Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:46 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V30
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 84
GMAT 1: 550 Q44 V22
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
shiva3415 wrote:
No charges are applicable as of now for rescheduling. I have rescheduled and not been charged anything.

Posted from my mobile device

yes but is this going to change from 23rd sept?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 146
GMAT 1: 610 Q46 V28
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V36
Send PM
Guys, can we get an ESR report for the Online GMAT exam?
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2412 [0]
Given Kudos: 272
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
My advice: if you've been preparing to sit for the GMAT Online, but have kept postponing your test date for one reason or another, then finally taking the exam for the first time on Monday 9/21 or Tuesday 9/22 should be a very tempting option--assuming that registration is still available for those dates.

Why? It's your very last chance to take the exam before 1) the price increases from $200 to $250, and 2) GMAT Online exams begin counting toward the yearly (5) and lifetime (8) attempt limits. In addition, given GMAC's recent retake announcement, we now know that you are allowed a 2nd attempt at the online exam (for $250), if the first attempt does not go as planned.

Good luck!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1805 [2]
Given Kudos: 203
Send PM
Kudos
mcelroytutoring wrote:
My advice: if you've been preparing to sit for the GMAT Online, but have kept postponing your test date for one reason or another, then finally taking the exam for the first time on Monday 9/21 or Tuesday 9/22 should be a very tempting option--assuming that registration is still available for those dates.

Why? It's your very last chance to take the exam before 1) the price increases from $200 to $250, and 2) GMAT Online exams begin counting toward the yearly (5) and lifetime (8) attempt limits. In addition, given GMAC's recent retake announcement, we now know that you are allowed a 2nd attempt at the online exam (for $250), if the first attempt does not go as planned.

Good luck!

The flip side of the above is the following:

If the person waits for some longer time after September 23, prepares well and then takes the test (for the first time), then they might well end up with a good enough acceptable score. In that case, there would be no need for an additional retake test. $250 saved versus $200 + $250 spent in the above scenario.

My advice remains that testtakers take the test when they are reasonably "fully" ready and not be swayed by a few dollars, however hefty that sum of money may be. It is understood that it is difficult to know when one is fully ready, However, being swayed by extraneous elements may sometimes cause greater harm in the longer run.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
How about rescehduling of first attempt which is scheuled before 23rd, if we reschedule it after 23rd, will it come under this new policy or older one?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72859 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Umesh14uv wrote:
How about rescehduling of first attempt which is scheuled before 23rd, if we reschedule it after 23rd, will it come under this new policy or older one?

It is not clear the way it is written but it sounds like the policies and fees start on the 23rd and looking at how unfriendly GMAT has been, one could make an assumption that even for tests scheduled before the 23rd they would still charge change fees if you make a change after 23 September.

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
bb wrote:
Umesh14uv wrote:
How about the rescheduling of the first attempt which is scheduled before 23rd, if we reschedule it after 23rd, will it come under this new policy or the older one?

It is not clear the way it is written but it sounds like the policies and fees start on the 23rd and looking at how unfriendly GMAT has been, one could make an assumption that even for tests scheduled before the 23rd they would still charge change fees if you make a change after 23 September.

thanks, BB for the reply, I would be more interested, if the exam will be included in the number of attempts limits as per the new policy.
The scenario is like this:
I have the GMAT online exam scheduled on the 22nd
if I reschedule it on 21st September for the date of the exam as the 28th of September.
Will it come in the new policy of online exam which is going to be effective from 23rd or no?

As far as the fee is concerned, I tried to do it, it doesn't ask for a reschedule fee till the proceed checkout step.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72859 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Any test taken after September 23 would be included in the annual and lifetime limit. I don’t think the date a booking is the deciding factor but rather the date of the test.

PS. Of course I think it would be more fair to allow people who have already booked tests out to let them take those under the old policies but that’s me.

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 363 [0]
Given Kudos: 162
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V45
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
bb
ScottTargetTestPrep
... and of course all others following this thread.

Is it adviseable to either speed up quant slightly and use the last 2-3 minutes on the last online GMAT quant questions to just 'relax' and zone out for a couple of minutes? I also have the tendency to finish verbal quite early, so timing was never the issue.

I thus think about shaving the last 2-3 minutes off of quant and the first 3 minutes off of verbal to get at least somewhat of a break in. Recommendable?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [0]
Given Kudos: 163
Schools: IIMA PGPX'23
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39 (Online)
Send PM
chrtpmdr wrote:
bb
ScottTargetTestPrep
... and of course all others following this thread.

Is it adviseable to either speed up quant slightly and use the last 2-3 minutes on the last online GMAT quant questions to just 'relax' and zone out for a couple of minutes? I also have the tendency to finish verbal quite early, so timing was never the issue.

I thus think about shaving the last 2-3 minutes off of quant and the first 3 minutes off of verbal to get at least somewhat of a break in. Recommendable?

chrtpmdr

I have taken GMAT last year, scoring a decent 660. Initially struggling to improve my verbal score, I have always given more focus, time and attention to the Verbal questions, which they genuinely demand and hence, I have always followed Verbal-Quants-IR-AWA approach in the main test as well as in all of the mocks (because I want to attack verbal with a fresh and clear mind) and was following the same even till now when I decided to retake the exam in the online version, sometime before Dec 31. But seeing the weird and unjustifiable decision of GMAC to remove the choice of selecting section order from the exam, let alone forget about the break in between the sections, I am also thinking to go for the same strategy. We don't have any other choice left, unfortunately.

Experts, please comment. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 99
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V34
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V36 (Online)
WE:General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Dear GMATClubers.. I am back after a misadventure with GRE.. I was one of those guys who bashed the GMAT Online and went to try GRE.. GRE learning was fun at start but I found GRE is no where near the rigor or thrill of GMAT (very subjective, I know).. So I took an Online GMAT without much prep (shifting from GRE) and scored a 700. Loved the online GMAT experience.. The check-in process was smooth and I got my score in 72 hours! Now I am planning for a retake in September last week..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
In this regard, I have an interesting theory regarding the Online GMAT Retake.. With the price increased to $250, and the attempt being counted, will the GMAC give us a score preview like the test centre? My theory is that post-23rd, they may give a preview/review of score but you can't get it officially on your mba.com account till the exam recording and documents are duly verified/vetted. It is like you can see your score at the end of exam (and guess what's coming your way in few days) but can get it on your account only after due verification process.

The following evidence supports my theory:

1) GMAC survey post-online exam asked for many questions regarding the score preview/score availability etc. (May be they have learnt that most of us had this complaint/request)
2) GMAC sent a retake email and the following is copy-pasted from the email.

"This price adjustment more closely aligns the test center and online exams and reflects our commitment to deliver flexibility and continuous enhancements including:

Unlimited and free score reporting
Exam accommodations
Choice of physical and/or online whiteboard
Post-exam score review and control before sending to programs
Additional retesting options (coming September 23)"

I want your comments on this. Technically it may not be difficult for GMAC to offer this. With the increase in exam fee, they must offer this thing at the least...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [1]
Given Kudos: 163
Schools: IIMA PGPX'23
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39 (Online)
Send PM
Kudos
Mayor wrote:
Dear GMATClubers.. I am back after a misadventure with GRE.. I was one of those guys who bashed the GMAT Online and went to try GRE.. GRE learning was fun at start but I found GRE is no where near the rigor or thrill of GMAT (very subjective, I know).. So I took an Online GMAT without much prep (shifting from GRE) and scored a 700. Loved the online GMAT experience.. The check-in process was smooth and I got my score in 72 hours! Now I am planning for a retake in September last week..

Mayor

Congrats man for reaching the 700 club! :blushing: :blushing:
Yes, I remember my GRE experience two years back and hence, can completely relate to the thrill and love for the subjects tested in GMAT.

On an unrelated topic, did you stick to only official GMAT mocks or did you try any test prep mocks as well? Even I am planning to take my GMAT online most probably by Nov-end.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 146
GMAT 1: 610 Q46 V28
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V36
Send PM
can we get a score card or score report for the GMAT Online exam, like we get for the In Center GMAT exam?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Took the online gmat on 21st September .3 PM Slot
Major Drawbacks - Logged in at 2:30 but the exam started at 3:30 !!!!!.
An Extra hour makes you anxious and nervous .

P.S - The proctor didn't utter a word during the whole exam.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 84
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V27 (Online)
Send PM
DivyanshuGupta61 wrote:
can we get a score card or score report for the GMAT Online exam, like we get for the In Center GMAT exam?

No we dont.

We can send scores directly to universities.
We just have to take a screenshot and upload where ever we need to upload our score report.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sssanskaar wrote:
Mayor wrote:

Mayor

Congrats man for reaching the 700 club! :blushing: :blushing:
Yes, I remember my GRE experience two years back and hence, can completely relate to the thrill and love for the subjects tested in GMAT.

On an unrelated topic, did you stick to only official GMAT mocks or did you try any test prep mocks as well? Even I am planning to take my GMAT online most probably by Nov-end.

Thank you.. :)
I used the official GMAT Prep mocks 1-6 (still have 1 left) and have also opted for GMATClub and expertsglobal mocks.. Took couple of GMATClub mocks (they have section-based mocks also) and one expertsglobal (they have 15 mocks in total).. The best part is that both of these tests (series) have an interface which is very similar to official GMAT exam. Questions are also of good quality.. Best of luck
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  132   133   134   135   136  ...  183