total.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
nabeeldochki wrote:
Hi All,

I need a profile evaluation for Masters in Management from HEC, LBS or Insead

I am a Pakistani National. Please let me know about my chances to get into these Masters program.

Education: ACCA, BSc Hon in Applied Accountancy from Oxford Brooks University (off campus, affiliate program of ACCA) & CFA Level 1

Achievements: Two nationwide positions from ACCA Pakistan, First Class Degree from Oxford Brooks University & 90th Percentile in CFA Level 1.

Work Experience: 1 Year as an Equity Analyst.

GMAT: Target Score 700.

Hey nabeeldochki,

You have a pretty decent profile.

You haven’t mentioned the GPA but the First class Degree from Oxford Brooks does showcase your academic prowess. Given your core interest in finance, majoring with a bachelor’s in Applied Accountancy reflects your passion to build a strong foundation in the field of Finance.

Also, your work experience as an Equity Analyst complements your interest in finance. You haven’t mentioned the company name but in case it’s not a global brand, you would be required to focus on the kind of roles you have undertaken, the projects you undertook, and the positive impact you were able to create during your stint. Thus, effectively showcasing your work ex can help you establish in the minds of the admission's committee that you are no less than a Big 4 candidate.

CFA certificates will act as an add-on to your profile. This certification greatly conveys your passion for finance and a proactive attitude towards learning and advancing your skills.

Another significant aspect that schools focus is on extracurricular activities. So you would be required to elucidate your pro activeness in extracurricular and other initiatives. In case you don’t have any, it's recommended to work upon the same to build a holistic profile. You can take up volunteering work at local shelters or more certifications in the field of finance.

Your target score of 700 is a good score and would not only be adept in displaying your academic prowess but would also open the doors for most of the top business programs for you. Although, I’d like to mention here that HEC is a pretty competitive school so you need to make sure that you work hard on your application and try to ace every part of the same.

Coming on to your target schools, HEC Paris, LBS and INSEAD all fall into the dream category. Clearly not saying that you don’t have a strong profile for those schools, only that they have a very low acceptance rate, somewhere between 8-15%. So getting into these competitive programs and schools, you’ll need a strong application that sets you apart from the competition.

Hence, It is ideal to target a mix of schools from the dream, competitive, and safe category. You can check out the lists of schools that you can target apart from the one mentioned above :

Dream : LSE, Duke, Cornell
Competitive : ESSEC, ESCP, EDHEC
Safe : University of Bath, Lancaster University, Kedge, Cranfield, Neoma Business Schools

Further,you can take a FREE Profile Evaluation through the link given below to gain insights into your profile strengths and weaknesses and even receive a list of school suggestions that best match your profile.

Link for the profile evaluation-

SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
Marmalade598 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Would like my profile evaluated for HEC and INSEAD MiM, LSE MSc Management and Strategy, and ICL Economics and Strategy for Business

Nationality: Indian

Undergrad:
BSc in Government and Economics, LSE, 2:1 (Appx 3.33 GPA)

GRE: 160V 165Q

Work Experience:

1+ years of work experience working in public sector consulting for a Big 4. Won a few high-performance awards here. Can get a stellar professional recommendation.

Career Goal: Work for a Management Consultancy in the UK as a Business Analyst

Hey Marmalade598,

You have a pretty decent profile.

To commence your profile evaluation, I would say that your academic background is quite strong. Your GPA of 3.33 not only displays your academic prowess but also opens a lot of opportunities and doors to top business schools for you. The brand name of LSE is the further cherry on top and aids in strengthening your profile.

Your GRE score is also decent. A score of 325 exemplifies your academic caliber and would allow you to target most of the top business schools.

Your work experience in public sector consulting compliments your interest in the consulting field and aligns with your future goals of becoming a Business Analyst. The big 4 is a further add-on to the strength of your profile and definitely will help you make your profile competitive.

Given your schools of choice, HEC and INSEAD fall under a dream category school whereas
LSE and ICL fall under the competitive category.

