Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:07 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4097 [1]
Given Kudos: 242
Concentration: Sustainability, Marketing
GMAT Focus 1:
545 Q79 V79 DI73
GPA: 4
WE:Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 59
Send PM
Re: GMAT TEST CENTRE SOFTWARE ERROR - What should I do and next steps? [#permalink]
Kudos
I am so sorry this happened with you.

Can you book GMAT Online?

My GMAT Online was cancelled 3 times. The PearsonVue software guy apologised profusely the first time and rescheduled the exam.

The second time - There was no Begin Exam Link.

I had to wait for 15 days to get a decent solution.

They were sorry all the time but hardly took any measures to make things better.

My 3 rd Exam was revoked because of a different technical issue.

They will reply in 3-5 Business days. That is effectively a week.

They have a horrible system or it’s just me. I don’t know.

Apologies for any grammatical errors.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: GMAT TEST CENTRE SOFTWARE ERROR - What should I do and next steps? [#permalink]
These are basic issues - I mean, I can understand for GMAT online because they had to set it up during COVID times etc. But even the in-person is giving so many problems. Can't believe Pearson is charging 250$ for such a pathetic show.

Not to mention the massive mental toll this takes :(
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11666 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi yashjain800,

From what you describe, I assume that you did not physically begin your Exam (meaning that you did not start or complete any of the sections). Assuming that that is the case, this issue shouldn't take quite as long to deal with from an administrative standpoint, although it will likely be at least a few days (if not longer) before you are given the chance to schedule a new Test Date at a Test Center. While it might be tedious, you should plan to call the Customer Service line repeatedly over the next several days to make sure that your issue is being dealt with.

As an alternative, you might consider scheduling an At-home appointment - since doing so would have nothing to do with this situation. The one 'catch' there is that the 'format' of the At-home Test is fixed (Quant, then Verbal - with no break in-between, then an optional 5-minute break, then IR). Having to take Quant and Verbal in one sitting is challenging for many GMATers (especially if you've been taking your CATs/mocks with an 8-minute break between sections). If you want to take the At-home GMAT, then you might need to factor in some additional study time so that you can get used to that format.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64923 [1]
Given Kudos: 426
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
yashjain800 wrote:
Hi guys,

I had my GMAT scheduled for 20th Sep at 2PM IST. As a matter of fact, I should be actually taking my GMAT right now than writing this post. NEED URGENT HELP!!

There was a issue at the test center - the invigilator said that it was an issue from Pearson's side. The screen read as follows:

"Error: 0 Contact Technical Support"
"javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Could not send message"

The invigilator said that he will raise a ticket under my name and I will have get it rescheduled my contacting GMAC/Pearson. This is so frustrating as I was in a good shape with consistent mock scores.
Mock1: 770 - Q50,V44 (Had taken this mock earlier as well, plus most questions got repeated. Hence, the high score right off the bat)
Mock 2: 760 - Q50,V44
Mock 3: 720 - Q49,V38
Mock 4: 760 - Q50,V42
Mock 5: 740 - Q50,V41
Mock 6: 760 - Q50,V44

Need your guidance on what should I do next - both in terms of my prep and this issue. Should I give Manhattan mocks a try or continue to solve questions on GMAT club? The latter feels very random :(

I am aiming for a 760+ score. Have self-prepped entirely with resources from friends and colleagues. Really lost, need a guide to tell me the next steps.

Bunuel JeffTargetTestPrep bb VeritasKarishma : Experts, can you please help a poor guy here :(

PS: Ignore the brevity, grammar. I typed this super fast.

yashjain800 - Aptitude doesn't diminish in a few days. GMAT is not a knowledge based test, hence you will forget what you have 'learned'. So please, relax!

Yes, we are all facing difficult, unprecedented times. We do need to cut some slack to everyone and all systems which were working pretty well till 6 months back.
View it from that perspective and know that it is not a big problem. The test will be rescheduled. Follow up to ensure that you can take it as soon as possible. Meanwhile, set a couple of hrs apart every day to review the GMAT topics and practice some questions - nothing more than that is needed. Also, set a couple of hrs aside to work on your app.

Most of all, keep patience and a positive outlook.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
BIG thanks for your prompt responses EMPOWERgmatRichC and VeritasKarishma! I'll try to resolve this with Pearson and will keep focus on both my apps and GMAT prep :)

Thanks again :)
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22052 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi yashjain800,

I see you plan to reach out to the folks at Pearson. I think that is the best thing you can do for the moment. Let us know what they tell you.
GMAT Club Bot