Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:11 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Strategy, and Accounting
Schools:Chicago Booth
 Q47  V44
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
ap663 wrote:
Congrats guys! The gods of Wharton have smiled upon me this morning and offered me an interview so my two weeks of hell are over and my many more weeks of uncertainty begin.

I'm actually interviewing w/ Kellogg on campus in two weeks...anyone want to suggest some fun stuff that a New Yorker can do over a weekend in Chicago?

Hmm kool man when did ur apps go to complete stage
most of my apps went to completion on 26 oct as i submitted bang on the deadline.

I was getting a bit nervous as I still havent got an interview call :?
VP
VP
 Q47  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:
helg wrote:
"Dear Mr. Helg,

Congratulations, we have evaluated your application and are extending an invitation for you to interview with us as the next phase of the admissions process."

Whooo-Hooooo!!! I'm in for an interview!

ROCKIN!!! You gonna do on campus?

No, with an alumnus in Moscow. :-D I actually met him once at the infosession, so I will not have the chance to make the first impression anymore :roll:

Good luck with your interview! Know 'em dead!

:wave
VP
VP
 Q47  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
ap663 wrote:
Congrats guys! The gods of Wharton have smiled upon me this morning and offered me an interview so my two weeks of hell are over and my many more weeks of uncertainty begin.

I'm actually interviewing w/ Kellogg on campus in two weeks...anyone want to suggest some fun stuff that a New Yorker can do over a weekend in Chicago?

Thanks! Good luck with your K interview! :-D
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
ap663 wrote:

There's tons to do. Depends where you are staying and what you like. If you want I come grab you and we can go grab a beer somewhere - assuming I'm in town (sounds like it might conflict w/ my darden trip). What are you into? Bars? Nightclubs? Expensive food? Museums? Etc....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I submitted mine on early morning of the day it was due (10/18). I have not yet heard anything and am starting to get worried. I think my numbers are good, so I thought I would at least get an interview at Chicago.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
flapjack wrote:
I submitted mine on early morning of the day it was due (10/18). I have not yet heard anything and am starting to get worried. I think my numbers are good, so I thought I would at least get an interview at Chicago.

Whats ur profile?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:
ap663 wrote:

There's tons to do. Depends where you are staying and what you like. If you want I come grab you and we can go grab a beer somewhere - assuming I'm in town (sounds like it might conflict w/ my darden trip). What are you into? Bars? Nightclubs? Expensive food? Museums? Etc....

So far booked for 2 nights in Evanston but think I'm gonna switch the 2nd night to the Magnificent Mile area Priceline willing...I'm taking my mom for a mother-daughter weekend cos she's never been to Chicago either... I like cultural stuff so I was thinking of checking out the Art Institute of Chicago...I love good but not overly expensive food (the bleak likelihood of anyone helping me pay for school has b----slapped me into trying to save money)...I love hanging out in the Village here in NY, is there a neighborhood like it in Chicago?

And to the person who asked, I went complete on 10/19...according to adcom the order in which apps are read and invites are extended is pretty random so don't give up hope!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I checked my email this morning and noticed that I received an invite to Chicago. Now I'm a little bit relieved. Does anyone know what the odds are that someone extended an invite to Chicago will be accepted (is it greater than 50%)?

Rhyme, I'd rather not list my background because I'd out myself - I have a different background from most applicants.

ap663, I live in Chicago. I don't know what the Village in New York is like, but I love living in Chicago. You could check out Navy Pier when you're in Chicago - it's very tourist-friendly. Also, you could also check out Millenium Park when you're near the Art Museum. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Park
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
flapjack wrote:
I checked my email this morning and noticed that I received an invite to Chicago. Now I'm a little bit relieved. Does anyone know what the odds are that someone extended an invite to Chicago will be accepted (is it greater than 50%)?

Rhyme, I'd rather not list my background because I'd out myself - I have a different background from most applicants.

ap663, I live in Chicago. I don't know what the Village in New York is like, but I love living in Chicago. You could check out Navy Pier when you're in Chicago - it's very tourist-friendly. Also, you could also check out Millenium Park when you're near the Art Museum. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Park

Congrats on the invite. I don't know what the accept rate is post interview - if you believe admissions411.com ,

https://www.admissions411.com/schoolstats.asp?y=2008

236 people applied on there, 183 got interviews (77%) - according to the GSB forums, they extend invites to about 65%. On the 411 site, 95 people got accepted. 95/183 is just over 50%. I think it's not quite that high, but maybe closer to 40%. (95/236 is is 40% - which is too high for an overall accept).

Also interesting:

https://www.admissions411.com/results.asp
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Rhyme, have you ever read any admission statistics for the University of Chicago's GSB? I have never seen the % admittance statistics - I assume that it must be higher than it is for other elite schools otherwise, they'd be sure to report it.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
flapjack wrote:
Rhyme, have you ever read any admission statistics for the University of Chicago's GSB? I have never seen the % admittance statistics - I assume that it must be higher than it is for other elite schools otherwise, they'd be sure to report it.

Well if you look at old bschool rankings...

https://www.businessweek.com/bschools/04 ... hicago.htm
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
did you guys get a confirmation email from HBS when you submitted your application? i never got one, and applyyourself told me that i should have, but hbs just told me that they don't send confimation emails. hmm.

:?: citalfo :shock: 8-)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Are you guys talking about chicago GSB?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
jchen1731 wrote:
Are you guys talking about chicago GSB?

Of course.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
i'm not.

:-D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I have the option of interviewing on-campus or with off-campus with an alumnus. I personally am leaning toward the on-campus interview.

Does anyone know if really make a difference in choosing to interview on-campus versus off-campus?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:
As I get off the plane in Ithaca, I turn my BB back on and what do I see:

Congratulations, we have evaluated your application and are extending an invitation for you to interview with us as the next phase of the admissions process.

WOOT!

i told u you'd get an interview :)!!!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   4