Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:10 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [4]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Given Kudos: 309
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling All Rotman Applicants - Class Of 2023 (2021 Intake) [#permalink]
Kudos
rotmanhopeful21 wrote:
vamkrispk wrote:
Can anyone provide some insight on the video essay and the Timed Written response?

what do they ask etc etc

Video Essay:
Mostly behavioral questions. Something about yourself that you should be able to answer instantly (3-5 seconds taped video question - 30 seconds prep time - 1 min 30 seconds actual response time). Mine were:
1. What do you make really well?
2. If you had an extra hour every day, what would you do with this time?
MOCK: Tell me about a failure from which you learned something.

Some good practices: Utilize the 30 secs prep time well. Practice at least 10-15 similar questions before you start taking the actual test; that way, you'll "get in the zone" by the time you start the real test. Try not to speak on more than 2-3 factors. Be reflective about what you say. It's better if you analyze the behavior using factors/reasons/learning points depending on the question you have been provided with.

TWR:
Within 10 minutes, read the prompt, deconstruct the scenario, formulate your answer, and finish drafting (something). Mine were:
1. Write an email to a Rotman alumni asking for his/her time for a coffee chat.
MOCK: Write a paragraph introducing yourself to the AdCom trying to decide on the incoming students.

Some good practices: Try to finish within 8 minutes and keep the last 2 minutes for edits. Probably write not more than 150-200 words (completely my personal opinion though) if you want to finish within time. If you are a regular email writer, this section shouldn't be a problem for you other than the 10 minutes time crunch.

Aviral1995 here you go.
There are some other experiences shared in the Debrief section.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8831 [1]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Aviral1995 wrote:
Hi everyone!

Can you guys share your experiences of Kira Video Interview and any tips, if applicable?
Looking forward to your response!

Thanks
Aviral

Aviral1995

Also replying here for others reference

https://gmatclub.com/forum/compilation- ... l#p2205848
https://gmatclub.com/forum/rotman-toron ... brief.html
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8831 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
We have just annoucned that Rotman is joining us for MBA Spotlight.

You can register for MBA Spotlight and other sessions here https://gmatclub.com/forum/ucp.php?mode=fair_register
Rotman session details are here https://gmatclub.com/forum/rotman-prese ... 35317.html
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 186
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Rotman requires that the under grad institution send the transcripts to the college. But many colleges are closed now because of rising covid cases. So how is this being taken care of?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 660 Q46 V35
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
800Dreamer wrote:
Rotman requires that the under grad institution send the transcripts to the college. But many colleges are closed now because of rising covid cases. So how is this being taken care of?

You can probably get your scanned transcripts from your institution. As part of your application you need an unofficial transcript, so worst-case scenario, you can probably make the translation yourself. I contacted my undergrad school and they sent me the scanned version, I used that for my application.

Otherwise, you'll need the official transcript only after you've been accepted and on a date closer to the starting date.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.04
Send PM
Hi!

Hope you are all staying safe! I just submitted my application. I have completed all the parts except video essay. Is there any chance I will get the video link before October 5? I am planning to submit before R1 deadline and don't want to extend beyond.

Thanks!
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8831 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Do we need to complete the video questions before the deadline? and how long does it take to get the link to the kira interview?

dupuis2304 Businessconquerer Russthemann
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [2]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40 (Online)
Send PM
Kudos