Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:52 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1807 [0]
Given Kudos: 203
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
GMAT Club Reviews PM Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 754 [0]
Given Kudos: 522
Schools: ISB'22 (D)
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
GMAT PREP. Which study material or online help should I seek [#permalink]
Harshetha, e-GMAT helped me learn the most basic concepts of both Verbal and Quants, and I have personally benefited a lot from it. You can read my review at https://gmatclub.com/reviews/user/siddharthkapoor which explains why e-GMAT suited me.

I would recommend you to sign up for any of the GMAT preparation services listed here on GMAT Club because they are exhaustive courses which cover everything you need to get ready for GMAT, right from the fundamentals, but before subscribing, I suggest you to explore individual products and to take some time to read user reviews.
GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1800 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Re: GMAT PREP. Which study material or online help should I seek [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Harshetha wrote:
Can someone here please suggest me the best study material/course for GMAT?
I'm neither great at quants nor verbal. I would like to learn from the very basics.
Please if someone could suggest me the best study material/course which could help me, it would be really grateful.

I initially thought I could go ahead with Jamboree. But I'm not very sure about it.

Kindly help

Posted from my mobile device

Hi Harshetha,

I understand that choosing an online course can be quite challenging as there are plenty of online courses available. The best way to choose an online course is to check the free trial of the course, see if it's suitable for you and then decide. Let me elaborate it you.

As every student has unique requirements, it is important to choose an online course which is suitable for you. There are a few factors which you have to consider while evaluating a course. You can refer to this blog regarding “The key factors to consider while evaluating the right course” to understand how to evaluate a course.

If you are open to suggestions, I would recommend you to check the free trial of GMATWhiz. To brief you out,
  • GMATWhiz is a course which provides you with a personalized study plan integrated with a course
  • It employs a methodical way of teaching concepts
  • The concept booster and practice quizzes help you understand the right methodology to solve GMAT like questions

You can get a clearer idea of the course by checking the free trial of the course. If you wish to know more about the course or the study strategy, you can schedule a free consultation call using the below link.

Click here to schedule a call
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Yes choosing an online course can be difficult as there are many options for online courses available. The strategy you can follow an online course is to check the free trial of the course, then decide .it is suitable for you or not by the way you can check a platform that is known as preped I suggesting this one because it is providing premium quality material with no cost you can check in by login at preped otherwise, you can go through by any paid online course too but first, use their trial.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Harshetha,

It sounds as though you are just starting your studies. Is that true? Have you done any studying so far?

If you are just beginning your studies, then it would be a good idea to take a FULL-LENGTH practice CAT Test; you can take 2 for free at www.mba.com (and they come with some additional practice materials). If you want to do a little studying first, so that you can familiarize yourself with the basic content and question types, then that's okay - but you shouldn't wait too long to take that initial CAT. That score will give us a good sense of your natural strengths and weaknesses and will help provide a basis for comparison as you continue to study. A FULL CAT takes about 3.5 hours to complete, so make sure that you've set aside enough time to take it in one sitting. Once you have that score, you should post back here (or you can feel free to contact me directly) and we can come up with a study plan.

I'd like to know a bit more about your timeline and goals:
1) What is your goal score?
2) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
3) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 3528 [1]
Given Kudos: 149
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Expert Reply
Harshetha wrote:
Please if someone could suggest me the best study material/course which could help me, it would be really grateful.

Hi Harshetha, best way would be to do some trial classes with few GMAT service providers, and then decide.

The ability of the instructor and your comfort level in the class, should be the most important decision criteria.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22047 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Regarding prep courses, in addition to seeking advice in this thread, take a look at the GMAT Club reviews for the best quant and verbal courses, and also read through some GMAT success stories to see what materials have worked well for other test-takers.

Also, would you like some general advice on how to improve your verbal and quant skills?

You also may find it helpful to read this article about how to score a 700+ on the GMAT.

Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot