Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:13 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
bayern15 wrote:
Oasis, have you considered the NYU Langone part time? I read that one of the members of our forum got in with a 640. NYU is a great school too.

If I go for an MBA I want to do full time - just a preference for me. Also, I live in NY and want to go somewhere else. I know NYU and Columbia are great schools but I really want to experience something different. Thanks for the info though.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 112 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
vibha - all the best for the interview. let us know how it went!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
vibha wrote:
oasis-don't be dishartened...i felt the same way when reading to posts but my gmat is on the lower end as well...i dont have an acceptance letter but am a step closer with an interview...so put everything into it...i didn't really believe it when they would say its about ur whole profile-but ive been proven wrong with other friends applying to bschool...keep the optimism up!!! good luck!

out of curiosity - what did you write for your personal statement? did you stick to the word limits or exceed?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
For the second essay, I just copied and paste my Cornell essay - Describe your greatest professional achievement. I went over the 400 words limit, around 430.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
i also re-used an essay from another app but i tweaked the prompt a bit...i staying within the word limit
What is the most challenging team environment you have been in and how did you contribute to make the situation efficient and promote team unity?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Bayern- what did you do to prepare for the interview?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I had a list of questions and knew what to expect. I can email you the list of questions. I found it very helpful.
I just wrote short essays for each questions and then rehearsed. My interview went great.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 315 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
bayern15 wrote:
I had a list of questions and knew what to expect. I can email you the list of questions. I found it very helpful.
I just wrote short essays for each questions and then rehearsed. My interview went great.

I spoke with someone at Yale and found out that number application is two fold this year, naturally this would mean our chances are cut in half. Not sure if this because of shorter essay questions, new curriculum, new dean or all together.

bayern could you shoot me the list of questions too?

does anyone have any good resources with sample essays just to get the structure and style of most common questions.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2