Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:42 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Sustainability, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 670 Q37 V44
GMAT 2: 710 Q45 V42
GMAT 3: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.46
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Accounting, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.07
WE:Corporate Finance (Transportation)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Re: Calling all Oxford SBS MBA Applicants: 2021 Intake (Class of 2022) [#permalink]
Got an admit too ! Congrats everyone who received an offer . How are you guys selecting colleges for the next step. Can anyone recommend some resources to choose the college out of the 40 odd colleges in the university
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: Calling all Oxford SBS MBA Applicants: 2021 Intake (Class of 2022) [#permalink]
Kudos
Spent the weekend trying to read up about colleges.. but there's so much to consider that it won't be an easy nor a quick decision. One needs to think about the experience, accommodation (I'll be coming with spouse) and various other irrational factors :) So far I've only gone through the college guide PDF shared by Said in the portal.

I had heard something about an excelsheet that exists, which compares various aspects of the colleges. If someone here has access to that, it'll be of great help.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GRE 1: Q166 V160
Send PM
necromancer23 wrote:
Spent the weekend trying to read up about colleges.. but there's so much to consider that it won't be an easy nor a quick decision. One needs to think about the experience, accommodation (I'll be coming with spouse) and various other irrational factors :) So far I've only gone through the college guide PDF shared by Said in the portal.

I had heard something about an excelsheet that exists, which compares various aspects of the colleges. If someone here has access to that, it'll be of great help.

Would love to see an Excel of this as well
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [4]
Schools: Said '22 (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Human Resources (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
GMATworm100 wrote:
necromancer23 wrote:

Hey is this https://fromjeanstosuits.wordpress.com/category/life-at-oxford/ the resource you're looking for? Has an excel sheet but not sure how updated/relevant.

I am yet to decide too :( but find these two quite useful as well:
1. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Oxford_College_Pros_and_Cons (again unsure how updated/legit)
2. https://www.kentlui.com/2012/06/choosing-oxford-college-as-mba.html (this one is quite lovely actually)

Hope this helps! Would love to hear how y'all are approaching this decision!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GRE 1: Q164 V156
Send PM
Hello everyone

Im torn between applying in Round 2 and Round 3.

I prefer to apply in Round 3 so that I can push the decision a bit out as I am in between a lot of things right now. However, I am concerned that I might miss out on scholarship opportunities.

Can anyone tell me whether my concern is valid ? Is scholarship dependent on when you apply?

Is there any impact on acceptance rate across rounds ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
hopengoodwill wrote:
GMATworm100 wrote:
necromancer23 wrote:

Hey is this https://fromjeanstosuits.wordpress.com/category/life-at-oxford/ the resource you're looking for? Has an excel sheet but not sure how updated/relevant.

I am yet to decide too :( but find these two quite useful as well:
1. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Oxford_College_Pros_and_Cons (again unsure how updated/legit)
2. https://www.kentlui.com/2012/06/choosing-oxford-college-as-mba.html (this one is quite lovely actually)

Hope this helps! Would love to hear how y'all are approaching this decision!

Thanks for those resources! I'm torn between letting accommodation drive my decision and just requesting for a college that's really traditional while opting for accommodation externally.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39 (Online)
GPA: 4
Send PM
I created this group for Oxford MBA Class of 2022 admits, feel free to join - https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat.php?ro ... V4I1vPochi
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
krishsreedevi wrote:
Hello everyone

Im torn between applying in Round 2 and Round 3.

I prefer to apply in Round 3 so that I can push the decision a bit out as I am in between a lot of things right now. However, I am concerned that I might miss out on scholarship opportunities.

Can anyone tell me whether my concern is valid ? Is scholarship dependent on when you apply?

Is there any impact on acceptance rate across rounds ?

I’m having similar concerns. You have 30 days after notification to confirm and pay the deposit if you’re admitted, right? That means January 11 for round 2. I want to apply early to have a decent chance at scholarships but also want to give myself time to hear back from the US schools, which don’t notify until March!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
weqi09aj wrote:
I don't think you need to write too much on that question. I just wrote one short paragraph of about 100 words indicating my post-MBA goal and I did not put the reason as the question does not ask. I think it is important to only answer what is asked and not expand too much. Hope it helps.

Hi all, this is the only post I can find on the word/character limit for those short answer questions. I thought I saw somewhere that they could be up to 500 words? My short answer about my current role, greatest challenges and achievements is leaning toward 500. Just wondering if anyone can confirm the word/character limit, if there is one. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Concentration: Accounting, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.07
WE:Corporate Finance (Transportation)
Send PM
I dont think they put a specific word limit to those questions, meaning that you feel free to put whatever you need to describe your role or your career goal. I put 400 words giving a description of my current role and 100 words telling them my post-mba career goal. my personal opinion is that just down to the point. extra words would just require the AO spend more time reading.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: ISB'22 (WL)
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Hi Guys.

I had a question. Do we have to submit the video essay questions before the deadline or do we get additional time (after the deadline) to complete them ?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GRE 1: Q169 V165
GPA: 3.74
Send PM
Kudos
Quote:
Hi Guys.

I had a question. Do we have to submit the video essay questions before the deadline or do we get additional time (after the deadline) to complete them ?

Hi! I think you'll need to submit the video questions before the deadline.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Anyone received the scholarship info for r-1?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
GPA: 4
Send PM
Kudos
bls8946 wrote:
Quote:
Hi Guys.

Hi! I think you'll need to submit the video questions before the deadline.

Yes, actually after you submit the essays, give it 24 hours in order to receive the Kira link.
So you should be planning to submit the essays 2 or 3 days before the deadline.

Good luck!

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does anyone know, if you're rejected in stage 2, can you reapply in stage 3? Just deciding on application timing. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 98
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hi everyone, I have submitted the name of my referees couple of days back but they have not received any mail from Oxford. I have already written to SBS regarding the issue and am waiting for their reply. Is there anything else I can do in the meantime to get the reference mail?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
jbanan wrote:
Does anyone know, if you're rejected in stage 2, can you reapply in stage 3? Just deciding on application timing. Thanks!

Nope. You cannot. They say in their website that if you are not invited in any round, you'll be able to apply again only next year.

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  16   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts