Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 21:48 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 21:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: SWE
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.8
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Re: Sloan Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hello all, and hope everybody is staying safe! Would love an honest profile evaluation if possible. I've requested evals on a couple other schools' forums so apologies if I should have condensed into one master post.

Background:
White Male
Age 26

College:
Finance degree from "Public Ivy" (but not one that's quite UVA/Berkeley caliber) with top 10 undergraduate business school
3.6 GPA

GMAT: 730

Work Experience:
4 years at top real estate mortgage banking firm (though unsure if MBA programs have a sense for what "top" mortgage banking firms are, so not sure how much this helps me). Have held multiple roles within the firm, a path I chose to broaden my skill set.

Extracurriculars:
Admittedly a weak spot. Outside of work I stay involved with a leadership role in my high school's alumni association, which is something I'm passionate about, but I'm not sure how this would be viewed by an MBA admissions office.

Post MBA Goals:
Move to investment side of real estate, leverage Wharton brand and network to help source equity investor relationships. However a lot of the interest in pursuing an MBA is to explore the PropTech field, where I could leverage my real estate knowledge but would certainly be looking at it though a different lens that MBA classes and connections would really help with.

Other comments:
Would be nervous to seek a recommendation from a direct supervisor given economic uncertainty during the pandemic, but could get a good recommendation from a direct supervisor who now works for a competitor.
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1751
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Sloan Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
gmatfan5 wrote:
Hello all, and hope everybody is staying safe! Would love an honest profile evaluation if possible. I've requested evals on a couple other schools' forums so apologies if I should have condensed into one master post.

Background:
White Male
Age 26

College:
Finance degree from "Public Ivy" (but not one that's quite UVA/Berkeley caliber) with top 10 undergraduate business school
3.6 GPA

GMAT: 730

Work Experience:
4 years at top real estate mortgage banking firm (though unsure if MBA programs have a sense for what "top" mortgage banking firms are, so not sure how much this helps me). Have held multiple roles within the firm, a path I chose to broaden my skill set.

Extracurriculars:
Admittedly a weak spot. Outside of work I stay involved with a leadership role in my high school's alumni association, which is something I'm passionate about, but I'm not sure how this would be viewed by an MBA admissions office.

Post MBA Goals:
Move to investment side of real estate, leverage Wharton brand and network to help source equity investor relationships. However a lot of the interest in pursuing an MBA is to explore the PropTech field, where I could leverage my real estate knowledge but would certainly be looking at it though a different lens that MBA classes and connections would really help with.

Other comments:
Would be nervous to seek a recommendation from a direct supervisor given economic uncertainty during the pandemic, but could get a good recommendation from a direct supervisor who now works for a competitor.

Gmatfan5 hi,
My name is Shimri Winters and I head the strategy team here at ARINGO.

you have a solid profile
GPA is good , GMAT is great, work experience sounds ok (hope you had 1-2 promotions along the way?)

I love real estate candidates (We worked with quite a few this year). the reasons is
a. everyone "gets it"
b. the industry is finally changing with PropTech with the use of big data and other tools

the fact that you come from the mortgage side of real estate is actually an advantage and I think you can use this for your career goals ("I know what people need, it is not what they have today, and I want to change this")
So, I think your career goals should be around this? perhaps working in a PropTech startup? companies like compass.com, flip.lease , peerstreet.com or others who are changing the way we buy or rent a property and long term founding your own PropTech startup? this is way more exciting than simply saying "property investments" (which many other candidates, who actually have experience in real estate investments will say...)

SO, all in all, it is all up to how you write the applications!
If the applications are special enough, you can definitely go for all the top programs (the best fit in my eyes would probably be: Haas, Columbia, Anderson, Wharton but they are many others that combine real estate, tech, finance and entrepreneurship (which are the 4 cores you should emphasize in your why MBA essay)

Happy to discuss further if you are seeking professional assistance with your applications. I can always be reached on Shimriw@ARINGO.com

GOOD LUCK!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Send PM
Hello! Could you please help me evaluate my profile?
Background and nationality: Russian and Italian, female, 21
Undergrad Information
GMAT: 800
Work experience and leadership: internship at Swiss investment banking
GPA: 3.3/4
Education: BSc Bocconi university in Economics and Management
Other certifications: Ielts, PCEP, ICDL
Extracurricular: horse riding competitions, 5 languages (French, Russian, English, Italian and Arabic) , volunteering experiences.

Posted from my mobile device
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
You have a very interesting profile, but its a real problem that you don't have any work experience. Are you looking at deferred admission or something like that? GSB might be a better gamble - Sloan is all about demonstrated impact on the job and the applicants are slightly older.

99G wrote:
Hello! Could you please help me evaluate my profile?
Background and nationality: Russian and Italian, female, 21
Undergrad Information
GMAT: 800
Work experience and leadership: internship at Swiss investment banking
GPA: 3.3/4
Education: BSc Bocconi university in Economics and Management
Other certifications: Ielts, PCEP, ICDL
Extracurricular: horse riding competitions, 5 languages (French, Russian, English, Italian and Arabic) , volunteering experiences.

Posted from my mobile device
Yale Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 91
Send PM
Hi,
Requesting evaluation of my profile for MIT Sloan !!

Indian male, 28, GMAT 740, Computer Engineer - Top 25 Univ. (72/100 - 4.00 as per GMAC)
Experience: 6.5 yrs work-ex across Social Impact Consulting (3 years), Non - profit research and software development
Currently: leading and mentoring a 5 member team in one of India's largest Social Impact Consulting firm - Engagement Manager: managing a 30million P&L, 20million sales GTM strategy. 2 promotions in 2.5 years - advice CXOs of large corporations, NGOs and multilateral orgs. on social sector strategy and advisory using research and data (think the application of machine learning on primary datasets)

In the current role:
1. Enabled Google to understand the Impact of its AI-powered mobile app to improve reading fluency of 1million kids across India - designed implementation strategy to scale impact from 9+ countries to 189 countries impacting 20million+ kids:
2. Helping Microsoft design its long term CSR strategy in India: impacting >1million youth
3. Impacting >10million people across India through strategic advisory support to CXOs of some of the largest social Impact programs of the world

Previously:
Grassroot Research at one of the world’s premier education non-profit
1. Enabled education policy level changes across 2 Indian states impacting >10million school going kid - Researched across 23 Indian states: remote rural locations: liaison with Central and state govt. enabling policy level changes
2. Managed world’s largest citizen-led student assessment in two Indian states: managing > 3000 volunteers

Strategic Advisory to a small non-profit
1. Designed, implemented and scaled a Design Thinking program to impact 10,000+ school students across 179 Indian schools - the program now scaling to over 600 schools across an Indian state - still using the strategy and models I developed for expansion
2. Enabling the migration of a unique teacher development program to a tech platform - acting as a product manager for the same

Software Developer for a year

Extracurricular
1. Developed a participatory policy-making software platform - selected as a semi-finalist at ASEM (ASEAN + Europe: 52 country-wide) stage
2. Two national finalist positions ( Top 20 in >100,000 participants)
3. Invited delegate- two global forums (among 250/5000 participants from 175 nationalities)
4. Youngest Invited speaker to India's largest Social Innovation Forum - presented a unique approach to social impact program implementation - whitepaper written on it by me will be out soon
5. Guest Faculty to 2 Top Indian MBA colleges - lecture Public sector leaders on strategic Social Impact
6. Mentor to 7 IIM students and CEO of a small NGO running innovative schools impacting 40,000+ students
7. Developed an emotion-based media player as a college major project - liquidated the same to a tech startup

Career motivation: traveled across the country for grassroots research and understood that the problem I want to solve is that of education and skilling. Background in computer science and the emergence of data science provided the sweet spot to work at the intersection of technology being adaptive to a user's education and skilling needs.

Short term goals: Want to enter the product management space as an AI product manager (already have developed and envisaged multiple tech products as mentioned above) to understand how tech products as envisaged - developed - marketed to impact at a global stage.

Long term: want to develop my own product that would work at an intersection of tech - education and skilling to create an impact in India and Africa.

Could you please comment on my chances at MIT Sloan? What are the areas that I should focus on to improve my profile further?

Many Thanks in advance !!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Kudos
Hello Everyone,

Below is my information. Please help provide some feedback! Thank you much!

Background and nationality:
26 years old, Asian American

Undergrad Information:
University of Houston, 3.75 GPA in Electrical Engineering

GMAT:
Taking this October (2020).

Work experience and leadership
1. 4 years at engineering consulting firm in the power industry straight from college.
2. Completed professional engineering (PE) exam and obtained license.

Community:
1. President of Non-profit Vietnamese Catholic Eucharistic Organization (3 years).
- Organize weekly lesson plan for leaders and youths in parish: 20+ leaders and 150+ youths, ranges from 7 to 18 years old.
- Coordinate volunteers and social events for youth organization.
- Part of organization as a leader for 10 years.
2. Volunteer at Houston Foodbank

Post MBA goals:
- Pivot into strategy and management.
- Start up an engineering consulting firm.

Application:
- Round 2
Send PM
Expert Reply
drzflash wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Below is my information. Please help provide some feedback! Thank you much!

26 years old, Asian American

Undergrad Information:
University of Houston, 3.75 GPA in Electrical Engineering

GMAT:
Taking this October (2020).

1. 4 years at engineering consulting firm in the power industry straight from college.
2. Completed professional engineering (PE) exam and obtained license.

Community:
1. President of Non-profit Vietnamese Catholic Eucharistic Organization (3 years).
- Organize weekly lesson plan for leaders and youths in parish: 20+ leaders and 150+ youths, ranges from 7 to 18 years old.
- Coordinate volunteers and social events for youth organization.
- Part of organization as a leader for 10 years.
2. Volunteer at Houston Foodbank

Post MBA goals:
- Pivot into strategy and management.
- Start up an engineering consulting firm.

Application:
- Round 2

drzflash hi,
Thanks for sharing your profile
Shimri from ARINGO here

you have an interesting profile!
- Great academics - good university, good GPA!
- interesting career progress - although, I want to hear more about this. have you worked with several clients or with one? have you had promotions in the last 4 years? did you have any international interactions?
- nice extracurricular activities!

In terms of your career goals, let's explore further what you have done today and try to find a better connection to your future. for example, if you are in the power industry, what about pivoting to alternative energy? just an idea...

We will all be smarter once you take the GMAT. this will also help me give you a candid chances assessment for the schools you wish to get into.
but no GMAT = no MBA

So, I suggest you focus on that (if you can take it by October, then only focus on that, as we have plenty of time before R1 applications)
and let's talk in ~2 months?
I am always on shimriw@ARINGO.com and of you send me your CV, GMAT score and school wish list, I can help you further
GOOD LUCK!
Current Student
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.61
Send PM
Kudos
Hello Everyone,

Please see my profile information below. Please provide any feedback!

27 years old, Indian American

Undergrad Information:
UT in Austin, 3.61 GPA (Dual Degree; BS in Chemical Eng and BBA in the Business Honors Program; both top 5 programs)

GMAT:
760 (44V, 50Q)

1. Two years within Deloitte S&O out of undergrad, focused on TMT space (1 promotion)
2. Two years within Corp Strategy at well known company (2 promotions)

Post MBA goals
- Pivot into IoT for urban systems / mobility

Application:
- Round 1
Send PM
Expert Reply
bgor wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Please see my profile information below. Please provide any feedback!

27 years old, Indian American

Undergrad Information:
UT in Austin, 3.61 GPA (Dual Degree; BS in Chemical Eng and BBA in the Business Honors Program; both top 5 programs)

GMAT:
760 (44V, 50Q)

1. Two years within Deloitte S&O out of undergrad, focused on TMT space (1 promotion)
2. Two years within Corp Strategy at well known company (2 promotions)

Post MBA goals
- Pivot into IoT for urban systems / mobility

Application:
- Round 1

bgor hi
Thanks for sharing your profile
Shimri head of the strategy team at ARINGO MBA Admissions here

From the little you shared, it seems like you have an incredible profile...
4 years, 3 promotions, great undergraduate, great GPA

But, there is so much I don't know...
1. how many years have you been in the US?
2. Are you a male or female
3. Did you focus on one industry on the various projects at Deloitte
4. Strategy role - which company? any famous clients? any international clients?
5. Are you currently employed?
6. any extracurricular activities?
7. Career goals seem "strange" but maybe I don't know enough about you, your motivation for this career switch, and your past connection to urban mobility (obviously a very hot topic!)
For a deep ananlysis and chances assessment, can you share with me these details, your CV, the school wish list, etc.? and perhaps I can help further. as always, I am on shimriw@ARINGO.com

GOOD LUCK bgor
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Kudos
Background and nationality- Indian male, 24 year old, B.Tech

Undergrad Information- B.Tech from Delhi College Of Engineering, GPA- 4 (as per WES)

GMAT: 730 (Q50, V38)

Work experience and leadership: 26 months ( Currently at Paytm Mobiquest for past 4 months, earlier at Urban Company for 8 months as Category Manager (General Management role), and as Junior Research Analyst at McKinsey & Co. for 14 months)
In McKinsey, handled international clients, successfully piloted a new project for South East Asia.
At the time of joining, work ex will be around 36 months

Community and others - Entrepreneurship stint during College (funded by Government of India), Lead volunteer and OC member at Startup Jalsa (India's biggest startup conference) for 5 years, Working with a local NGO in Chandigarh during the times of COVID, Logistics manager for an event called 'The Largest Plantation' which made a world record of planting 300,000 trees in 2 hours near Delhi

Post MBA goals - Short term : PM at a tech-giant (Apple, Microsoft, Google), Long-term: moving back to India and starting my own venture

Anything else- National Level badminton level in school, several olympiads winner in school, Core OC member at college's literature festival
Send PM
Expert Reply
Shvmnrng wrote:
Background and nationality- Indian male, 24 year old, B.Tech

Undergrad Information- B.Tech from Delhi College Of Engineering, GPA- 4 (as per WES)

GMAT: 730 (Q50, V38)

Work experience and leadership: 26 months ( Currently at Paytm Mobiquest for past 4 months, earlier at Urban Company for 8 months as Category Manager (General Management role), and as Junior Research Analyst at McKinsey & Co. for 14 months)
In McKinsey, handled international clients, successfully piloted a new project for South East Asia.
At the time of joining, work ex will be around 36 months

Community and others - Entrepreneurship stint during College (funded by Government of India), Lead volunteer and OC member at Startup Jalsa (India's biggest startup conference) for 5 years, Working with a local NGO in Chandigarh during the times of COVID, Logistics manager for an event called 'The Largest Plantation' which made a world record of planting 300,000 trees in 2 hours near Delhi

Post MBA goals - Short term : PM at a tech-giant (Apple, Microsoft, Google), Long-term: moving back to India and starting my own venture

Anything else- National Level badminton level in school, several olympiads winner in school, Core OC member at college's literature festival

Hi Shvmnrng
Shimri Winters here. head of the ARINGO strategy team
it sounds like you have a great profile
On the good side:
    - Mckinsey is always great!
    - 730 GMAT is good
    - very very good extracurricular activities
On the less good/unknown things:
    - Your work experience is on the low side - amazing for your age, but hey, you are only 24 :)
    - Your GMAT is average for MIT (I don't know what other schools you are aiming for?)
    - You changed jobs after 1.5y, then after 8 months, and literally only started a new role. this raises eyebrows, why are you "already" leaving for an MBA (yes, I know the studies only start in one year)
    - You come from one of the most competitive backgrounds - being an Indian male engineer (sorry for the stereotyping!)

Regarding your career aspiration - they are fine and realistic, but to e honest they sound very general. I would try to think about this a bit more and find something a bit more unique than "PM at Google".

To give you a real chances estimation, I am missing more info such as your international experience, managerial experience, school wish list etc.

Feel free to send me your CV + additional info to Shimriw@ARINGO.com for a deeper analysis
in any case, good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 1305
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
WE:Investment Banking (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Here I go:

Background and nationality: 27-year-old male born and brought up in India. Did my schooling from convent school and scored 88% and 85% in 10th and 12th standard.

Undergrad Information: Mechanical Engineering from BITS Pilani (8th ranking in India), GPA - 7.55 (In Indian scale)

GMAT: Yet to be taken (Mocks 700-720). Aiming 750, Let's see!

Work experience and leadership:5.5 years of experience in research consulting, venture capital, and corporate development.

At the starting of my career working in a startup for 2.5 years. Used to advise private equity, venture capital funds, and corporate development offices in investing in startups. Also worked in an AIF-1 fund (venture capital fund) as an investment analyst. Worked on 4 early-stage deals in the technology sector. All 4 companies have raised 3 follow-on rounds till now.

Left this company to join the corporate development team of the largest private sector Bank in India. Currently working as Senior Chief Manager in the largest private sector bank in India, looking after strategic startup investments, innovation and digital strategy of the Bank, and investor relations. Reporting to Head of Innovation and Strategy Team and super-reporting to Executive Director of the Bank. Promoted twice in last 2 years. Global exposure as well by working on foreign private equity deals, specifically with US, Chinese and Korean clients.

Community and others:
Mentor to technology startups.
Board observer of 5 technology startups.

Post MBA goals: Venture Capital or heading corporate development as a short term goal. Opening up an early-stage venture capital fund - long term goal.

Kindly evaluate my profile and suggest a honest gmat score.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello everyone, I would greatly appreciate a profile review and any advice welcome, thank you very much for your help!

One first question is that for the early admission, one requirement is that :
"graduating from or currently attending a graduate degree program they entered immediately upon completing their undergraduate degree without full-time work experience "

I have an 11 months end of study internship mandatory for my master. Does that count as a full-time work experience?
Indeed I was interested in applying directly for the mba but after looking at several profile, it looks like I am to young and don't have any relevant leadership role.

Objectif:
-MIT Sloan early MBA, April 20th, 2021

Background and nationality
-Male, was born in France and have French citizenship, Origin : Vietnamese, At the moment 24 year old

Undergrad Information:
-Université Pierre et Marie Curie(now Sorbonne Université, FR), BSc : mathematics, GPA: 2.7/4
-Erasmus 1year, University of Bristol(UK), BSc Pure mathematics, GPA: 2.7, Exchange program

PostGraduate Information:
-Université Pierre et Marie Curie(now Sorbonne Université, FR), MSc : mathematics, minor finance, GPA: 3/4

Extracurricular while at university
-Throughout uni I have been playing at the university club and competed against other French university
-Have been learning Japanese at the Institut Japonais de Paris (Able to sustain non professional conversation, reading and writing not at a descent level, 4years)
-Have been playing piano at a small conservatory in my town, passed first level piano (beginner,3years)

Online GMAT: 740
Quant : 48
Verbal : 44
IR : 6

-End of study internship for my master (11months, trainee), Quantitative trading analyst within Risk department at Société Générale in London
Impact
-I have re-coded a pricing library (migration from vba to python) and automated the whole database, saving 5 hours/day
-Proceed statistical analysis and looking for tendency using time series analysis
-Explaining trading PnL on a daily basis and responding ton different demand on short time for senior management and audit

Community and others:
-Coronavirus food delivery volunteer for a local association in east London

Post MBA goals
-short term: Looking to gain more experience in front office within an investment banking and learn
-Long term: Start my own business, though I don't know if it will be in tech or in finance, but surely science/machine learning oriented

Anything else?
-TOEIC : 925/990(R & W), have not taken S & L
-TOEFL : Taken, waiting for result. Expecting 102/120

Currently doing
-Pursuing CFA lvl 1
-Pursuing Machine learning mooc on coursera in partenariat with Stanford University (though I don't know the value of this)
-Day trading for my own though oneline broker ( trading cross asset CFD) though it's not a large amount and don't know if there is any value
-Enrolled in volleyball and tennis club

Shady point
-Low GPA, knowing that each and everyone has their own difficult time, I was not able to get a top score at uni.
-LOR: MIT asks for an academic and a professional. I don't have any academic reference. On the professional side, I might have one from my manager and one from a senior team member. The fact is that I have not gotten any answer from them and might be the real issue.
-Leadership: I do not have any solid leadership role, more like an employee.
-The online GMAT does not have an AWA part and might be an issue for jury ?
-Internship finished in july, I am currently unemployed

Thank you everyone !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to evaluate my chances of getting into either MIT Sloan, Harvard or Stanford here in the US and HEC Paris, LBS in Europe.

I am a 31 yr old Indian Male living in the US for past 9 years with 8+ years of industry experience.

GMAT 730 (Q49, V40, I7)

Education:
Bachelor of Engineering in Mechatronics from Manipal Institute of Technology (GPA 8.73/10.0) was second in my class.

Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Master of Science in Engineering & Technology Innovation Management
Both from Carnegie Mellon University (GPA 3.6/4.0)

Work Ex:
- Failed Edtech Startup Entrepreneur. Tried launching an Edtech platform that leverages AR Technology to aid classroom teaching and improve student engagement. Got great reviews on the prototype/ product but could not achieve scale.
- Launched 10+ successful products in a myriad of industries ranging from consumer kitchen appliances and medical devices to food automation and textiles.
- Worked in product design firms, startups and small companies in the US where it is hard to show career progression in form of promotions.

Extracurriculars:
- Helped improve rice harvest productivity in my family owned land at my ancestral village with a low cost portable automation system.
- Vice Captain of a minor league hard tennis ball Cricket Team.
-Have a lot more from college days but its been several years since I graduated from it and hence not mentioning it here.

Interests:
Sports – Watch and play most sports
Social Welfare Causes – especially Education and Animal Welfare

Post MBA Goals:
I would like to either join the social sector of consulting firms or the Social Impact group of companies like Google and Amazon to drive the strategy and implementation of solutions to social problems.

Thank you for your time.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [1]
Given Kudos: 156
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GRE 1: Q158 V155

GRE 2: Q163 V159

GRE 3: Q163 V159
WE:Corporate Finance (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Everyone!

Can someone please evaluate my profile and let me know the feedback? Jan 2022 intake Insead

Basic- 27 , MALE

Graduation+leadership around that area:
B.Tech - Aerospace Engineering 7.4/10 GPA - SRM Univ- top 20% of the class
Class representative, Placement rep for the department of aerospace, Deputy Chair of the Aerospace Club,
One of the founding members and Director of GO green Division of a student run NGO for teaching, environmental awareness etc etc
Deputy Chair of Aersopace Week in the college- a first of its kind event

Work Ex-
State Bank of India - 5 years (one among 1800 selected out of 25 million applicants)- Largest bank and public sector bank-Fortune 500 company

Currently a Credit Analyst ( Manager Level) - Handle commercial credit accounts to the tune of Rs 15000cr ($ 2 Billion USD)- with a team of 12 reporting to me
Prior to my current role Branch Manager of a rural Branch with a team of 7
Women empow through SHG (self help groups) helped 2930 women get jobs ( yea the number is the exact one)... and through stand-up india scheme to help the women in the area support their husband's income
farmer schemes- helped many farmers avoid the debt trap during my two years by teaching the basics of finance and the skill to chose the right crop- worked closely with the NGOs and the village administrations (4 villages) to create awareness among the common folk there that suicide isnt and shouldnt be an option and we can work together for paying debt.
other tasks skill india, worked with district admin to help improve the overall development of the area, worked the commissioner for industrial growth, worked with the local Member of Parliament on different schemes to promote growth in the area

Also in my free time, i continue to teach poor who cannot afford tutoring ( i mean this is just for the sake of passion)

Post MBA Goals-
Short Term- a) Being the head of a region - which would be upon promotion to the next level - where 5 districts (almost 500 villages ) and 50 branches will be under
my command along with 1000 member team
b) Leveraging contacts and network during my stay at MIT, to change the rural ecosystem , and improving the economic situation of the place though
different technologies etc etc. Work the District Authorities to create a 21st Century sustainable manufacturing ecosystem, etc etc.
c) To provide long lasting social impact through financial inclusion where people would prefer to stay in villages and built their lives their lives there (
Reverse the process of urbanization) , and have self sustenance for generations to come

Long term -- Be the Chairman Of State Bank India ( India's de facto Top Banker) and "preferably" after that a Minister in the Government of India

Why MBA - for a new perspective in Leadership, innovation, strategy.

Realistic chances please on a scale of 1-10 would be much appreciated
considering the fact that MIT has waived GMAT /GRE requirement

1- being no way you cant get in
10- Heck ya! you come to our B school with a scholarship
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi vamkrispk

Thanks for sharing your profile and MBA aspirations
My name is Shimri Winters, I head the strategy here at ARINGO

First of all, you wrote this question for an INSEAD profile evaluation on the Sloan evaluation page – as you then ask about MIT GMAT Waiver, I am assuming you are thinking of both schools, so I will ty to answer, keeping in mind both ?

You have an interesting profile! From what I can see:
    Academics – Aerospace Engineering is a great and unique undergraduate degree, and top 20% is nice

Extracurricular activities – I love both your hobbies and very happy to see you have been volunteering in many organizations. Women empowerment is very impotent. Well done!

Work Experience –so, your current position sounds fantastic. You climbed up the ladder very young, and are managing a lot of people (and own certain responsibilities) which sound amazing to your age

Your career goals - I actually like the fact you are not coming for a total career switch, and are saying, I want to be ahead of my peers, and hence, want the MBA. Still, you need to make a case for why MIT or INSEAD (or why International MBA, and not go to ISB or any other Indian MBA program).

GMAT - Well, if you do take the GMAT – 700+… and the higher the better really. But your acceptance depends a lot on your essays too, so GMAT is not all
    Regarding MIT’s GMAT waiver – as it is new, we (and everyone else in the world) have zero statistics, so it is impossible to give you a chances estimation … If I were MIT (and I interviewed MBA candidates for the London Business School for 8 years, so I know a thing or two about admissions ), and I would see your profile, the first question I would ask myself is why haven’t you taken the GMAT?

Hope this helps.

Happy to help further with a detailed review and perhaps work together on some amazing apps if you send me your CV and any other info to Shimriw@ARINGO.com

GOOD LUCK!
vamkrispk wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Can someone please evaluate my profile and let me know the feedback? Jan 2022 intake Insead

Basic- 27 , MALE

Class representative, Placement rep for the department of aerospace, Deputy Chair of the Aerospace Club,
One of the founding members and Director of GO green Division of a student run NGO for teaching, environmental awareness etc etc

Work Ex-
State Bank of India - 5 years (one among 1800 selected out of 25 million applicants)- Largest bank and public sector bank-Fortune 500 company

Currently a Credit Analyst ( Manager Level) - Handle commercial credit accounts to the tune of Rs 15000cr ($ 2 Billion USD)- with a team of 12 reporting to me
Women empow through SHG (self help groups) helped 2930 women get jobs ( yea the number is the exact one)... and through stand-up india scheme to help the women in the area support their husband's income
farmer schemes- helped many farmers avoid the debt trap during my two years by teaching the basics of finance and the skill to chose the right crop- worked closely with the NGOs and the village administrations (4 villages) to create awareness among the common folk there that suicide isnt and shouldnt be an option and we can work together for paying debt.
other tasks skill india, worked with district admin to help improve the overall development of the area, worked the commissioner for industrial growth, worked with the local Member of Parliament on different schemes to promote growth in the area

Also in my free time, i continue to teach poor who cannot afford tutoring ( i mean this is just for the sake of passion)

Post MBA Goals-
Short Term- a) Being the head of a region - which would be upon promotion to the next level - where 5 districts (almost 500 villages ) and 50 branches will be under
b) Leveraging contacts and network during my stay at MIT, to change the rural ecosystem , and improving the economic situation of the place though
different technologies etc etc. Work the District Authorities to create a 21st Century sustainable manufacturing ecosystem, etc etc.
c) To provide long lasting social impact through financial inclusion where people would prefer to stay in villages and built their lives their lives there (
Reverse the process of urbanization) , and have self sustenance for generations to come

Long term -- Be the Chairman Of State Bank India ( India's de facto Top Banker) and "preferably" after that a Minister in the Government of India

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GRE 1: Q158 V155

GRE 2: Q163 V159

GRE 3: Q163 V159
WE:Corporate Finance (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Hi Shimri

Thank you so much for the insight! Some valid points have been raised here!!

i will give GMAT a shot!

Thank you once again!

ARINGO wrote:
Hi vamkrispk

Thanks for sharing your profile and MBA aspirations
My name is Shimri Winters, I head the strategy here at ARINGO

First of all, you wrote this question for an INSEAD profile evaluation on the Sloan evaluation page – as you then ask about MIT GMAT Waiver, I am assuming you are thinking of both schools, so I will ty to answer, keeping in mind both ?

You have an interesting profile! From what I can see:
    Academics – Aerospace Engineering is a great and unique undergraduate degree, and top 20% is nice

Extracurricular activities – I love both your hobbies and very happy to see you have been volunteering in many organizations. Women empowerment is very impotent. Well done!

Work Experience –so, your current position sounds fantastic. You climbed up the ladder very young, and are managing a lot of people (and own certain responsibilities) which sound amazing to your age

Your career goals - I actually like the fact you are not coming for a total career switch, and are saying, I want to be ahead of my peers, and hence, want the MBA. Still, you need to make a case for why MIT or INSEAD (or why International MBA, and not go to ISB or any other Indian MBA program).

GMAT - Well, if you do take the GMAT – 700+… and the higher the better really. But your acceptance depends a lot on your essays too, so GMAT is not all
    Regarding MIT’s GMAT waiver – as it is new, we (and everyone else in the world) have zero statistics, so it is impossible to give you a chances estimation … If I were MIT (and I interviewed MBA candidates for the London Business School for 8 years, so I know a thing or two about admissions ), and I would see your profile, the first question I would ask myself is why haven’t you taken the GMAT?

Hope this helps.

Happy to help further with a detailed review and perhaps work together on some amazing apps if you send me your CV and any other info to Shimriw@ARINGO.com

GOOD LUCK!
vamkrispk wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Basic- 27 , MALE

Work Ex-

Post MBA Goals-

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  21   
Moderators:
Sloan and Fuqua Moderator
12 posts
Booth & Sloan Moderator
38 posts