Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 22:37 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 22:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 593 [0]
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 112 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
1st admit on Bschool App forum...CONGRATS !!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
great..congrats ashika!!!

so there starts the admit season for GMAT clubbers!!
hope all of us here continue from here!!

cheers
sid
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats - I am sure you will have a great experience there - awesome school.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:
I told you you'd hear back soon! Congrats.

hahaha actually i had to call the school and tell them i needed my application expedited cuz i got accepted to NYU... but i totally am still in shock...
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
AshikaP wrote:
rhyme wrote:

hahaha actually i had to call the school and tell them i needed my application expedited cuz i got accepted to NYU... but i totally am still in shock...

So you taking Kellogg?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:
AshikaP wrote:
rhyme wrote:

So you taking Kellogg?

i'm still waiting for univ of chicago... shud hear shortly since they said they would try and rush it :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
AshikaP,

very cool - so we've begun to hear the rolling drums on this site with people getting calls and getting through! So now from someone who is waiting anxiously you've entered the halls of "what do I choose now" fame!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
AshikaP wrote:
rhyme wrote:
AshikaP wrote:
rhyme wrote:

So you taking Kellogg?

i'm still waiting for univ of chicago... shud hear shortly since they said they would try and rush it :)

Whats your preference?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:
AshikaP wrote:
rhyme wrote:
AshikaP wrote:
rhyme wrote:

So you taking Kellogg?

Whats your preference?

I actually prefer chicago just cuz i got a GREAT vibe from them and they let me take as many courses as i want in case i decide not to work and i'm not forced to work... that and they let u utilize recruiting even if ur getting reimbursed from ur firm... kellogg doesnt let u get involved in some recruiting cuz its unethical for them... which i agree... but ya gotta do what ya gotta do sometimes i mean it could go either way... but i'm ANXIOUSLY waiting.... hopefully they accept me but they are takin a hell of a long time hahaha... i wanna call the lady i spoke to to see where my app is and let her know i'm jst waiting on them cuz i got into northwestern... but i decided that might seem like a taunt or a threat... what do u think? Northwestern processed my app in three days after i called them kinda crazy... and admissions called and was like where did u get offered so on so forth so they were pretty interested... NYU is ranked #1 part time by business week or something so they're in competition but i of course thing kellogg and gsb are better and CHICAGO is the best place on earth (right next to disneyland) :)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yup. Chicago is the choice if you are part time.

My plan is this - if I fail in my Kellogg and Cornell full time apps, I will apply part time for the Jan 19 deadline. If that fails as well, I'll consider any other schools I was accepted to, and then go from there.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats Ashika! It would be useful to many of us if you can post your application experience in general and interview experience in particular.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Why do you think Chicago is better than NYU (part -time)? In BW rankings, NYU is ranked first, and even though there is limited recruiting for part time students, in terms of academics I feel that NYU is above Chicago and Kellog. I attended their info session and was really impressed by their program.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:

My plan is this - if I fail in my Kellogg and Cornell full time apps, I will apply part time for the Jan 19 deadline. If that fails as well, I'll consider any other schools I was accepted to, and then go from there.

rhyme, you dont need to consider part-time option..we are sure..u will have an option to choose among the schools u applied...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:

I think there is a mandatory 6 month wait in between Chicago applications. i.e. you would have to wait six months from Oct to reapply for the part-time program. I am pretty sure I read that somewhere on the GSB website. I'll look for it later.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
lhmcjen wrote:
rhyme wrote:

I think there is a mandatory 6 month wait in between Chicago applications. i.e. you would have to wait six months from Oct to reapply for the part-time program. I am pretty sure I read that somewhere on the GSB website. I'll look for it later.

If you find that let me know. Most schools have that but its re-application for the same program. As part time and full time are seperate programs, I don't think it applies. At least, thats what someone in teh admissions office said at Kellogg.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
bayern15 wrote:
Why do you think Chicago is better than NYU (part -time)? In BW rankings, NYU is ranked first, and even though there is limited recruiting for part time students, in terms of academics I feel that NYU is above Chicago and Kellog. I attended their info session and was really impressed by their program.

Personal preference, much like yourself. One of the arguments is that - your MBA doesn't come with a caveat on it "M.B.A Part Time". It's just "MBA" whether you got it through part time or full. So part time rank means less to me than full time rank. Though, at this level, it's sort of like picking between a maserati and a ferrarri. You can't go wrong.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]