Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:19 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Economics, Strategy
Schools: Ivey '22 (A$)
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 660 Q46 V35
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Ivey (Western) Full Time MBA (2021 Intake) Class of 2022 [#permalink]
dupuis2304 wrote:
Thanhha1202 wrote:
Hi,
Can I ask if they do a background check of your resume after being accepted? How do they do that? Did they call your employer company or they ask your referees or anything else?
Thanks

I don't think they do after you've been accepted unless they suspect for some reason that you lied or are hiding something.

So if they do before being accepted? Can I ask how they do that? Many thanks :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Thanhha1202 wrote:
dupuis2304 wrote:
Thanhha1202 wrote:
Hi,
Can I ask if they do a background check of your resume after being accepted? How do they do that? Did they call your employer company or they ask your referees or anything else?
Thanks

I don't think they do after you've been accepted unless they suspect for some reason that you lied or are hiding something.

So if they do before being accepted? Can I ask how they do that? Many thanks :)

I honestly don't know, but I don't think they do. They send a form for you references to fill, but I have no idea whether they were contacted or if they called any past employer. Don't worry about them contacting any of your past employers unless they feel there's something suspicious. If you don't want your current employer knowing that you might be leaving for an MBA, just mention that at the end of the interview and I don't suppose that should raise any specific questions.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [2]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V32
Send PM
Kudos
Thanhha1202 wrote:
Hi,
Thanks

When you sign up for the online application form, when you check the T&C's, you do give Ivey the right to verify and validate if the information is accurate. And you shouldn't be worried unless they smell something fishy there.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Send PM
Emmanuel21 wrote:
Hi guys,

Super excited, I received my admission offer yesterday. I started thinking about applying to Ivey in June. I attended one of the school's virtual fairs that same month and I spent July preparing to apply and speaking with the Admissions Director, J.D along with several students and alums. I eventually applied August 10 and I was informed of my upcoming interview invite on August 12. The link to schedule an interview was sent about a week later and I promptly scheduled for the earliest date which was September 16. My interviewer was Brenda Pearson and it was quite conversational. I received my offer two days later. Because of how helpful this forum has been during this entire process, I have posted my experience in the debrief section and I hope it will help someone currently in the process. Wish you guys the best and I hope to see you come March 2021!

Congratulations Emmanuel!

Looking forward to connecting with you on the Slack group, soon enough. Do feel free to reach out if you have any questions on the post-offer stage. Glad to see that the forum was helpful for you!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Russthemann wrote:
Hey all, just got offered admission to the program next year! Will be updating the interview tracker today.

Do we have a Slack or something similar for admitted candidates for next year?

Posted from my mobile device

Congratulations!

Yes, there's a Slack channel to which you should get an invite (Or should have by now for sure). Do feel free to connect and let me know if you'd need any help. Hope this forum was helpful in the entire process.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
DeterminedSoul wrote:
Hi Guys,

Any tips for interview with Brenda Pearson?

Hey there!

If you could search this forum for Brenda, you'll find a lot of comments/posts about that. You should be fine. But from what I know, she's really sweet (As are almost everybody from the Career Management Team) and very friendly in the conversations.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
charmingjill wrote:
Hi Any https://gmatclub.com/chat group for that cohort?

Hey! We have a W.h.a.t.s.a.p.p group as well as a Slack group for admitted students. Do let me know if you'd like any more information.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
SurajSathya wrote:
Thanhha1202 wrote:
Hi,
Thanks

When you sign up for the online application form, when you check the T&C's, you do give Ivey the right to verify and validate if the information is accurate. And you shouldn't be worried unless they smell something fishy there.

Thank you! As I lost my employment contracts from former employers so I concern how can I show them if they ask for it. If they check in some other ways, it will be ok.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Send PM
Thanhha1202 wrote:
SurajSathya wrote:
Thanhha1202 wrote:
Hi,
Thanks

Thank you! As I lost my employment contracts from former employers so I concern how can I show them if they ask for it. If they check in some other ways, it will be ok.

Don't worry about that, I was not asked for any such things. Another piece of advice is to not overthink it. You shouldn't have a problem with any of that unless, as Suraj mentioned, they smell something fishy.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V33
GMAT 2: 680 Q46 V37
Send PM
dwijenmehta wrote:
Hi Guys.
Submitted my application for the 4th round last sunday. This group has been a boon in going through with the application. Has anyone who submitted application for the 4th Round got an interview call yet?

Hi! I have applied in Round 4 and have received my interview call. Have scheduled it for 16th October.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
Hi, any idea on which day of the week does the admission committee hold a meeting to shortlist candidates? I gave my interview on Friday last week and was wondering about the expected response time.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
khanna93 wrote:
Hi, any idea on which day of the week does the admission committee hold a meeting to shortlist candidates? I gave my interview on Friday last week and was wondering about the expected response time.

No idea of when they actually hold the meetings, but expect around week. I had my interview on a Thursday and had my response by next Wednesday. Best of luck!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
khanna93 wrote:

Depends on a bunch of things, actually. Generally every second Thursday. But things do change there. Shouldn't be longer than 2 weeks at all though.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Ivey '22 (S)
Send PM
Hi, anybody who applied in Round 4 heard on the admissions decision? I had my interview 10 days ago but no response yet and now it's weekend. I received the interview invite and slots within a day of submitting my app.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
HereToHustle wrote:
Hi, anybody who applied in Round 4 heard on the admissions decision? I had my interview 10 days ago but no response yet and now it's weekend. I received the interview invite and slots within a day of submitting my app.

The admission committee meets every two weeks. It might just be that they are meeting this coming week. You can always check with your Admissions Coordinator as well; they are all super nice. My best to you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 610 Q45 V28 (Online)
GPA: 3.24
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Queens also had someone from the career coaching group present during the interview.

herbin wrote:
The interview was very conversational and supportive like everyone else has said, they are really there to help you express yourself and your underlying motives for wanting to do an MBA. To prepare, I made sure to have an answer for all of the questions from the interview debriefs as well as a clear, logical explanation of my background, why MBA, and future aspirations.

Ivey is one of the only schools that has a member of the career management team do the admission interview, so be sure to tailor your questions at the end!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.37
Send PM
Hi

Can someone help me understand if Toefl or IELTs is required for first round of application for Indian students as well. (Medium of learning was English).
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts