Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 01:41 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 01:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools: IIMA PGPX'22
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Send PM
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
MeghTara wrote:
Hi,

Request you all for my profile assessment

Current position: Assistant Manager in Oil & Gas sector (PSU) with 7 years experience

UG degree: B.Tech Electronics and communication (WBUT)
UG (%): 85%
12th(%): 80%
10(%) : 85%

GMAT1: 640 (Q45, V33) on 30th Aug'20
GMAT2: 640 (Q50, V27) on 14th Oct'20

I would like to apply for IIM A/B/C EPGP/PGPX course.

Please help.

While you have the GMAT on the lower end of the spectrum, you can make up for it with your PSU experience. Your acads also are on the good side.
Try and quantify your achievements in your applications.
IIMA and IIMB always have had a significant chunk of PSU folk entering, so you definitely have a decent chance of getting an interview call and then giving your best foot forward to convert it.

I will say please apply in R2 and not wait for later rounds.

I converted R1 PGPX myself this year (but not from your domain actually). So let me know if you need any assistance in your application.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
ysp4ever wrote:
Hi !!
Please evaluate my profile for IIM-A/B/C

I "THINK" I might represent somewhat below average represented profile. Here are the key highlights:

1. Decent 88% and 86% in 10th & 12th standard respectively
2. Undergraduate GPA - 2.92
3. Work Ex - 8.5 years (Oil & Gas MNCs)
4. 2+ years of International exposure in oilfield operations(UAE, Saudi Arabia, Iraq)
5. Total of Four papers published, two of them with leading industry researchers.

Now comes the major problem: I decided to resign from my present company in Saudi in Jan,2020 to join a new company in Kuwait (PICKED THE WORST TIME TO RESIGN RIGHT??) and now I'm currently waiting for Kuwait to open its borders so I can join the job. This means I'm currently not a working professional.
Hence the main reason why I decided to explore the world of MBA and now ended up with GMAT 690 in my first attempt. Should I care to improve my score or will the representation land me up somewhere in IIM-C atleast.

Feedback will be highly appreciated.

If you can bring your score up, I will suggest you retake. Yes, its unfortunate about the job situation, but its out of your hand. However, given that you have the time, a GMAT retake should be easy to manage. The GPA looks a little low to me, and that could also be because you are converting from a percentage system I guess, which is not needed.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Send PM
ysp4ever wrote:
Hi !!
Please evaluate my profile for IIM-A/B/C

I "THINK" I might represent somewhat below average represented profile. Here are the key highlights:

1. Decent 88% and 86% in 10th & 12th standard respectively
2. Undergraduate GPA - 2.92
3. Work Ex - 8.5 years (Oil & Gas MNCs)
4. 2+ years of International exposure in oilfield operations(UAE, Saudi Arabia, Iraq)
5. Total of Four papers published, two of them with leading industry researchers.

Now comes the major problem: I decided to resign from my present company in Saudi in Jan,2020 to join a new company in Kuwait (PICKED THE WORST TIME TO RESIGN RIGHT??) and now I'm currently waiting for Kuwait to open its borders so I can join the job. This means I'm currently not a working professional.
Hence the main reason why I decided to explore the world of MBA and now ended up with GMAT 690 in my first attempt. Should I care to improve my score or will the representation land me up somewhere in IIM-C atleast.

Feedback will be highly appreciated.

I think given your international exposure and score, you surely can get a call from IIM A/B/C. Speaking from people I know who got one this year in R1.
So please go ahead and apply.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 846 [0]
Given Kudos: 381
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V29
GPA: 3.81
Send PM
Can someone give opinion whether it is still ok to do one year executive mbas from below IIMs ( except ABCL) and get good placements after degree?

Other 1st generation:
Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode
Indian Institute of Management Indore
or

2nd Generation institutes:
Indian Institute of Management Shillong
Indian Institute of Management Rohtak
Indian Institute of Management Ranchi
Indian Institute of Management Raipur
Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli
Indian Institute of Management Kashipur

or 3rd generation
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hello Good people of the forum

Request if someone can help me with an evaluation of my profile and also suggest a target GMAT SCORE.In mocks I have been scoring around 640-650.

Background
10th 73%
12th 55%
Graduation in Hotel Management from IHM Lucknow (premiere institute in the field) with 63%

Have a diverse work experience of 10 years including an international assignment of 3.5 years in multiple sectors.I have an experience in Mall management, retail management (Lifestyle/Luxury/Large) and education management.

I am currently employed with a successful education management company biggest in India in its space as a Cluster Operations Manager. I have held postions of Store Manager and subsequently an Area Manager during my time in Retail Industry.

The job profiles I have been on have been multidimensional throughout my career with a lot of people management/sales/p&l responsibility/service delivery/operations/client management related KRAs.

Not much extra curricular activities to talk about but I did participated in a lot of events during college and did get some prizes and certificates.The same during the school time too.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V32
Send PM
Hi all,
I request you kindly give some feedback on strength of profile and possible chances of getting a call from the schools mentioned.

Background and nationality:
I'm a 32 y.o. Indian national male, working in the automotive industry in US for 7 years. I now want to return to India and am looking at 1 year programs only at IIM A/B/C and ISB. I have a masters from a reputed school in the US and have worked since then at Ford Motor Company and subsequently, a startup.

Education Information
10th Grade: 88%
12th Grade: 90%
Mechanical Engineering from R.V College of Engineering (68% aggregate)
Masters GPA - 3.6/4

GMAT: First attempt on October 15th 2020 - 640 (V32/Q47/IR 4/AWA 4)

Work experience and leadership
Primarily product development in the automotive industry on autonomous vehicles. Dealt with the technical aspects of vehicle level development and analysis of customer feedback into attribute improvement. Delivered multiple products for global markets (NA/SA/Eu/A-PAC).
Never held a managerial position but have led multiple cross-functional projects.

Community and others
Volunteered at a few community events in Detroit, Michigan.
Participated in multiple sports leagues from 2013-19 (cricket, soccer, badminton).
Big into history and culture of places around the world.

Why MBA in India?
For starters, I'm facing visa issues in the US and have become a bit tired of living the immigrant life for over 9 years now. A voluntold move to India seems imminent.
Having worked in the automotive industry for 7 years and having seen from up close the development of autonomous vehicles, I have gained sufficient experience in this industry. I feel these products are going to hit the Indian markets in the next few years and I want to be able to capitalize on the opportunity of being a part of that growth in India. With my technical background, possibly coupled with an MBA from a good school, puts me in a good position to be able to experience professional growth, whether it is with an established organization or through an entrepreneurial venture.

What I bring to the table: A strong network along with international experience and significant knowledge of the market and industry, yet unknown/unexplored to/by the Indian organizations.

I've already applied to IIM-A PGPX R2 but am a bit unsure about the other schools given that the intakes for IIM-B and IIM-C are lower than IIM-A and given that ISB has a lower avg. age of intake, the scores tend to be much higher. Any suggestions are welcome.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V32
Send PM
Hi all,
I request you kindly give some feedback on strength of profile and possible chances of getting a call from the schools mentioned.

I'm a 32 y.o. Indian national male, working in the automotive industry in US for 7 years. I now want to return to India and am looking at 1 year programs only at IIM A/B/C and ISB. I have a masters from a reputed school in the US and have worked since then at Ford Motor Company and subsequently, a startup.

Education Information
Masters GPA - 3.6/4

Primarily product development in the automotive industry on autonomous vehicles. Dealt with the technical aspects of vehicle level development and analysis of customer feedback leading to attribute improvement. Delivered multiple products for global markets (NA/SA/Eu/A-PAC).
Never held a managerial position but have led multiple cross-functional project teams.

Community and others
Participated in multiple sports leagues from 2013-19 (cricket, soccer, badminton).

Why MBA in India?
For starters, I'm facing visa issues in the US and have become a bit tired of living the immigrant life for over 9 years now. A voluntold move to India seems imminent.
Having worked in the automotive industry for 7 years and having seen from up close the development of autonomous vehicles, I have gained sufficient experience in this industry. I feel these products are going to hit the Indian markets in the next few years and I want to be able to capitalize on the opportunity of being a part of that growth in India. With my technical background, possibly coupled with an MBA from a good school, puts me in a good position to be able to experience professional growth, whether it is with an established organization or through an entrepreneurial venture.

What I bring to the table: A strong network along with international experience and significant knowledge of the market and industry, yet unknown/unexplored to/by the Indian organizations.

I've already applied to IIM-A PGPX R2 but am a bit unsure about the other schools given that the intakes for IIM-B and IIM-C are lower than IIM-A and given that ISB has a lower avg. age of intake, the scores tend to be much higher. Any suggestions are welcome.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8831 [1]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
rm2987 wrote:
Hi all,

rm2987

You can make a post in the following topic for ISB profile evaluation request.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/profile-eval ... 10934.html
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 127 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: IIMB EPGP"18
Send PM
Hi Rm,

Interesting profile and strong international experience that can boost your chances. However, the low GMAT score can be a hindrance, especially for IIM A, B, C and ISB. Do you plan to retake GMAT and increase your score by a few points?

That being said, apart from GMAT, you will also need a very strong application and stellar essays (showing absolute clarity in thought). We have helped a few applicants get into these schools with a 640-650 score, but it is definitely not easy.

Regards,
Tridisha

rm2987 wrote:
Hi all,

Education Information
Masters GPA - 3.6/4

Primarily product development in the automotive industry on autonomous vehicles. Dealt with the technical aspects of vehicle level development and analysis of customer feedback leading to attribute improvement. Delivered multiple products for global markets (NA/SA/Eu/A-PAC).
Never held a managerial position but have led multiple cross-functional project teams.

Community and others

Why MBA in India?

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 127 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: IIMB EPGP"18
Send PM