A strong application holds 30% of weightage in the entire admission process and as you would be competing with other candidates with similar strong profiles, it becomes imperative that you craft an application that successfully highlights not only your caliber but also your potential to add value to the school.

As major chances of your admission depend on the quality of your application, you might be seeking expert advice on your application process, hence I would suggest you to book a FREE consultation call with our experienced consultants that would help you strategize and build the perfect course of action for your application.

Link for the FREE consultation call-

https://www.mim-essay.com/book-an-appointment-form/
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
HI everyone. could you please evaluate my chances this year at some MiM Programmes(Duke MMS, Ross MiM, ESSEC, ESADE, IE) based on my profile:

23 Yr Old India - Economics Major from Top 10 undergrad universities in India
3.5/4 GPA - According to Gmat Conversion table
Gmat - 720
Internships - 3 Month Internship in a Huge Government sector - CENTRAL ELECTRICITY REGULATORY COMMISSION (CERC)
Research work regarding electricity trading between several countries with 1 published paper

Work Ex - 1Yr and 7 months in a foreign investment firm as an analyst with some international exposure (mainly Japan and Singapore)
been promoted twice and have led a team of 5 people in 2 projects in the last 6 months with considerable success

Extra-Curricular - a member of the economics society in college with the responsibility of organising events for the first 2 years
State-level basketball player in school - 2013, 2014
Topped in a state-level English olympiad
Musician with a couple of projects out

I also know french

thank you
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi everyone!

I hope you are well. I just wanted to ask you to evaluate my profile and tell me what are the chances of getting in one of the following MiM programmes:

- ESSEC
- HEC
- EDHEC
- Bocconi
- LSE
- ESCP

My profile:

- 21 y.o. Italian
- 3rd Year BSc Political Economy student at KCL (on track for a 1st/ 4.0 GPA)
- Taken modules like Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Advanced Macroeconomics, Mathematics for Economics,
Econometrics etc.
- Undergraduate Research Fellow
- Worked as research assistant and research intern at a research institute (field of linguistic and computational
analysis)
- Took admin roles (secretary, analyst and VP) in different Uni societies (Asset Management, Financing Group Society,
Political Economy)
- GMAT 680 (Q43, V40); should I retake it?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Duke Fuqua MQM vs Duke Fuqua MMS?

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
kurama007 wrote:

Duke Fuqua MMS
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
IceBoi wrote:
kurama007 wrote:

Duke Fuqua MMS

Why, may I ask?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
AS1997 wrote:
Hello, I'd like to have a profile evaluation:

23 year old Indian Male

Bachelors of Commerce (Honors.) from University of Delhi, CGPA-7.797/10 (First Division)

GMAT- yet to take

Work Experience
1) Worked as a Teach for India Fellow for two years after completing my undergrad. Taught Math to 197 students over two years.
2) Two marketing internships at well known organisations

Volunteer Experience- Worked with Feeding India as an associate member for 12 months and a manager for 6 months.

Extracurricular
1) Represented my state cricket team at national level three times
2) Captained my college cricket team for two years and my club team for 7 years
3) President of the Sports Department in college for two years

Post Master goals- To work in a social impact consulting firm such as The Bridgespan Group, Dalberg, etc..

Target schools: HEC Paris MIM, LBS MIM and Insead MIM

Hey AS1997,

Coming to your profile evaluation, you have a good GPA that showcases your academic prowess, however, while your grades do play an important part, your extracurricular activities and your other endeavors matter as well because AdComs are looking for applicants with holistically developed profiles.

For your extracurricular activities, do portray your ability to take up initiatives, impact others and to empathize with other people and B-schools are looking for applicants that are future leaders and such experiences and qualities instantly strengthen your application.

As you are actively involved in sports and have participated at the national level and captained your team, you can showcase skills like leadership, team spirit and perseverance. Talking about your achievements and how sports has helped you grow and imbibe positive traits would add to your profile. Adcoms look for how you created value in these events so you need to showcase how you created impacts in these events and went above and beyond your role.

As for your work experience, working as a fellow of teach for India is directed towards helping the underprivileged, something that business schools definitely appreciate. Here you can highlight your strengths by talking about the kind of initiatives you undertook, how you created a positive impact in the lives of your students and can showcase how you have been socially inclined.

So, all in all, you have a pretty holistically developed profile and can be definitely targeting top B-schools!
Moving on to discuss the schools you are targeting, as the Master's in Management program is targeted towards freshers with 0-2 years of work experience. However, there are a few schools that allow flexibility of work experience which you could target.

That said LBS and HEC have a very stringent work experience criteria so if you have crossed the 2 year mark, targeting LBS would not be recommended. As for INSEAD, while the school is flexible on the work experience front, I would suggest you to mail the school to confirm your eligibility before applying.

All the schools you are targeting come under the dream category. For the schools in this category a GMAT score of 710+ would help. You should definitely aim to score as high as you can since a strong GMAT score would bolster the AdComs confidence in your academic abilities and improve your acceptance chances.

One thing to keep in mind is, Dream schools have a very stringent acceptance rate of 12-15%. Hence, it is always better to target a mix of dream, competitive and safe schools.To help you understand better, I’ve suggested a few schools that you could be targeting according to the different categories.

Dream : HEC , INSEAD, LBS
Competitive : ESCP, ESSEC, ESADE, FSFM, IE
Safe : EDHEC, Skema, Grenoble, IESEG

To increase your chances of getting admitted at these schools you would need to ensure that you have a very strong application consisting of well drafted Essays, LORs and resume to back your profile. You need to showcase your journey, what makes you different from your peers and how you are a great value addition to the school.

Since you are planning for the 2021 intake, if you can pull off your GMAT in the first week of October, you can definitely target the round 1 deadlines. Applying during Round 1 would give you a higher chance of securing an admit and allow you to secure scholarships too. That said, you should start preparing your applications to these schools in parallel since each application takes 10-15 days to be perfected. This way, as soon as you have your scores in hand, you can apply to the schools.

On this note, if you are looking to target the top B-schools and want to prepare a strong application to meet the Round 1 deadlines right on time, you can check our comprehensive all in one solution that has helped thousands of applicants get into their dream schools including schools like HEC, INSEAD and LBS!

SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
saahulu wrote:
Hello,

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

S.T

Hey saahulu,

You have a unique profile. Your nationality and fluency in languages showcases your cultural adaptability and broadened perspective which definitely works in your favor. Academically you have a great GPA and your undergraduate program in Art History while unique, will help differentiate you from the crowd. Most B-schools are looking to add diversity to their cohort and your background gives you a unique perspective which definitely provides a value addition to their program.

As you haven’t mentioned any details about your extracurricular activities, I’d like to let you know that Extracurricular participation play an important role in strengthening your applications as B-schools are on the hunt for all-rounder profiles. That said, it is essential to shed some light on the endeavors you’ve taken up at any clubs, associations, sports, fest or events you managed or participated in during your undergrad. Volunteering initiatives, certifications or internships undertaken during the course of your study would also count towards your extracurricular initiatives. Thus, you should dig deeper into this aspect and bring out varied skills in your profile or seek to build in this area if the need be.

As far as your work experience goes, you ought to explain and highlight the major projects of your work and how these experiences helped to develop and further groom your management skills and knowledge. Highlight why you chose these firms, how you have gone beyond the role, any initiatives you took and any kind of impact created to establish a connection with your goals and portray the knowledge gained from these experiences.
Coming to your GMAT, while your score is slightly low, I would recommend that you retake the test to get a score of above 690, as this would allow you to target all the top schools.

However, if you have no plans of retaking the exam, you could still target schools like :
ESADE, EDHEC, ESSEC, FSFM, IE, Ivey, and more.

Further, for a more in-depth profile evaluation and more recommendations for schools and target programs you can check out our FREE profile evaluation tool that will help define where you stand amongst your competition

Hope this helped!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  38   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts