Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 14:25 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 14:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I submitted October 25th but my rec's werent in until the 25th.

I believe they review and invite on a case by case basis, not after all have been reviewed. I could be wrong though.

Have you done a campus visit? I just got back from mine today...
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats Vibha...

Would you mind sharing ur profile

cheers
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
no havnet visited the campus. I will probably do that all together with the interview. What did you think of the campus? Did you sit in on a class?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
The campus is beautiful and the weather was nice today so that helped. I did sit in on a class - it was on investing and the students were all pitching stocks they have done research on - it was a second year class. I liked it, I thought the kids would be different but they were very down to earth. Its a nice environment.

If you dont mind - what did you do for the second essay that was open ended? Standard MBA question or did you make one up?

Also - did you follow the word limits or go over?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thank you all for the good wishes. Does anyone have anu insight to the original question? Would it reflect negatively if I requested an offsite interview?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
vibha wrote:
Thank you all for the good wishes. Does anyone have anu insight to the original question? Would it reflect negatively if I requested an offsite interview?

I would go if you can, for plenty of reasons.

(1) It shows you really do want to go to the school
(2) Have you visited Yale before? Do they know that in your essays? If not, its going to be hard to convince someone that your really serious about a school (that is, wanting to go there) that you've never even visited.
(3) You'll interview with someone in the admissions office probably rather than with a non-direct decision maker
(4) You'll get to meet a few students/etc and might be able to convince one of them to stop by the admissions office and lend his or her support.
(5) When you write a thank you note, you'll likely be able to throw something new in (more tahn you could with an offsite interview) i.e. rahter than just saying "I enjoyed our conversation today" you can say "I enjoyed our conversation as well as my class visit with prof X. All the students I met were amazing, and X and Y. I thank you for having had hte opportunity to come down to campus, it's been a phenomenal experience bal bla bla" Just a bit stronger than "Thank you for taking the time to meet with me today. I enjoyed pooping myself while you asked questions."
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
You are absolutely right! Thank you for the feedback and honest response!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 315 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
OasisNYK wrote:
The campus is beautiful and the weather was nice today so that helped. I did sit in on a class - it was on investing and the students were all pitching stocks they have done research on - it was a second year class. I liked it, I thought the kids would be different but they were very down to earth. Its a nice environment.

If you dont mind - what did you do for the second essay that was open ended? Standard MBA question or did you make one up?

Also - did you follow the word limits or go over?

Who was the professor? I've had a chance to audit Ibbotson/Goetzmann couple times in Investment Management, wonder if I saw you there.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Goetzmann - I was sitting in the front of the class near the professor with another prospect who left early to catch a flight - it was an interesting class having the students make presentations - hardly anyone wanted to volunteer to present. Were you there?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 315 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
OasisNYK wrote:
Goetzmann - I was sitting in the front of the class near the professor with another prospect who left early to catch a flight - it was an interesting class having the students make presentations - hardly anyone wanted to volunteer to present. Were you there?

no I wasn't on that one, actually I haven't made it to Goetzmann's lectures, but I really enjoyed Roger Ibbotson's very light mood atmosphere, he invited me to their stock market case study class on some weeknight, but I didn't make it. How did you like Goetzmann's class?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I liked it but he wasnt running the class because of the presentations. He did stop to talk to me a little bit after the class though, he seems like he has a good sense of humor.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I received a Yale invitation last week, and I am in New Haven today for the interview. I really liked the town. Great choice of food. I haven't visited the campus yet, but I will let you know my impressions on the campus and give you some insight on the interview when I get back.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Second yrs do the interviews there?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Man I am still waiting for my invite (if I get one) - app was completed on the 25th and still no word. I know they do invites throughout the round but I would really like to know if I have a shot at this school. Unfortunately I think it is going to be a little too competitive this year.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats bayern15!! I am making the trek to CT next week. How did the interview go? Could you please shed some light as to the the way the interview was conducted and what questions they asked? Were there any questions that threw you off?

Also does anyone know what the attire should be for the class visit, campus tour, and lunch? I'm wondering if applicants dress in business attire or casual for these events.

Thanks!
Vibha
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi guys,

Just got back from Yale. I didnt get any surprise questions. I explained why yale, why now, short term/long term goals, how Yale will help me achieve these goals. Very friendly and laid back.
After the interview, I toured the campus with some other applicants and then attended a non-profit class.
Overall it was a great experience and I am looking forward to their decision. I must say that students were very enthusiast about the new dean and the new curriculium.

Oasis, hang in there buddy, I am sure you will get one too.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2